It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

NoNewTaleToTell: Risen. If I had to complain about one thing in Risen, it's that the game is extremely stingy with mana potions.
Enebias: True. That's actually very common in all Piranha Bytes' games: mana potions are always way, waaaay less than health ones.
That's why having at least a level in alchemy and picking up *every* plant you can find is very helpful, especially in the earlier sections! :)
I cannot say I don't understand this choice, though: mages are usually much more powerful than the other classes, so some limitation is needed.
Yeah you're right on all points. I've got alchemy up to its max and I've been picking up every single plant I can haha, I just haven't had time to make (or buy for that matter) any mana potions since I'm in a new area and haven't found its teleport stone. As far as finding mana potions, I've probably found less than thirty overall and I've explored most of the map (including cave systems), looted every downed enemy and opened everything that wasn't locked. Luckily you're never too far from a bed, there is almost always one within a minute or two's walk.

I've played a bit of Edna & Harvey: The Breakout for the first time in months, I remember most of the story but I'm in a area that just isn't very fun. For those that have played, I'm referring to Laundry Level 2, and the area before it (the journey to be able to use the laundry system). I enjoyed the earlier parts of the game and I'm still enjoying the dialogue and humor but that is about it.
Post edited January 26, 2015 by NoNewTaleToTell
I've been playing Grand Theft Auto IV lately. I started playing it a while back and got distracted a short ways into it, so I started a new game a couple of weeks ago. I'm enjoying it more than the first time around, but I still feel that the story just isn't very interesting, which is a problem because the game makes you go through some pretty lengthy cut-scenes whenever you start a new mission. Also, the radio stations mostly suck and, although it's interesting that they stuck all these mini-games and side activities in the world, most of them aren't actually very fun so I just ignore them unless the mission/social outing demands I go bowling or whatever.
Defender's Quest. Beautiful, funny and addictive tower defense with RPG elements :)
Finished Dark Forces last Friday. Very fun game although the last boss fight was quite anti-climatic. That's what happens when I save up a shit-ton of ammo for the big guns. Haven't played much of anything until today because...

...I was waiting to blast even more stormtroopers in Jedi Knight. Tried some hardware workarounds which weren't particularly to my liking so I just decided to stick to software-only mode, which is fine because it's still a very fun game, and not at all bad looking either.

I'll probably be tackling Grim Fandango after finishing with JK and its expansion.
Gundemonium Recollection. I've made it to the fifth and final level, which is just a boss fight...a ten stage boss fight. I've made it to the seventh stage on my most successful attempt (out of about five tries so far), it actually seems easier than the fourth level was, which isn't surprising since level four spammed you with bosses. Overall I'm really enjoying this game and am looking forward to finishing it and moving on to its sequels.
Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (horribly addictive, but slightly too luck based; of course, lucking into an insane combination that makes you invincible is super fun, so maybe that's a "problem" that can't be fixed without removing something vital from the game), except that my stupid Vita charger broke (stupid proprietary chargers...), so actually I'm not until I can get a new one. The other games I was playing, Dokuro (good puzzle-platformer where you guide a lemming-esque princess through various hazzards) and Swapper (excellent puzzle game backed up with strong writing ) are also on the Vita, this has put a significant hitch in my gaming.

But I think I'll restart Cat Lady soon. I played it for a bit and liked it, then decided I should play Downfall first, then was so unimpressed with Downfall's ending that I didn't feel like picking Cat Lady back up.
Resident evil HD/Remaster - You can read my opinion here.

Arx Fatalis - Ufffff... i really want to enjoy the game (especially since it was a gift from a nice gogger) but the combat system is a clunky mess, it's hard to hit the enemies, the weapons break way too soon, the stealth system doesnt work, there's no magic spells early (the first spell only lights torches and fireplaces.... SERIOUSLY?). I hope that the game gets better in the next hours, it would be really nice if they gave more runes since the gimmick of the game is drawing the signs to make spells...
Risen. I'm currently clearing the map in pursuit of one final crystal disc, there isn't much map left for me to clear though. Knowing how Piranha Bytes likes their hidden nooks and crannies, there is a good chance I've walked past the grave I need haha. I've got 48 Learning Points and am really close to leveling up again, so I'm close to making my final build. Not bad for being in Chapter 2 out of 4.

...and I've just made it to Chapter 3 of Risen.
Post edited January 30, 2015 by NoNewTaleToTell
Even more Risen. I'm officially in the fourth and final chapter of the game. Chapter 3 was short (about 2 hours long) and sweet, really quite fun and as a mage it makes you use all of the abilities you've learned. It seems there is a good chance that I'll finish the game today or tomorrow, not sure how I feel about that to be honest.
Life Is Strange

Good game so far, especially if you've ever wondered what it would be like to time travel short amounts of time and see alternate routes and what if's. Plays a bit like TellTale's Walking Dead, but in my opinion, much more interesting storyline. So far I'm getting the "Illusion of Choice" feeling, but a 2nd playthrough will reveal if it's so or not.
Resident evil 1
Try to Get Divine Divinity Working Properly on My System. It's pretty slow so far. I've gotten to the part where I'm looking through posts in the GOG forum, so I guess I'm still in the first chapter. Not sure whether I'll finish this one or just drop it and move right along to the better-known sequel, Actually Playing Divine Divinity Regardless of Any Slowness Or Audio Bugs.

I've also been playing NetHack on and off again recently. Good times.
Post edited January 31, 2015 by HunchBluntley
colin mcrae rally 04
batman arkham origins
double dragon trilogy
and a few others
Magic 2015, much fun. I feel it's gotten so much undue criticism, but then again I went in with 0 expectations. It's not pay-to-win, like many reviews will have you think; you can unlock all the game decks eventually via the "explore" option in each world node. But honestly, by the time you unlock those decks, you will feel like the decks you can make yourself at that point are much better. I think I've around 60% of the cards available in the game, and I have 2 worlds left, including the expansion (which is not so expansive, sadly).

Overall, fun, not awful, but could be better. I still wish they'd do something using their world+lore and gameplay like that in Heroes of Annihilated Empires.
Recently played Mount and Blade (again) and Just got myself The Banner Saga from friend of mine,This game just beautiful :]