It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Playing Fallout 1 and Fallout New Vegas(again) off and on, really like the whole series. After I beat FO1 I'm going to try and play/beat FO2 for sure.

Bought & played Postal 2 for the first time, really disliked it.

Played SanctuaryRPG: Black Edition for the first time as well, it's so-so.. couldn't get into it. :\

Oh and I'm really enjoying the new Unreal Tournament(even though my computer struggles playing it big time..)
Post edited April 19, 2015 by comradegarry
resident evil 5

hyper dimension neptunia rebirth 1

lego lotr

final fantasy 4
I'm finally getting around to giving Fallout 3 a second chance. I currently rank it among the worst games I've ever played, due to the outright terrible with no redeeming qualities writing, nonsensical events, ugly everything that looks like it was made out of mashed potatoes and a couple other Bethesda trademark issues.

So why am I giving it a second chance? Well, mostly because I'm looking for more of New Vegas without starting another game of New Vegas just yet. Who knows, maybe this time Fallout 3 will trip a invisible switch and I'll enjoy it this time. If not, at least the combat will still be decent-ish, I'll just have to avoid talking to NPCs any longer than I have to. Or at the worst I can just uninstall it again and try to forget I own it.

I would be playing more of Divine Divinity but it has developed a issue with its graphics, certain textures show up completely black. I think this is due to saving while having a menu open? Trying different saves, resetting the graphics setting etc doesn't seem to be fixing the issue so I guess I'll have to uninstall/reinstall it.
Preparing myself mentally and physically for Postal 2 Lost Paradise, by replaying Postal 2 again.
Also finishing off, Hotline Miami, before I buy Hotline Miami Wrong Number.
NoNewTaleToTell: I'm finally getting around to giving Fallout 3 a second chance. I currently rank it among the worst games I've ever played, due to the outright terrible with no redeeming qualities writing, nonsensical events, ugly everything that looks like it was made out of mashed potatoes and a couple other Bethesda trademark issues.
My thoughts exactly... add also the giant map full of nothing (because it is not empty at all, but lacking of any interesting thing) and the complete contempt thay made with the lore, other than the simply awful writing.

NoNewTaleToTell: Or at the worst I can just uninstall it again and try to forget I own it.
In the end, that's what I did, too.

Something funny: I liked a few Bethesda games (New Vegas, Dishonored). Only, they were the publishers and not the developers.
I don't want to sound like a troll or similar, but I seriously cannot understand the praise that studio keeps getting, as their games are imo subpar even when confronted with many harshly criticized AAA titles: they are dull bugfests (another thing I don't understand: Obsidian gets the -deserved- bashing, but Bethesda does not) with the most repetitve gameplay I have ever seen outside MMO games and an awful map design (basically a flat square with some mountains here and there and many "holes" to access dungeons). Speaking about open world games, despite being a lot less famous and with a thin budget Piranha Bytes beat them on every possible aspect.
Post edited April 21, 2015 by Enebias
Replaying through the witcher saga, this time around with MY choices, not Geralt's or the good old man writer's... Geralt is getting all mutagens, full levelling, ALL monsters killed, everyone guilty (or assumed guilty) deadened for punishment... And in 2 it is an HONOR for anything to drop dead by the dark set unique sword! Geralt can be quite the avenger and murderer.

I am trying to decide whether to purchase 3 or not and if yes when, now that i upgraded to 64 bit, but this is going to be a VERY tough choice. Was really pissed from the PR and the marketing stunt of this, even more than the initial DRM of 2...
Post edited April 21, 2015 by KiNgBrAdLeY7
Enebias: My thoughts exactly... add also the giant map full of nothing (because it is not empty at all, but lacking of any interesting thing) and the complete contempt thay made with the lore, other than the simply awful writing.

In the end, that's what I did, too.

Something funny: I liked a few Bethesda games (New Vegas, Dishonored). Only, they were the publishers and not the developers.
I don't want to sound like a troll or similar, but I seriously cannot understand the praise that studio keeps getting, as their games are imo subpar even when confronted with many harshly criticized AAA titles: they are dull bugfests (another thing I don't understand: Obsidian gets the -deserved- bashing, but Bethesda does not) with the most repetitve gameplay I have ever seen outside MMO games and an awful map design (basically a flat square with some mountains here and there and many "holes" to access dungeons). Speaking about open world games, despite being a lot less famous and with a thin budget Piranha Bytes beat them on every possible aspect.
well thats simple to be honest
they are so easy to mod

and there are thousands and thousands of mods
from simple armor mods
to complete and utter overhauls

and thats what makes the so popular
snowkatt: well thats simple to be honest
they are so easy to mod

and there are thousands and thousands of mods
from simple armor mods
to complete and utter overhauls

and thats what makes the so popular
Ok, I get this, but... even if a game is great to mod, that does not mean it is good.
It may become even the greatest game of all time with the new content, yet at that point how much of it could be considered as Bethesda's merit and how much a very skilled fan's work?
Imo, at that point I wouldn't see it in a much different light than a good and easy-to-use graphic engine like Unity.

I was mostly talking about vanilla games: they still get a lot of praise (especially considering the "unmoddable" console versions), and I seriously don't understand why.
I'm not saying since I don't enjoy them (or better, since I think they are quite awful at everything they do except for moddability) others cannot find them good, far from it... yet I would like to be able to grasp the secret to have fun with them, something that for me still remains well hidden.
Post edited April 21, 2015 by Enebias
^for me it is the mods

but when i played oblivion for the first time on the 360 in 2007 it was all about the vastness of the world
and the freedom
you mean i can do that ?
i can go there ? .....cool

i acidentially killed a watchman and stole his horse and that landed me in the dark brotherhood and all that was by pure accident
and thats what thrills people about betheseda games
its a vast open world and who knows whats waiting there for you and multiple ways of achieving results

course nowadays thats kinda sorta par de course
but back in 2007 it blew my teeny tiny feline mind

and mods make it all so much better
Finally the main quest line in Skyrim for the 2nd playing was finished!
Also CivilWar(I picked the empire side,because in the first play I picked the rebellion side), Champion, Thief, DarkBrotherfood(My favorite) and Dawnguard(DLC) were completed too.

Right now,I'm playing other small quests and the mage quest line. After that, I'll play DragonBorn DLC.
Skyrim is very good game. I realized again.
Post edited April 22, 2015 by yoshino
NoNewTaleToTell: I'm finally getting around to giving Fallout 3 a second chance. I currently rank it among the worst games I've ever played, due to the outright terrible with no redeeming qualities writing, nonsensical events, ugly everything that looks like it was made out of mashed potatoes and a couple other Bethesda trademark issues.
Enebias: My thoughts exactly... add also the giant map full of nothing (because it is not empty at all, but lacking of any interesting thing) and the complete contempt thay made with the lore, other than the simply awful writing.

NoNewTaleToTell: Or at the worst I can just uninstall it again and try to forget I own it.
Enebias: In the end, that's what I did, too.

I'm in agreement with pretty much everything you said. I have enjoyed some of their own creations (namely Skyrim, especially heavily modded) but I don't quite get the praise, and I REALLY don't get reviewers tendencies to overlook the flaws of Bethesda's games. It just seems to be that Bethesda constantly gets free passes that aren't afforded to other studios.

Anyway, I've sunk a few more hours into Fallout 3 and have mostly been enjoying it in a "turn off your brain and whack things with sticks" kind of way. The dialogue is just as terrible as I remember, and a lot of in-world things don't make sense (or are stupid). Like the vampire cannibals and the "kid" who sounds older than 99% of the adults. Or the town of cast outs (all presumed to be around the ages of 16-25) who've managed to survive on their own against slavers, raiders and super mutants. Not to mention the more well known inconsistencies.

Another thing I find odd is that the wildlife is much tougher than the humanoid enemies and the super mutants are ridiculously easy to beat. I'm playing on normal difficulty and my melee is already up to level 100 and my Small Guns is around 32, yet I managed to take down roomfuls of super mutants using the 10mm pistol while taking little damage. I've also taken on five plus raiders at once while using melee and managed to only lose a quarter of my health, yet mole rats take nearly ten percent of my health per bite.

At this point of time I'm purposely avoiding quests (I've done maybe four or five) and am just exploring and hitting stuff with sticks (or hammers). Overall I'm having a lot more fun than I did in my first go round but that's not saying much, especially considering I'm having to avoid (what should have been) the meat and potatoes of the game to enjoy it.
Warcraft II (the Beyond the Dark Portal expansion Orc's campaign, currently)

Also revisiting Disciples: Sacred Lands to try some of the quest maps I hadn't played previously.
Played Starcraft 2 Trial Version - Feels pretty good & runs alright (for my system),don't like the DRM though.

Played Diablo 3 Trial Version - Runs really good on my system (very surprised), game really sucks compared to D2. (IMO)

Testing out the old Unreal Tournament games ('99 & 2k4) - Don't enjoy them as much as I remember.

Playing Diablo 2 over again - So much better than 3..

Maybe going to try and beat Vampires the Masquerade Bloodlines soon or System Shock 2..
On a big time Old C&C binge.
Heroes of the Storm, Hearthstone abd Need for Peed HP (2010)