It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GR00T: Not a lot, really. Just the MGSO and what was suggested in the MGSO 3.0 Updating and Installation Walkthrough found on the Nexus Here. Not sure if I got it right though, as I had a couple crash issues already.
Modding Morrowind can be painful... the later games are easier (though still unstable).

What I really can recommend is Rational Wildlife (though I don't know if that one is still mirrored anywhere, might be hard to find). It makes all the critters less aggressive except for real predators and diseased/blighted animals. A lot better than simply removing all the Cliffracers for instance.
tinyE: What mods? I got so tired of screwing with them I just went back to vanilla minus something I kept for characters stats and leveling.
GR00T: Not a lot, really. Just the MGSO and what was suggested in the MGSO 3.0 Updating and Installation Walkthrough found on the Nexus Here. Not sure if I got it right though, as I had a couple crash issues already.
My biggest problem was some of the larger graphic mods have so many options and you need to find the exact right combination to prevent slow down and crashes. I sat there for an hour clicking different boxes going insane. :P

After a while I thought, do I really need to see dew drops glistening on every single leaf? :D
tinyE: My biggest problem was some of the larger graphic mods have so many options and you need to find the exact right combination to prevent slow down and crashes. I sat there for an hour clicking different boxes going insane. :P

After a while I thought, do I really need to see dew drops glistening on every single leaf? :D
lol - I know what you mean. Luckily, even though it's over 5 years old, my rig is still pretty decent (Core i7, GTX 560Ti, 18 GB RAM). Enough that I can handle Morrowind's mods at high settings at least.
trying to play Wargame - European Escalation

don't know what to do, i did move some tanks, and blow up other tanks. I can't move the tanks across the bridge, the cursor is a big red square, which means I can't move them there I assume.

also having a go a Sacred 1 not a bad game, a bit like Divine Divinity
Lucius
Attachments:
lucius.jpg (131 Kb)
The last mission of Freespace (base game, non-modded), playing in the hardest Insane difficulty level.

Ok so I am supposed to destroy Lucifer. I have an Ulysses fighter, while the three others in the Alpha wing are Ursa bombers, Beta wing is one Ursa bomber and three Hercules fighters, and then the Delta and Epsilon wings are what they are. All fighters are in a pretty good condition, I have 100% hull and all the others are green, except one Beta wingman is red (taken damage in the earlier mission). So I presume i should be in quite a good position for the last mission.

I have tried different approaches to killing Lucifer (also ones suggested in various walkthroughs), but I don't really know how to achieve it.

1. I let every wing do whatever they want, meaning all the other wings will mostly fight the enemy fighters, while Delta wing proceeds with its bombing run. Delta wing seems to do jack shit about destroying the reactors. At first I think they managed luckily to destroy 3 out of 5 reactors, but in the subsequent retries they usually don't seem to be able to destroy even one. Delta wing seems pretty much useless, even though they are the ones who are supposed to destroy Lucifer.

Some walkthrough suggested I should destroy turret guns on the Lucifer so that the Delta bombers have a better chance to get the Harbinger bombs through, but the problem is it seems to take like 2 minutes of constant shooting with twin-Prometheus guns to destroy even one turret gun. So I can destroy only like 2-3 turret guns during the whole mission, if I concentrate solely on them. The turrets seem to have massive armor.

I've also tried to kill the reactors myself one by one, but that seems quite slow too. I was able to destroy reactor 1 by myself, but proceeding to reactor 2, nearby autoturrets and missile launchers activate, and start pounding me. Even if they didn't, I fear I simply don't have enough mission time to destroy all five reactors, it takes so long to destroy even one.

2. Some walkthrough suggested you simply tell the Beta wing to disable Lucifer (destroying two engines), and then you have all the time you need to destroy it as it can't move/jump anymore. Ok, but the Beta wing never seems to achieve that. At best I think they got Engine 1 down to 70% and Engine 2 down to 94%. Wow, quite a long way still... It doesn't matter even if I tell all the wings/fighters to disable Lucifer, it just seems to be an impossible task to them (and then there are also the enemy fighters to consider, someone should keep them busy too).

3. I try to kill the engines myself by parking very close to them, but it seems a very slow task with twin-Prometheus guns, I don't think I have enough time in the mission to destroy them both. Maybe one, at best.

But then there is also the problem that nearby enemy turrets and missile launchers keep targeting me near the engines. I haven't found a safe place there where I could avoid them. Sometimes parking veeeery close to the enemy mothership hull is a safe place, but not in this case, not near the engines.

4. Some walkthroughs suggested I should select an Ursa bomber for myself in the earlier mission, and load it full with Harbingers, then I could destroy the reactors/Lucifer myself with them.

Ok, but Ursa is so damn slow that if you select it, you have to fight countless waves of very hard enemies in the previous mission before reaching the jump point. With an Ulysses or Valkyrie, you can outrun the enemies and jump out to the last mission as soon as all friendly wings have appeared.

Also my earlier experiences with the Harbinger bombs haven't been that good. If I launch one from a distance towards an enemy ship, then it will simply shoot it down with its autoturrets. If I get very close so that they can't do that, then I will take major damage to myself from the splash damage, from each Harbinger.

I tried the Ursa approach once, but at the end rest of the Alpha wing, and the whole Beta and Epsilon wings, had died from the countless enemy waves. So there was only me in an Ursa, and the Delta wing, for the last mission then. Nope, that was not doable, the last mission is totally impossible with that setup, you definitely need all the fighters to fight the enemy fighters as long as possible. That's why I replayed the earlier mission in an Ulysses so that I could get the other wings in a good condition to the last mission.

Still trying to figure this one out... I think my best chance is in trying to destroy the two engines on Lucifer, and then try to find a safe spot somewhere near its hull where neither the autoturrets/missile launchers nor enemy fighters can reach me, and then just pound the Lucifer hull with my Prometheus guns for half an hour or so that it takes to destroy it down to 0%. But how to get those engines destroyed ASAP, that's the problem.

Dang...
Post edited February 10, 2016 by timppu
I'm alternating between Neverwinter Nights 2 and Master of Orion 2. I find both rather addicting although once in awhile on widescreen NWN2 has this unfortunate habit of freaking my task manager out which system crap then thinks it is doing me a solid by restricting access to the graphics card... Which then pretty much freezes up and blacks out the visual part of the game forcing me to have to close it via force quit and restart the mess. I still haven't quite figured out a decent workaround for that and have tried fiddling with lowering some of the shader and shadow render settings, adjusting effects levels and so on. It's a very nice game just it runs somewhat clunky so you have to remember to save a bit on the just to be safe conservative/semi-often side lol, which takes me back to the old days of trying to play stuff on more primitive machines.

As for Masters of Orion...
Oh my God... This and Starflight so totally give you a more open ended yet older-school feel of how Mass Effect could have been... Sort of. Although the whole empire building aspect of the 4X genre as employed here also kind of reminds a person of stuff like Civilization and Starcraft a little bit.
I like using em as a break from moderating online text based roleplayer groups since it is a lot less headachey dealing with AI than bitching and moaning human players who really halfway feel like they could maybe try getting away with crazy autohits and other godmodding. Heh.
I mean, I love those little communities I help moderate but shit gets a little demanding; I kind of wonder if the single player cRPGs keep me from growing disillusioned with the RPG genre.
Re bought back my copy of Devil May Cry 4. I was missing it.

Actually play it? Maybe next year might be nice.
Just started Morrowind... again :P
I started playing <span class="bold">Steins;Gate</span> yesterday.
TF2
Downfall

Because I am incredibly depressed and in a really dark space at the moment.
Replaying Descent again. Good times! (I do hope they'll manage to get it back on digital shelves again)

Kind of stalled out on Dungeon Keeper 2 once more during mid-campaign. I'm not planning on abandoning it quite like I did all those times before... it's just on hold for the time-being.

As it is, I haven't allotted myself a lot of game time anyway since I started watching all of Star Trek Voyager again, for the first time since it was originally broadcast.
riddler214: Thread title says it all.

For me, I started playing Tales of the Monkey Island last night and finished episode 1 in about 3.3 hrs. Will start the next episode tonight after office hours and probably squeeze in a dose of NBA 2K11 (enjoying the Jordan mode) goodness.

How bout you?
Ark ,.. All day long. All Week long all Month long. I have so many hours invested in this game It makes my other games look silly. I am close to 1000 hours gamed.

WOW.
I really do have a life other then Ark.

Private Server
15 mods.... Oh MY GOD VALHALLA MOD ROCKS.,...

5 close friends and family.
no Griefing.

All Love.
Team work
Exploration and cooperation.
Still struggling with the last mission of Freespace.

It has become evident to me that if you are playing at the hardest (Insane) difficulty, then the only way to beat the last mission is to fly an Ursa bomber which is equipped with six Harbinger bombs, and destroy the five reactors yourself. Or alternatively, maybe destroy the two engines (after which Lucifer can't escape anymore, ie. the mission timer is off), and then try to find some place near Lucifer's hull where you can slowly but surely destroy it with your lasers. Maybe even destroy all enemy fighters first too, if you think your hull can take it (remember, you have no shields so every enemy shot at your hull brings you closer to death and failure).

I've tried several approaches with a faster fighter (no Harbinger bombs) and my wingmen having also Ursas/Harbingers:

1. Tell any or all of my wingmen to either disable, or disarm Lucifer: nope, they will surely die before doing any meaningful damage to either the engines or the weapons subsystems.

2. Try to destroy the weapons subsystem yourself (so that the Delta bomber wing has a better chance of destroying the reactors, because otherwise they will always fail): can't be done, the nearby autoturrets and especially missiles will get you sooner or later, plus your wingmen do a pisspoor job fending off any enemy fighters from you.

3. Try to destroy the engines yourself: not enough time. There are two engines, and I can get one of them down to maybe 30% before Lucifer escapes, using a Prometheus + D-Advanced weapon combo which should be quite good for taking out subsystems. Usually already before that all my wingmen have died from fighting enemy fighters, and the enemy fighters will kill me.

4. Try to destroy the five reactors yourself (with lasers): The first two reactors are doable, but 3-5 seem to have so many autoturrets, missile launchers and enemy fighters near them that You Will Die. Plus, I am pretty sure you simply don't have enough time to destroy them all in time even if there were no turrets nor enemy fighters.

At best the Delta bomber wing has been able to destroy three (out of five) reactors, before getting killed by either Lucifer's defences or enemy fighters. Usually they don't manage to destroy any of the reactors.

All in all, it does seem the only way to beat the mission is to select an Ursa with six Harbinger bombs. Too bad this also means the previous mission will be ultra-hard, you will probably lose most of your wingmen and maybe have severe hull damage to yourself before reaching the jump point. If you don't have enough wingmen in the last mission, then you can't concentrate on your bombing runs.

Damn this mission to hell. And fuck all those online walkthroughs giving completely bogus advices that don't work in practise. Or maybe they do, if you play in the Easy level.
Post edited February 15, 2016 by timppu