It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Here's a pretty obscure one I think.
Attachments:
no_bombs.png (325 Kb)
I remember playing that ages ago, but I've long since forgotten the name. Hmm.
Zjeraar: Here's a pretty obscure one I think.
Damn!
That does look extremely familiar. No idea (yet) what it is though.
Looks like Rock'n'Roll...
marcolphus: Looks like Rock'n'Roll...
Yes, in terms of game play it's quite similar. It's possible the developers were inspired by that game.
No bloody idea. "A Purple Ball Defusing Bombs In VGA Or On Atari ST"?
Perhaps a clue would shed a light on this one?:)
Zjeraar: Here's a pretty obscure one I think.
Rollin
Come on, people, these are just not fair. There are three billion clones of these games around and all of them look almost the same. It's almost like posting a pacman picture and asking which one is it :(
Twilight: Come on, people, these are just not fair. There are three billion clones of these games around and all of them look almost the same. It's almost like posting a pacman picture and asking which one is it :(
Except I'm not posting a pacman picture, or a small section of the game field; I'm posting a complete screen of a particular rolling ball game that has a very own distinct style. And, according to Mobygames, there are only 57 games of this type (not three billion). Granted, Rollin (mentioned by Lou) and this game were not placed within that group by the site.

Alright, here are some hints:
- Where the makers may have been influenced by Rock 'n Roll, Rollin might have been inspired by this game.
- I used to play it in DOS.
- The title of the game is quite straightforward and seems to suggest it's a sequel, although it's unknown to what game.
For the love of.. seriously?
Ballgame 2??
Zjeraar: ... only 57 games of this type (not three billion). Granted, Rollin (mentioned by Lou) and this game were not placed within that group by the site. ...
of course, I was over exaggerating, but you wrote my point exactly. It just seems cheap to post a game that has so many copies and there is an extremely small chance that anyone played it and still remembers it.
I'm sorry, I don't want you to take it personally, I just think it's not fair.
What I'm trying to say is, that games in this topic shouldn't be guessed by comparing screenshots on mobygames (which is more or less the only way to guess yours), but by actually recognizing the screenshot...
Smannesman: For the love of.. seriously?
Ballgame 2??
Yes! Proof here. Your turn. How did you figure it out?

Twilight: I'm sorry, I don't want you to take it personally, I just think it's not fair.
What I'm trying to say is, that games in this topic shouldn't be guessed by comparing screenshots on mobygames (which is more or less the only way to guess yours), but by actually recognizing the screenshot...
Personally, I like a challenge and if I had posted a screenshot of a game from the categories reasonably well-known through popular, Arteveld would have surely snuck up and guessed it already before anyone else. ;) What's the fun in that?

Btw, with so many retro gamers on GoG there's bound to be a participating member who knows or has known / played it, in this case Mentalepsy and Zhirek. It's just too bad they weren't able to recall the title.

And again, this is also a very distinct game -- not just a cheap clone of any rolling ball game, at least as far as I know.
Post edited December 10, 2010 by Zjeraar
This is also a very distinct game and as you can see, it can be found on Mobygames.
Good luck!
Attachments:
Smannesman: This is also a very distinct game and as you can see, it can be found on Mobygames.
Good luck!
Why, this is of course the wildly popular Thuis in het Milieu!
Zjeraar: Personally, I like a challenge and if I had posted a screenshot of a game from the categories reasonably well-known through popular, Arteveld would have surely snuck up and guessed it already before anyone else. ;) What's the fun in that?
I feel offended, as if my gaming knowledge and googling skills were evil, or something. I usually guess fast when i know the game, and google, when it takes You guys ages to come up with an answer. ;)

edit, and i don't touch 95% of the console game screens.
Post edited December 10, 2010 by Arteveld