It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Still working on Dust: An Elysian Tale. Pretty close to finishing now, just a chapter or so left. Great game. I hope most people have picked this one up by now, as its been on sale alot lately. Just a beautiful game.

Playing co-op Halo 2 on the Master Chief Collection for Xbox One with my brother. Only a couple more levels left. The game is a little different, as you play as the bad guys (convenant) during a few of the levels. It feels weird shooting at Marines.

Lastly, just started F.E.A.R.. Too early to give impressions, but I think I'm going to like it. I hope so, as I got the trilogy from Bundle Stars ($5).
I've finished the main campaing of Neverwinter Nights 2. It was much better than I was expecting, and being NWN 2 a game I avoided for a long time due to the awful impression it made me when I played it several years ago. I start to question my memory, since it was definitely not as I thought to remember - which is fine by me! :P

Now I have finally started Mask of the Betrayer, a game often comapred to Planescape: Torment. I'll see if those statements are true; for now, I must say it seems to be on the right track, with both its setting (the superstious and mysterious Rashemen) and its werid characters.
Picked up a few cheap games in the recent sales so I'm wading through those at the moment.

Currently playing Bloodrayne 1 and 2 with the occasional round of Unreal 2004 in between sessions.
FEAR, The Witcher 1 and Saints Row The Third are next on the list :-)
Playing Witcher 3. Picked it up on Friday and have rarely stopped playing since. There's just so much to do in this game.
Enebias: I've finished the main campaing of Neverwinter Nights 2.
I've had this one on my back burner for so long. There are other games I want to play, and games I hope to buy in the short term so I've been scared of tackling this one as I know I'll want to put a good chunk of time into both the main campaign and at least one or two of the expansions.

I've been playing one I bought a while ago and am just now getting around to: Freedom Force Vs The Third Reich. I grabbed this back when GoG lost a few publishers (most of which came back I believe?) for a silly low price. I had always heard about the first and what a wonderful game it was, but never played it. So I ended up getting this one before it was gone.

Great game! I was surprised by the combat as I thought it was going to be an action RPG (like the console X-Men games) but it's really like a pared down Baldur's Gate real time with pause and some simplified stats. But it really shines in atmosphere. The voiceovers are awesome, the visuals perfect and the entire game just oozes this wonderful comic book kitsch. I have a huge stupid smile on my face every time I hear Mentor talk or get to watch a "Secret Origin" video. I'm not even a golden age of comics fan and this game works on so many levels for me.
cecil: Words...
I personally got the demo via Itch.io (where it's DRM-free) but the demo is also available through Steam. There isn't a Mac version but the developer seems open to making one (saying "Stay Tuned" when asked about it on the Steam forums).

I've actually put a few more hours into Fallout 3 just touring the vaults and a few other recommended places to check out. While some of the vaults were interesting (particularly the one where you find the violin), I think they all pale when compared to Vault 22 of New Vegas. Speaking of vaults and New Vegas, I completely forgot to finish exploring vault 34 when I was playing it, now that my character has a perk that gets rid of radiation gradually and when you sleep I do need to finish up that vault.

The 1866 mod for the original Mount & Blade has also eaten up large chunks of my time lately. I had to build up an army and save General Grant and other high ranking members of our faction from Cochise, who had about a hundred prisoners when I confronted him trying to take one of our forts. The Apaches were just stomping our faction and of course it was up to me and me alone to raise a party of about forty troops and stop them. I've managed to capture all but two, maybe three, Apache leaders and once I've captured them then we've all but won the war. Now if General Grant would stop going to war with literally every possible (major) faction at the same time...shades of King Harlaus!

Hard Time 2D and Wrestling Revolution have been getting some playtime too. Great stuff from the always interesting MDickie, now if only he would get Wrestling Revolution 3D to PC!
Finally getting around to Darksiders. Liking it so far, but the PC port is pretty mediocre as far as options goes (resolution and v-sync only).
Right now I'm playing Heroes of the Storm, in few more minutes I will play Guity Gear XX Accent Core Plus R on PC, OH YEEES!!!!
cecil: Words...
NoNewTaleToTell: There isn't a Mac version but the developer seems open to making one (saying "Stay Tuned" when asked about it on the Steam forums).

better then nothing but like Mind: Path to thalamus I've been staying tuned since the beginning of the year and I got the devs pinned to maybe by the end of this year. thanks for the info :)
Oddworld :Abe's Oddysee .

Missed this game so much , it does get hard and a pain in the butt sometimes but i love it .A good challenge.

Also , a much better version then steams one . Works great .
Might be also that I read it, but didn't fully understand its importance. :) Happens all the time, e.g. in mission 11 there was apparently some note about the missing key 5, but it didn't quite click with me. I had to check online where the key is.

I presume the blackjacking method to disable mechs is not the one you mean, but that's what I use now, as it costs nothing. :) Just have to make sure there are no other enemies around, when you choose to do that. Feels the same like destroying that tank with your crowbar in Half-life...

Have to say I didn't know this either (until you said it), and I still don't know why it is important (ie. making the game "far too easy")? Side-leaning is quite useful to look around without being seen, but leaning forward?
timppu: Might be also that I read it, but didn't fully understand its importance. :) Happens all the time, e.g. in mission 11 there was apparently some note about the missing key 5, but it didn't quite click with me. I had to check online where the key is.

I presume the blackjacking method to disable mechs is not the one you mean, but that's what I use now, as it costs nothing. :) Just have to make sure there are no other enemies around, when you choose to do that. Feels the same like destroying that tank with your crowbar in Half-life...

timppu:
timppu: Have to say I didn't know this either (until you said it), and I still don't know why it is important (ie. making the game "far too easy")? Side-leaning is quite useful to look around without being seen, but leaning forward?
I'm going to assume that gameplay hints on Thief 2 are no longer considered spoilers... but if you are the squeamish type, beware... spoilers ahead. :p

I believe the note I am referring to is in the eavesdropping mission. In the cellar where they are apparently working on the machines, there is a note from a mechanic explaining that there is one obvious flaw in the design where a well placed source of water can de-commission them. For the big boys it takes 2 water arrows and the little guys just take 1. Its like a knock out, they just stop moving and can be found by other patrols, but its quiet if you manage to catch them in out of the way places (you can't move them).

Leaning forward means that guards can walk right into you. Even alert guards as long as you are in complete shadow. Leaning forward and then blackjacking at the right time will knock them out before they "see/bump into" you.
More "gameplay spoilers" for Thief 2:

When you disable the big mechs with 18 hits with a blackjack (keep close to them all the time so they can't shoot at you), they get disabled. If you keep hitting them, after awhile they break into pieces. If I recall right, the biggest piece is described as a corpse? You can pick it up, and unlike real corpses, also throw far from you (like a projectile).

Not sure if that takes care of other patrols finding them, or if the remaining pieces on the ground (which you can't pick up and throw around) can still be found by the patrols? I haven't tested it yet, let's see if I still face those mechs.

Thanks for the tip on leaning forward, that may become handy. I usually just crouched in the dark if an enemy was seeking me, then they usually wouldn't detect me even if they bumped into me. Occasionally they might though, but at least not as often as if I was standing in the dark.
I'm playing alot of different games right now. Just kind of happened that way.

F.E.A.R.
Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate (3DS)
Dust: An Elysian Tale
Halo 3: Master Chief Collection (Xbox One)

Enjoying it quite a bit. Never played a F.E.A.R. game before and Im not sure why. I bought the trilogy off bundlestars for $5. About halfway through so far. A little repetitive on the constant office cubicles, but still a cool game. I enjoy the bullet time effects as well.
I am playing Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate on my Vita. It's not super great, which isn't a surprise, based on the reviews it got. But I had just pounded my way through the distinctly hard-core Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey and the lengthy Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 Golden, while playing and beating an obscure SNES JRPG called Emerald Dragon on the side (never released officially in English; rom translators are doing god's work), and when I tried to start Megami Tensei, the first game of the series that Strange Journey and Persona are spin-offs of, which had been my original plan, I realized that I just couldn't take another JRPG right now. I needed something completely different, and running around pretending to be Batman and punching people in the face seemed to be just what the doctor ordered, middling reviews or no.

Unfortunately, it really is ... not great. A confusing map that makes navigating difficult, a truckload of backtracking (made worse by the map), no real story, rudimentary, uninteresting stealth, and not nearly enough punching.

As a secondary game, I've started Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors, an adventure/visual novel game on the Nintendo DS. It seems pretty neat, but I'm too early in to have formed much of an opinion.

The games I've been playing recently have pretty much all been hand-helds (or emulated on a hand-held device), because the Summer heat has turned my apartment into a suffocating, sweat-drenched nightmare, and my laptop is dying a sad and wretched death. Hopefully by the end of next week, I'll have my new laptop, and be able to actually play some PC games; I really want to try Bloodnet, which has been sitting in my backlog for months now, and The Charnel House Trilogy, which I thought might get a GOG release, since Richard and Alice did, but hasn't so far.
Post edited May 31, 2015 by BadDecissions