It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

StingingVelvet: Hadn't played a video game since September but loaded up Steam today and bought Neon Struct after someone linked me to an article about it. The game is basically Deus Ex gone indie and I am really enjoying it. A little simple to call a classic so far (2 hours in) but still very much worth playing for fans of the genre.
Thanks for pointing that out. +1
Metroid: Zero Mission
Been trying to play The Void, and been playing a variety of other stuff in between as this game is just handing my ass to me over and over. I may have to resort to using the "easy mode" patch.
Red Faction 1 : got "stuck" a few times and had to read a walkthrough. this doesn't usually happen when i play a shooter. or rather i usually die from bad reflexes or running straight into an ambush. otherwise enjoyable. probably spent too much time in the glasshouse.

Shadow Warrior Complete: dying and reloading a lot. also map designs feels too "puzzle-like" like some parts of duke nukem 3d. had to check a walkthrough very early on. somewhat disappointed. also expansion maps are so buggy and incomplete, the dev tells us to cheat?

Blake Stone shareware: did not die alot...suddenly 3 hours disappeared and i still haven't beaten it!
Blake Stone: Planetstrike :: oh, new gun! ah, it gobbles up ammo and it's SLOW. blowing up security cubes felt like a lame duck gimmick.

Steel Horizon (NDS): yes, nobody seems to like this game. the UI is clunky and slows down the game. only 2 people on the internet have claimed to beat it... i think. just when i thought i was finally going to fight the final uberkoolaid mutant giant boss ship, i'm told i have to go hunt down more mooks first. meh.
Still playing Oblivion GotY. With mods of course. My playtime is over 100h and I only reached level 19 so far. The OOO-mod makes the game far more interesting than I thought.
Started Neverwinter Nights after not touching it in like 11 years, I haven't gone very far back then so hopefully I'll finish it this time around.
comradegarry: The Witcher 3
I really like it and I can't believe how big the game is! Going to be be putting some hours into this game for sure.
I'm just glad my low end computer can some how handle the game :*)

Total Annihilation: Commander Pack
Played the first 5 or so missions, I really like it, though I don't have much time to put into it right now with playing TW3 and all.

Warhammer 40k Dawn of War
Played it before TW3 came out, just played the tutorial. I can't say I like the game or not, the universe is so different(guns & orcs?) from most games I can't tell if it's good or bad(for me).
What are the specs on your computer?
comradegarry: The Witcher 3
I really like it and I can't believe how big the game is! Going to be be putting some hours into this game for sure.
I'm just glad my low end computer can some how handle the game :*)

Total Annihilation: Commander Pack
Played the first 5 or so missions, I really like it, though I don't have much time to put into it right now with playing TW3 and all.

Warhammer 40k Dawn of War
Played it before TW3 came out, just played the tutorial. I can't say I like the game or not, the universe is so different(guns & orcs?) from most games I can't tell if it's good or bad(for me).
LJChronx: What are the specs on your computer?
AMD 3 core overclocked to 4 cores total running at 3.33ghz each
4GB of ram
Nvidia GT 730 overclocked 175mhz on core clocked and 100mhz on the memory (it's still passive cooled too, I just leave my case open to let my ceiling fan keep it cool (max around 85C, 60-70C avg))

Also running Windows 10 Preview editon with nvidia beta drivers

Have gotten somewhat far into the game, only thing that hurts gameplay is rain for the most part.
Post edited May 26, 2015 by comradegarry
LJChronx: What are the specs on your computer?
comradegarry: AMD 3 core overclocked to 4 cores total running at 3.33ghz each
4GB of ram
Nvidia GT 730 overclocked 175mhz on core clocked and 100mhz on the memory (it's still passive cooled too, I just leave my case open to let my ceiling fan keep it cool (max around 85C, 60-70C avg))

Have gotten somewhat far into the game, only thing that hurts gameplay is rain for the most part.
interesting. i'm never seen a recent videocard that doesn't have a fan unless it's for laptops. and your avg temp. can cook an egg. and afaik, it's inefficient to run any core higher than 3Ghz. too much heat for little increase in performance? it's the main reason intel started focusing on multi-cores instead of making each core faster.
God damn it. Already in mission 11 and 12 Thief 2, and only now I found out there are two quite easy ways to destroy those "mechs" (and other costlier ways). Oh how much I've tried to avoid them before, when all this time I could have just destroyed them. Earlier I thought mines and fire arrows are the only ways to achieve that, and those things cost too much money.

(Yeah and then there is the way to trick the big mech to destroy itself, but that is too much hassle.)

EDIT: Removed the two ways to destroy mechs, in case someone considers that as a gameplay "spoiler". Try to figure them out yourself, aye? I had to read some Thief 2 FAQ to learn them.
Post edited May 26, 2015 by timppu
Simultaneously playing to various degrees:

Divine Divinity
Euro Truck Simulator 2
Wolfenstein: The New Order
Assassin's Creed: Liberation

PC Gaming is great!
Really into the Wario Land series right now...
Post edited September 21, 2017 by breegull
comradegarry: AMD 3 core overclocked to 4 cores total running at 3.33ghz each
4GB of ram

dick1982: interesting. i'm never seen a recent videocard that doesn't have a fan unless it's for laptops. and your avg temp. can cook an egg. and afaik, it's inefficient to run any core higher than 3Ghz. too much heat for little increase in performance? it's the main reason intel started focusing on multi-cores instead of making each core faster.
My cores are default clocked at 3.33ghz I just unlocked one core (amd locked some 4 cores to 3 core to keep the price down) so the heat on them ain't a problem around 30-40C avg. Also it's not the speed of the core but more or less the architecture in which the cpu is design hence why intel cpu's aren't pushing as many ghz as amd and are yet faster. I've been told anything under 90C on graphics cards is okay(it's rated for 98C on nvidias webstie), they're not like cpu's, they can take the heat better. I only overclock the gpu when playing the witcher 3, not all the time(24/7 will degrade the lifetime usage of the card but we are only talking about a couple of years less from quite a few more).
Post edited May 26, 2015 by comradegarry
Started Darksiders again after running into a gamebreaking bug a few years ago. Still fun, and I know how to avoid the bug this time.
timppu: Already in mission 11 and 12 Thief 2, and only now I found out there are two quite easy ways to destroy those "mechs" (and other costlier ways). Oh how much I've tried to avoid them before, when all this time I could have just destroyed them. Earlier I thought mines and fire arrows are the only ways to achieve that, and those things cost too much money.

(Yeah and then there is the way to trick the big mech to destroy itself, but that is too much hassle.)

EDIT: Removed the two ways to destroy mechs, in case someone considers that as a gameplay "spoiler". Try to figure them out yourself, aye? I had to read some Thief 2 FAQ to learn them.
Just to help explain the madness... one of the simplest/cheapest ways is found via a note lying around. If you missed the note, I can certainly see how its frustrating, but a nice reward for those explorers ;)

If it helps, I didn't know you could lean forward until my 3rd play through of the game. (of course, once I started doing that the game was far too easy, so I'm glad I didn't know right off the bat).

----

As for me, I'm playing Cognition. Very, very good adventure game with some minor issues that hold it back a bit. Only finished chapter 1 (25% if I understand the episodes). But can't wait to dive into chapter 2 asap.