It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Bibora: Just recently finished Mass Effect (the first) and started playing the second one. My god what huge jump it was from 1st to 2nd. And to think i was missing this!
Really?

Graphically of course there is no comparison. it felt so weird going from ME2 back to ME1 (i beat ME2 and immediately started my abandoned months before second playthrough of ME1)

but as a game? ME2 feels... disjointed. there is no real flow to wtf you are doing. Sure. Most missions are great but it feels a bit like Beths games. You jump from one fun thing to another. there is no progress, no continuation.
except one thing which i won't tell you as it will be a spoiler.

but i did enjoy ME1 more than I did ME2.
I do like ME2 a lot just not as much as ME1
I think I've been able to dig up one of the strangest games ever.

Let me explain how it starts:
You fly around in a blimp, when suddenly some naked balds dwarfs are starting to launch themselves as firework towards you, and explode in "fun". Unfortunately they make your blimp crash.
So you land on a strange island, where there are more naked bald dwarfs running around, and the gods tell you that they need a plumber and the cargo that you were supposed to deliver, but of course the cargo is currently sinking, and they won't sell you a sail until you have extracted more "fun" out of the naked bald dwarfs. So you run around and kick the dwarfs, until they all have exploded, and then dump metal into a swirling thing in the water, to make a volcano erupt, which will throw out all the naked bald dwarfs you have previously made explode, so that you can kick them again. As soon as you have bought a sail from the gods and gathered enough cargo, the gods tell you that the naked bald dwarfs have found a turbine which they throw themselves into, and which kills them (permanently), so now you need to build a motor boat to get to the turbine, in order to kick the dwarfs away from it.
But some of the dwarfs have built a ship/balloon which sinks, so now you need to attach a ring buoy to your motorboat, which in turn will let you save the naked bald dwarfs from drowning. The dwarfs enjoy going fast, so as long as you control the boat, they will hold on to the ring buoy, in a long naked bald dwarf chain, and this is also how you lure them away from the turbine. And by going fast, the dwarfs have fun, which will allow you to call down a glacier from the sky, filled with evil penguins who like to squash naked bald dwarfs. So now I need to stop the penguins. And that was the first level of Cargo: Quest for Gravity.
I've been playing Dungeons of Dredmor a lot. I enjoyed it initially, but only put a few hours in. Since the latest expansion I've put in probably eight/ten hours over the last two weeks.

I roll up a random character, then go to a name randomizer and make a random name that fits. I got the furthest with Avi Lawcastle; necromantic pyromancer. She got luck screwed in the end though, as all characters seem to.
Goatbrush: Really? I played the first Mass Effect game and it was fun but I wasn't hugely impressed so I've been slacking on the rest of the series. I may check #2 out.
Bibora: Same deal with me. First one was a good game, but i had some friends were saying it was great. While it was a good game, comparing it to second, at least for me, i feel the game greatly improves.
I find this interesting. I wouldn't say Mass Effect 1 was a great game, I had a lot of fun playing it. But I just recently uninstalled Mass Effect 2 without finishing it.

To me, they took what was a RPG with shooter mechanics and turned it into a shooter with RPG mechanics. Took out skills, took out choices, took out the need to specialize the characters (Shepard can do everything himself), and made it feel really shallow.

I got tired of it about 17 hours in, where as I played ME1 way back on my 360 twice.
Post edited June 19, 2012 by Hawk52
I just finished Syberia and I loved it. Probably #2 on my list of adventure games, after The Longest Journey. It's close though.

I was going to play a few games in between Syberia and Syberia 2, but I don't think I can wait now. Hopefully the sequel is just as good.
Driver: San Francisco (from the recent Steam deal)

Diablo 3

L.A. Noire (on PS3)

Max Payne 3

Battlefield 3
Rage, The Binding of Isaac on the PC, Everybody's Golf and Wipeout 2048 on the PS Vita, and am still hacking away at Eternal Sonata. The game is taking a very apocalyptic tone though, which by JRPG conventions generally means that the story is gradually coming to a close.
Currently playing
Metroid Prime 2 (WII)
Metroid (Famicom)
Alan Wake (DLC's) - PC
Donkey Kong 64 (N64)
Bibora: Just recently finished Mass Effect (the first) and started playing the second one. My god what huge jump it was from 1st to 2nd. And to think i was missing this!
lukaszthegreat: Really?

Graphically of course there is no comparison. it felt so weird going from ME2 back to ME1 (i beat ME2 and immediately started my abandoned months before second playthrough of ME1)

but as a game? ME2 feels... disjointed. there is no real flow to wtf you are doing. Sure. Most missions are great but it feels a bit like Beths games. You jump from one fun thing to another. there is no progress, no continuation.
except one thing which i won't tell you as it will be a spoiler.

but i did enjoy ME1 more than I did ME2.
I do like ME2 a lot just not as much as ME1
Well for me was the opposite, well at least so far, game just feels more complete to me. ME1 was great story wise but the rest i felt it was a bit blank. Action seems more consistent to me on the second one. Or maybe it's because I'm playing a sniper while on first i was an adept. But for me I'm enjoying the second one much more.
Right now I am playing F.E.A.R. 1
Splinter Cell - Just finishing up the bonus levels right now. I find some of the stealth workings totally illogical. Also: shoot that camera! No one's ever going to be the wiser. Right. Deus Ex had a similar wonky system. That aside, it's better than I expected it to be.

Looks like I'll start tackling Resonance tomorrow then. My weekend is full of gaming goodness (yup, my weekend is on Tue/Wed).
Psychonauts and Super Meat Boy
Recently I started playing Assassins Creed and To the Moon.

My PC is a good PC, so Assassins Creed is with all effects, but To the Moon only require a Pentium II for play. ;)

Note: The music of the game To the Moon is EPIC AWESOME.
Myst and Battlefield 3. Yay \o/

Anyway, I totally approve what lukaszthegreat says about ME1.
Diablo 3, but I think I'm going to put and end to playing it. Really tired of grinding Inferno in D3 and never getting anything worth using or selling, but mainly because my friends never play it anymore.
Dungeon Keeper + Deeper Dungeons. Mission 11 is killing me. :(

Whenever I need a break from it, I complete some sidequests in Baldur's Gate.

Maybe I should try to complete Gorky 17 at some point, it's been on hold for now.

I am thinking of installing KKND 2 Krossfire, but I don't like the sound of this (ie. it is probably infuriatingly hard RTS, as they "accidentally" made at least this mission far too hard):

http://melbournehouse.kknd2.com/walkthru.html