It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

- Grim Dawn. I found a nice blueprint that is perfect for my build. now I need to do some farming.
- Powerslide. haven't unlocked everything yet.
Attempted Hitman - Say Hello to My Little Friend about ten times yesterday, got myself killed a lot. But I finally took him out.

Infiltrated base, strangled three guards, stormed the secret drug lab, got into shootout in drug lab, changed into different disguise, infiltrated house, used silenced pistol to take out everyone in house, got into shootout with drug lord with an m60, changed disguise again, blew up secret drug lab, took out more guards, got into another shootout and made a run for the plane, while getting my ass shot off.

Phew.
Post edited April 19, 2016 by bad_fur_day1
Codename 47 is vicious, kinetic and hard as nails, I love it. You need a mind of metal and wheels.
timppu: Freespace 2

Vanilla GOG version with no mods. I decided I'm now finally done with Freespace 1 + expansion, so now continuing with the sequel. Insane difficulty, currently in the fifth mission I think, not counting the tutorial missions.

It seems ok, graphics are somewhat better than in the first game, but I am a bit unsure about the story. The story in the first game was generally quite nice, unknown threat that makes two enemies join their forces etc. I am not even sure (by the fifth mission) what the story is about in this sequel, I just know that I am fighting some enemies for some reason, and now fighting Shivans too (apparently they didn't get beaten completely in the first game, then).

Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

Since this seems to work ok on my Windows 7 laptop, I guess I'd try to play it properly (to F4llout: at least I get those signpost pop-ups that you reported are missing for you, I think).

Not sure so far what to think about it, it's ok I guess. The intro movie made absolutely no sense whatsoever to me, what the heck happened in it? Who is that knight suit guy? You? Apparently not, considering what happens in the game _after_ that intro? Hopefully I am able to comprehend the story later on.

Not sure how far I am yet, I just obtained the ability to become a (were)wolf, apparently. That is needed for some platform jumping parts, I guess.
Kain.

You will definitely be able to comprehend the story. That game is the starting point to the one of the greatest series ever written in gaming world.

History abhors paradox. xD
I did beat FEAR 2 plus expansion a couple of days ago. It... was alright. FEAR 1 definitely is the better game. *shrug* It was entertaining enough while it lasted.

Onto Risen then. My god do I get my ass handed to me... a lot . I save often alright like the loading tip advises. ;) At least I'm doing a bit better now that I don't try to button-mash everything to death, which more often than not leads to my own death. Despite the fact that I am a suicidal maniac I'm actually having quite a bit of fun with this one. Just finished the swamp section and I'm off to Harbour Town.
Had a craving for some Total War action and haven't played any in a while, so I installed my old disc version of Medieval 2 and grabbed the Stainless Steel mod as well. Good stuff. Medieval is certainly one of the more underrated TW games. Even better with the SS mod.
Still Epistory. I'm surprised how much fun it is. Here's what a boss enemy looks like:

I think I should check out Typing of the Dead as well. I hope one of these games have multiplayer coop. I can just imagine the endless hilarity that can ensue!
Attachments:
Started playing This War of Mine again. Muddled through a couple days continuing my old playthrough until I made a stupid oversight and sent a severely ill guy -- who I meant to have rest -- out to scavenge the supermarket instead. I resigned myself to try to make the best of it, but when he stumbled upon the soldier getting ready to assault the woman, he wasn't even able to really hurt the guy before the soldier shot him point blank, killing him. I think that might be the first time I've quit a playthrough (probably second, come to think of it). At least in this case, it was my own stupid fault, instead of some glitch or RNG bullshit that fucked me over.
Anyway, I started a new game with a random setup. Apart from not being able to help a couple people due to my lack of food and medicine early on -- as well as one more (thankfully, minor) instance of my failing to set up a scavenging mission the way I intended -- it's going pretty well so far.

Also, I played some more of The Room: The Game, which I haven't really touched in a couple years. It's still one of the most entertaining Flash games I've played (though this depends heavily on being familiar with the movie it's paying tribute to). Maybe I'll even finish the thing this time, who knows?

Also also, still messing around with Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup. Xom is a most entertaining god, but I had to laugh when my most recent Half-Orc, a fighter who worshiped Beogh, got killed by an enemy Orc priest...after which, I saw a message to the effect of "Beogh is pleased by the Orc priest's killing of a heretic." This after my character had recently been killing enemy "heretic" Orc priests himself, and had gotten a similar message each time about Beogh being pleased with me. XD

Finally, I actually fired up some of my Microsoft game apps (Mahjong, Solitaire Collection, Minesweeper) recently, and have been playing those off and on when I don't feel like playing anything more involved. First time I've even attempted to use them since last year, I believe, when there was some persistent problem that didn't let me sign in for months; It's probably been well over a year since I really played any of them last.
Continuing Hitman: Codename 47

Mission 8: Traditions of the Trade - Great level set in a hotel to assassinate a terrorist bomber.

Mission 9: Gunrunner's Paradise - This level had me stumped on how to place a GPS tracking device on a car and then get into a sealed complex to meet another guy to track him to his boss in the next mission.

Mission 10 - Plutonium Runs Loose - I havn't even made it onto the targets boat yet, have to take out half an army just to get through his massive security.

Killed twenty guards and dogs, got through into the inner checkpoint, then some guard ran and told the guy and he ran away. -.-
Post edited April 23, 2016 by bad_fur_day1
Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

I played it for several hours yesterday. I'm kinda starting to like it. This game really rewards backtracking and exploration of every nook and cranny. I decided to backtrack to already visited places after I got the mace weapon (which lets you break some stones and statues that earlier blocked your way), and damn I am glad I did, otherwise I would have missed massive amounts of spells and stuff.

Freespace 2

Compared to the first Freespace game, the capital ship battles sure have quite a lot more punch and visual oomph. Anti-capital ship main beam weapons shooting right next to you when you approach the enemy capital ship, the sounds from those beam weapons (also from the anti-aircraft beam weapons) etc. Yikes!

I'm getting an urge to play other space combat sims too, already thinking of playing e.g. Independence War 1-2 right after this, and diving to X series properly (I've played the tutorial in the first game) etc.

X-Com: UFO Defence

This is one of those strategy games I've tried to learn and play before, but dropped for some reason. I decided to give it yet another chance, playing the GOG version. I'm trying to play now on Veteran (3) difficulty, ie. the medium difficulty.

Even though I have played the game long time ago quite a bit, I was still lost at the very beginning, ie. what should I do? Just let time pass until I detect some UFO (and go after it)? Change my current base layout (how exactly)? Build another base right away somewhere else? Buy lots more engineers, scientists and soldiers? What what whaaaaat? It is as if I had forgotten how I played it before.

Anyway, I read a bit of an online FAQ which seems to have pretty good suggestions, just the kind of read I need. It tells you what you should maybe concentrate at first, how to approach incidents (e.g. rather go for landed UFOs than crashed ones), when to build and what, how to divide tasks between bases (e.g. I had no idea that keeping research and manufacturing on separate bases makes sense, more than keeping both in the same base; and that having research on several bases doesn't give any extra benefit to research) etc.

Reading some other discussions online, it puzzles me how different people seem to give completely opposite hints. Someone said heavy plasma guns are awful so you should never waste time on researching them (rather concentrate on lighter plasma guns); another one said that's completely wrong and you should start researching heavy plasma guns ASAP, maybe right after laser rifles, etc. etc. etc.
timppu: X-Com: UFO Defence
Personally I would run that game only with openxcom because it solves many problems/bugs of the original without changing the actual game.
timppu: X-Com: UFO Defence
viperfdl: Personally I would run that game only with openxcom because it solves many problems/bugs of the original without changing the actual game.
The FAQ says:

http://openxcom.org/about/

Q: Why do I keep getting murdered the minute I step out of the craft?!
A: That’s X-COM! Remember the aliens have better equipment, resistance and visibility than you, and they have full-reaction-shots the first turn, so you might wanna just throw a smoke grenade and hang low. Also the AI is smarter, so cheap exploits and savescumming will no longer help you.
So, have they somehow changed the enemy AI in this remake, making it smarter than in the original?

Anyway, I installed that too and restarted the game on that, maybe it is better to play without so many bugs...
Post edited April 23, 2016 by timppu
timppu: The FAQ says:

http://openxcom.org/about/

Q: Why do I keep getting murdered the minute I step out of the craft?!
A: That’s X-COM! Remember the aliens have better equipment, resistance and visibility than you, and they have full-reaction-shots the first turn, so you might wanna just throw a smoke grenade and hang low. Also the AI is smarter, so cheap exploits and savescumming will no longer help you.
timppu: So, have they somehow changed the enemy AI in this remake, making it smarter than in the original?
I haven't tried openxcom myself, and finished the game instead with UFOextender which fixes several bugs and adds several optional game features, including some that affect the AI.

There is a TFTDextender for the sequel too.
Post edited April 23, 2016 by Matewis
UFC: Undisputed 3. Took me this long to discover that MMA fans have shit taste in music.
I'm a little bit scared of Hitman Plutonium Runs Loose now. I got blown up by a nuke one time. I want my mommy.
Post edited April 24, 2016 by bad_fur_day1