It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

well none at the moment. Though I do play a game sometimes where I imagin what it would be like to jump off a bridge.
The object of the game is to try and get yourself to actually do it. :)
So far I've lost every game. ;.;
I'd ask for help but for some reason my famaly gets upset whenever I mention it.
Well I'm off to church. another happy sunday for me :D

;.;
Act of War Direct Action

One of the best purchases that i made this year, really bring backs good memories from the 90's, i just love the cheeziness of it (it has live action alas the C&C) and the gameplay is great.
Just played 2 missions and it's just the simple troops vs troops so i still have to see how goes the base vs base gameplay.
i have been looking for a hack and slash/loot crawl game for a bit now. I think I may have found it: Fate: The Traitors Soul. So far, I'm really digging it. It's nothing fancy and it's very colorful and simple, but something about it has me sucked in. There is no story that I can find, just level after level of dungeons containing loot-dropping baddies. Plus, you get a pet and there is fishing.

Actually, this is what Torchlight tried to be and failed miserably at. No, I'm sorry, this is the game that Torchlight completely ripped off. I didn't think I could dislike that game anymore. Boy was I wrong!
Still playing Persona 4 Golden. Beating the New Game+ on Very Hard.
I've been going back and forth between a handful of games recently, since I've finally actually had some time to play some games a bit. Still getting through Wasteland 2, (savoring it! And looking forward to completing it before the DC comes out and I replay it because it is so worth replaying!) I've been playing the first few Blackwell games, thanks to awalterj, and look forward to getting to the rest of the Wadjet Eye games soon! Thanks to Mago72, I've been able to play Shadowrun Returns finally, and am what feels like halfway through it and should be finished soon. While it's not very good or anything, it is interesting and well-written enough that I'm very glad to be playing it. And I'm excited to get to play Dragonfall once I am done, because I have that waiting for me to play as well thanks to Fenixp!
My "recently played" list: Banished (just played it for the first time in two months -- it ate my entire evening!); Soldiers: Heroes of World War II (only just bought it in the current promo, so I still suck right now); Terraria (still on v1.2.4.1, though); Din's Curse (w/ the "Demon War" expansion); and, now and again, a little Spelunky (the old freeware version), just to keep myself humble.
Oh, and last night, when I was casting about for something to play, I opened King of Dragon Pass, loaded my last save (dated last November, IIRC), looked at the screen for a couple minutes, then closed the game again. This is not the first time I have done this....

Crewdroog: i have been looking for a hack and slash/loot crawl game for a bit now. I think I may have found it: Fate: The Traitors Soul. So far, I'm really digging it. It's nothing fancy and it's very colorful and simple, but something about it has me sucked in. There is no story that I can find, just level after level of dungeons containing loot-dropping baddies. Plus, you get a pet and there is fishing.

Actually, this is what Torchlight tried to be and failed miserably at. No, I'm sorry, this is the game that Torchlight completely ripped off. I didn't think I could dislike that game anymore. Boy was I wrong!
Long time, no see! =)

I take it from the above post, then, that Din's Curse didn't trip your trigger?
Crewdroog: Actually, this is what Torchlight tried to be and failed miserably at. No, I'm sorry, this is the game that Torchlight completely ripped off. I didn't think I could dislike that game anymore. Boy was I wrong!
You do realize that the creator of Fate was one of the main guys to work on Torchlight, so it can't really be called a rip-off.
Starpoint Gemini 2, Mount and Blade Viking Conquest and Saints Row 3 plus a wee bit of Worms World party.
Im all over the place right now:

Alice: The Madness Returns - Still have two more levels, which is amazing, as I have already clocked in almost 18 hours on this psychotic platformer. Great game if you smoke.

Return to Castle Wolfenstein - Classic id FPS game. Truely old school gameplay. Good game and I paid the right price for it, $2.50. Just got to the games final boss tonight, but Im saving him for tomorrow.

Half Life 2 - Just beat it last night. Nothing more to say than its a masterpiece.

Skyrim - Only just began this epic. Going to just play this one sporadically over the course of the year. Something to play at a slow pace when I just want to cruise around.

Dishonored - Just installed it tonight and put an hour or so into it. Seems really clean and polished. I think Im going to enjoy it quite a bit. More to come on this one... Funny thing is I only installed it because I was playing the first S.T.A.L.K.E.R. for a few days but all of a sudden I got this weird error (which I guess is fairly common) and it crashes when loading a save or starting a new game. I tried reinstalling and all tips I could find, but nothing fixed it. So I finally uninstalled it for good and decided to try Dishonored. Might give S.T.A.L.K.E.R. another shot when I upgrade to Windows 10 to see if it fixes it.
Crewdroog:
HunchBluntley: Long time, no see! =)

I take it from the above post, then, that Din's Curse didn't trip your trigger?
Hello! good to see you too! I hope you are doing well :)

no, it didn't. I don't know what it was about the game, but I didn't care for it. the UI? It's been awhile since I've played it, maybe i'll load it back up again.
Crewdroog: Actually, this is what Torchlight tried to be and failed miserably at. No, I'm sorry, this is the game that Torchlight completely ripped off. I didn't think I could dislike that game anymore. Boy was I wrong!
mistermumbles: You do realize that the creator of Fate was one of the main guys to work on Torchlight, so it can't really be called a rip-off.
huh, no i did not. but still, if you are gonna just rehash your old game, at least do something to make it stand apart or be better than the old one. but thanks for the info! :)
Post edited August 03, 2015 by Crewdroog
Albion, as mentioned earlier. I just got off the starter island after thoroughly exploring/grinding it, and I'm now going through the forbidden section of the druid complex. Random thoughts:
- Talked to one random Iskai woman who mentioned how provocative and exciting it was to be wearing clothes. *amused*
- Mechanics-wise it's very noticeable that the devs came from an Amiga based background. Seriously, the gameplay just screams Amiga to me; so much so that if it wasn't for the "highly detailed" setting and some other enhancements it could easily pass for one of the games of yore
- Combat is a bit funky. It does seem weird to keep shuffling left/right because I can only move my party within the bottom two lines. Otherwise it's decent. Nothing too noteworthy though
- The lack of manual is a sore oversight. Thankfully I downloaded one elsewhere thanks to another forum member linking to a (ugly but still useful) scanned copy. While half of it is not all that needed, that list of spells and what they actually do comes in very handy.
- The overworld itself seems a little empty. Yeah, the environment is pretty, but other than the odd monster encounter and rarer still items to pick up there's not much else to do but traversing from point A to B.

Hm. From even that short list it sounds a bit negative, but I wouldn't exactly call those detracting much from the overall experience. I'm very much still having a good time with the game.
Post edited August 03, 2015 by mistermumbles
Crewdroog: Hello! good to see you too! I hope you are doing well :)
Can't complain. Well, I could, but I won't. ;)

Crewdroog: no, it didn't. I don't know what it was about the game, but I didn't care for it. the UI? It's been awhile since I've played it, maybe i'll load it back up again.
Wish I could think of something else to recommend, but I simply haven't played any other "loot-'n'-grind" ARPGs of this type on the PC. I have Divine Divinity, but it's a bit slower-paced, and a hell of a lot more expansive, more focused on story and exploration (or so I gather from the miniscule amount of progress I'd made as of the last time I touched it earlier this year).

There have been some new ARPGs released here recently, but I don't know much about any of them. Victor Vran looks perhaps the most interesting of the lot, but I can't say much about any of the rest.
Crewdroog: Hello! good to see you too! I hope you are doing well :)
HunchBluntley: Can't complain. Well, I could, but I won't. ;)

Crewdroog: no, it didn't. I don't know what it was about the game, but I didn't care for it. the UI? It's been awhile since I've played it, maybe i'll load it back up again.
HunchBluntley: Wish I could think of something else to recommend, but I simply haven't played any other "loot-'n'-grind" ARPGs of this type on the PC. I have Divine Divinity, but it's a bit slower-paced, and a hell of a lot more expansive, more focused on story and exploration (or so I gather from the miniscule amount of progress I'd made as of the last time I touched it earlier this year).

There have been some new ARPGs released here recently, but I don't know much about any of them. Victor Vran looks perhaps the most interesting of the lot, but I can't say much about any of the rest.
i am downloading van helsing right now from steam. while I was bumbling around there I ran into a game called Grim Dawn and is from the creators of Titan Quest. It looks pretty awesome, but it is steam, so there is that. However, I don't have enough vram for it, so I can't play it, and that makes me a sad panda.

I looked at victor vran too, but again, computer is just not up for it. Funny thing, I was looking at sacred, and I may download it next. However, I kinda want to give heretic kingdoms another go. who knows.
Crewdroog: i am downloading van helsing right now from steam. while I was bumbling around there I ran into a game called Grim Dawn and is from the creators of Titan Quest. It looks pretty awesome, but it is steam, so there is that. However, I don't have enough vram for it, so I can't play it, and that makes me a sad panda.

I looked at victor vran too, but again, computer is just not up for it. Funny thing, I was looking at sacred, and I may download it next. However, I kinda want to give heretic kingdoms another go. who knows.
This one? Or one of its predecessors? I had never heard of this game before people started comparing Victor Vran to it in the release thread here. (At least, I assume it's this game. They all just called it "Van Helsing", and I don't imagine there are too many other recent vampire-hunter-themed hack-&-slash ARPGs out there.)

I feel your pain regarding the PC being underpowered. Even if I could afford them, and cared to try them, a lot of these newer games being released (even here!) are beyond the capabilities of my lowly off-the-shelf laptop.

On a side note, I find it odd that no one has yet made a GOGmix focusing on these types of ARPGs. At least, none that are very popular and that contain Torchlight or Sacred Gold.
deleted