It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Finally getting around to starting Pillars of Eternity after a week of hard drive crashes and OS re-installs.
I've played quite a bit of Overlord lately, but I'm unsure what to think of it and whether I should continue playing. The general idea is fun, and sound and graphics add to that, the lack of camera control can be a bit awkward and annoying, but I get used to it.

What I don't like is that the game appears to be open world, deceiving you into thinking you can go everywhere you want to, but then you're often prevented from continuing in that direction because you haven't recruited all of the four types of minions yet. Fair enough, but the game doesn't tell you what missions you need to do to find them and in which order, so I had to use a walkthrough in order to prevent too much tedious backtracking. And even so it took quite a while to recruit those minions, so you could say a large part of the first half is still a tutorial until you've collected all the minions that open the game world to you.

And then it's essentially a puzzle game in which you follow mostly linear paths and try to find out how to advance when the game puts obstacles in your way, which often made me use the walkthrough again. And there is still a lot of backtracking when a plan fails and you have to revive your minions, because the minion portals are spread all over the map and not in the places where I'd need them ... Is that all there is to it or does it get better?
Post edited November 21, 2015 by Leroux
Playing Renowned Explorers right now, its been much fun so far. :)
Messiah is pretty fun as well. ^^ But the tutorial didnt explain crucial information like how to possess someone, had to try around to finally get it right.
Post edited November 22, 2015 by NuffCatnip
Games i beat recently in the past two weeks.

Red dead redemption
Silent hill 2
Mark of the ninja
grand theft auto 3

Probably goin to start playing rome 2 soon.For an online game, probably fifa or counterstrike.
Post edited November 23, 2015 by ryanpowell19
Nearly had Omega Weapon but he got in a cheap shot. I nuked 100 triple flares on him, that's 300,000 points of damage, he was still alive. Squall was probably hitting about the same on top as well. Even got in a 9999 damage Renzokuten, and the f**ker was still alive. o_o
Fallout 2

After finishing the first one i started playing yesterday. This should keep me busy until x-mas. :D
I'm currently playing The Blackwell Legacy and Blackthorne. Both are good, but I think I might have reached the part in Blackthorne where the difficulty starts to derail the gameplay.
I thought I would play Terraria just for an hour or so. It's been three days. That game is ruining my life. It's like it is imbued with candies and drugs. I better go play some Terraria. Maybe I can mine out my answers.
I think Final Fantasy 8 Omega Weapon has defeated me, damn it, I nearly had him.

I can't do a million points of damage and survive his onslaught as well. And if he decides to spam attacks quickly your done. Digital Devil Saga 2 Satan is probably as tough but I havn't fought him.

I got him to 700,000 points of damage from having the initiative and some beginners luck, but I tried a more consistent approach as well, I didn't even get close to that.

He's got some really nasty attacks, but his extremely large hit points means he'll probably get lucky at one point while your whittling down his hp and wipe your party.

Last battle he cast Gravija and then immediately, before I could heal, cast mega damage Terra Break. I'm not sure if the timing on when he can cast is random, but if he does that again your dead.
Dessimu: I thought I would play Terraria just for an hour or so. It's been three days. That game is ruining my life. It's like it is imbued with candies and drugs. I better go play some Terraria. Maybe I can mine out my answers.
If you're under 20 then you're in the clear. If you're a day over that you deserve 5 minutes in the timeout corner and at least 1 visit with a qualified occupational therapist.
Dessimu: I thought I would play Terraria just for an hour or so. It's been three days. That game is ruining my life. It's like it is imbued with candies and drugs. I better go play some Terraria. Maybe I can mine out my answers.
Emob78: If you're under 20 then you're in the clear. If you're a day over that you deserve 5 minutes in the timeout corner and at least 1 visit with a qualified occupational therapist.
Heheh, I'm ok. Also, I might have exaggerated a bit about the length of playing. It was more like I played no other games on those three days. But everything in fair amounts, no harm anywhere.
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic

One of my all time favourite.
I'll add that, belongside Duke Nukem 3D and Freedom Planet, both Minecraft Windows 10 Edition and Innoquous 5 for short burst gameplay.

In Minecraft, I've been busy building some shops in a creative world of mine to populate it, Meanwhile, I think Innoquous 5 is a nice. puzzle platformer, and I like it.
Half-Life 2 [PC]

I completed HL1 many moons ago, I forgot how fun this game is.

Valkyria Chronicles [PC]

Sweet game, but my gamepad is going to break soon, click click click click, and that's just the dialogs

rat-a-tat-a-tat
Post edited November 30, 2015 by Cavenagh
Thea : The Awakening.

Love the refreshing take on the genre