It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

comradegarry: Played Starcraft 2 Trial Version - Feels pretty good & runs alright (for my system),don't like the DRM though.

Played Diablo 3 Trial Version - Runs really good on my system (very surprised), game really sucks compared to D2. (IMO)
I played through both of those trial versions, and had a similar takeaway. I thought SC2 had some nice little tweaks on the original, but it's worth the current asking price just to play through the single player campaign. But on a deep discount, sure, I'd be tempted.

D3 seemed like it was polished to a high sheen but with no depth or soul at all. Ran two characters through (melee + caster?) and then promptly deleted it without a second thought. I'm not trying to be mean since I have no stake in the game either way, but I'm honestly not sure I'd play the whole game through if it were F2P given a pretty steep backlog of better games I already have, plus the array of f2p games out there. Free D3 or Nox? I'd take Nox - despite its flaws, it's at least got something to it beyond production values.

Anyway, in terms of what I'm playing this week, I've been juggling PS:Torment and Tetrobot&Co, but I think I'm going to swap out T&C for Blocks that Matter. I was playing that on my work computer [to clarify, it's a laptop I own, just one i use when travelling for work] before breaking the screen, and I actually liked it quite a bit more than its successor.
Post edited April 23, 2015 by bler144
Spate

What have I done? D: Why did I buy another crummy cheapo game on Steam?

I didn't think it could be this bad, but alas, I'm 10% through the game and I've already encountered a heap of glitches. Frame rate suddenly dropping to 24 for no reason, falling through the ground, tutorial signs not displaying properly. Not to mention the awkward floaty movement. Apparently, it's 2 or so hours long, so I'll probably finish it off...but ehhhhhhh.

Also, it seems that the main character's daughter is an anime doll...
Bloodborne

I'm almost finishing the game, only missing like 4 or 5 areas (including optional), it's a good game but it does have some technical problems (the usual, framerate, graphics glitchs, loadings, etc), i feel that it's a more fast paced game and just a little bit more easy than Dark Souls, i'm not having much problems with the bosses but with some npc's that are like bosses (especially one near the end that would kill me in 2 hits).
What i do enjoy is this gamer's code when doing coop, almost everyone bow as a sign of respect and when the battle is done they show their appreciation and say goodbye but like all other games there's always a douchebag that, well, it's a douchebag. How so? Well, one of these days i went to help some random guy with the boss and the douche just stayed hidden while i had to fight *SPOILERS*3bossesatthesametime*SPOILERSOFF*.
Looking forward to playing NG+ after i finish it...

Mortal Kombat 10

Well, kind of, my friends have been letting me play using the share play (basically they're streaming the game to my console), it's a bit ruff since i'm playing at 30fps and with input lag on the controls.
Dunno, i feel like it's more of the same (mk9) and it doesn't justify the price, especially considering that it doesn't have a large number of characters and some of them are not really original (oh, it's the son/daughter of x + y with the same set of moves as them....).
I'll wait for the eventual Komplete Edition whenever gets around 20€.
Austrobogulator: Spate

I didn't think it could be this bad, but alas, I'm 10% through the game and I've already encountered a heap of glitches. Frame rate suddenly dropping to 24 for no reason, falling through the ground, tutorial signs not displaying properly. Not to mention the awkward floaty movement. Apparently, it's 2 or so hours long, so I'll probably finish it off...but ehhhhhhh.

I'm sorry that you're having issues with it, but just to offer a slightly different view, I finished Spate last year and only had one bug. I'm not saying that it has zero issues, some people with certain setups have reported similar issues as you (namely people with Nvidia graphics cards I think), just that it isn't all around bad.

In my opinion it's worth finishing, even if you just want to see some of the later levels (some are absolutely gorgeous), though I'll admit that I'm biased (I loved Spate haha).
Got around to playing Theme Park for the first time last night and I'll admit I have no idea what I'm doing! I tried doing (what I assume to be) research to unlock new rides and restaurants but couldn't (even after two years of apparently researching one specific thing) and nobody wanted to ride my rides (yes they were set up properly). The only thing making me money was the entry fee and the Mr. Frostys.

Plus there were some glitches (for example I couldn't set down the first Mr. Frosty and had to restart).

I also started playing Capitalism 2 for the first time and let's just say I'm going to have to spend the next three months reading the manual before I can actually play it since the tutorial didn't really teach how to do anything beyond the extreme basics.
Austrobogulator: Spate

NoNewTaleToTell: I'm sorry that you're having issues with it, but just to offer a slightly different view, I finished Spate last year and only had one bug. I'm not saying that it has zero issues, some people with certain setups have reported similar issues as you (namely people with Nvidia graphics cards I think), just that it isn't all around bad.

In my opinion it's worth finishing, even if you just want to see some of the later levels (some are absolutely gorgeous), though I'll admit that I'm biased (I loved Spate haha).
Yep, it seems like there's some interesting environments and I'm enjoying seeing the effects of drinking in various places. I really can't say I'm enjoying the act of playing it though.
NoNewTaleToTell: I'm sorry that you're having issues with it, but just to offer a slightly different view, I finished Spate last year and only had one bug. I'm not saying that it has zero issues, some people with certain setups have reported similar issues as you (namely people with Nvidia graphics cards I think), just that it isn't all around bad.

Austrobogulator: Yep, it seems like there's some interesting environments and I'm enjoying seeing the effects of drinking in various places. I really can't say I'm enjoying the act of playing it though.
Yeah as an actual game it can be a bit uninspired at times (pretty average platformer) and there is one section that I disliked quite a bit (you'll know it when you see it). For me I just really enjoyed the art and the story, the gameplay itself was pretty much just serviceable and a means to an end.
Fallout 3. Decided to work a bit towards the main quest and just reached a turning point in it. Man the writing keeps getting worse and that "sacrifice" was laughable. I spent all of fifteen minutes max with that person and I'm supposed to care or feel moved in any way by that? Ha!

On the upside, that virtual reality segment was decent enough, but I guess I have a soft sport for virtual reality versions of the 1950s, considering I loved Saints Row IV's use of it too. Plus hitting mutants with sledgehammers is always fun.
Wow! Skyrim rampaged in all game forum sites(included Japanese ones) recenrly!
I've installed only few unofficial patch mods(it's necessity for Bethesda games) so it's no problem for me at least so far...

Anyways, the mage quest line(so-so quality compared to other quest lines) has finished, and my LV39 adventurer finally went to Solstheim island(DragonBorn DLC).
I like Morrowind world, so I enjoyed this DLC so far.
Post edited April 25, 2015 by yoshino
The "I know what I wanna play, but I keep getting distracted by something else" game.

Some more Hyrule Warriors Adventure mode. 3/4 characters unlocked, and getting the A rank for newer weapons and map items is a nice enough time waster. Also starting Ori and the Blind Forest.
Post edited April 25, 2015 by RayRay13000
yoshino: Wow! Skyrim rampaged in all game forum sites(included Japanese ones) recenrly!
I've installed only few unofficial patch mods(it's necessity for Bethesda games) so it's no problem for me at least so far...

Anyways, the mage quest line(so-so quality compared to other quest lines) has finished, and my LV39 adventurer finally went to Solstheim island(DragonBorn DLC).
I like Morrowind world, so I enjoyed this DLC so far.
Dragonborn is great, I enjoyed its main quest much more than the main quest(s) of the main game and Dawnguard. Plus Solstheim is beautiful and very fun to explore. Watch out for the werebears!
Nobody has ever finished Divinity II because it goes on a roguelike endless loop randomly generating new dungeons!
And that's the truth!
:)
Dammit. I just can't keep at it, get sidetracked with Spelunky, even PS Vita games like the new versions of Ys Origins... Then Master of Magic (Microprose not the old C64 game), Torchlight 2, Escape Goat, Europa Universalis 2, Race Driver GRID... And someone is pestering me to play Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition, supposedly a great game. But, Divinity II it must end soooon.
Fused the White Rider of the Apocalypse in Persona4

Won a new Stealth Federation spaceship in FTL

Beat the considerably difficult "33333" puzzle in Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Got defeated by Stage 51 in Catherine minigame Repunzel
Dark Souls
Delver. It got a new update that makes the dungeons more random and added some tunes, among other things, so I'm giving it another run. The levels are more varied for sure and they seem to be a bit bigger too. The core gameplay is still the same, which is not a bad thing.

Fallout 3: Broken Steel. I'm not sure what to make of this, the plot itself isn't too bad (but pretty generic) but it was pulled out of nowhere, at the very least the beginning of the DLC goes against the end of the base game (and against common sense). Quests are pretty ho hum, nothing to write home about either way.