It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

HuniePop

I played around 3 hours so far and i'm enjoying the game. Nice mix of dating sim and puzzle game.
Dragon Age 2 chapter 1...

BUT

I have to say, different to the first part it doesn't feel the same.

Everything is guided, it feels like you [sh|c]ould speedrun Kirkwall altogether. It is possible to beam or teleport from one fight to the next and every fight is a quest. Maybe a quest/min ratio exists?

There is little depths and if you stumble upon a codex entry and read it, you already feel like you are wasting time, because it is absolute not relevant to know anything about the background.
All you need to know is glowing stuff needs to be clicked at and in the conversations you go for a symbol of your choice, no need to read your own answers. You cannot fail in conversations or lack knowledge, this is auto filled in.

Oh and if you gain a level, you hit the auto-level-up button, all the tactics are well filled in. In the actual fight, you can continue to read your book and hit the 'R' key, which will make your character attack and kill the next enemy.
Post edited January 23, 2015 by disi
Cahors Sunset. I made it all the way to age 74 with Mr. Puget before his uncontrollable spending (and awful luck in his last few months) finally did him in. Great game, I highly recommend it, especially if you like the old game Alter Ego.
disi: Dragon Age 2
Everything is guided, it feels like you [sh|c]ould speedrun Kirkwall altogether.
Actually... I did! For real, I'm not joking.
I found the game so lacking in content that I tried to complete it (with the largest possible amount of side quests -if you can call a couple of fights and item fetch assignments "side quests", that is) in the minimum possible time.
I think I scored less than 7 hours, probably closer to 6, but unfortunately I lost the data! :P

By the way, I agree with everything you said. Prepare yourself, though... the worst has yet to come!

P.S. Nice avatar! :)
eXceed - Gun Bullet Children. Just gave this one my first earnest attempt to see if it's worth going through the hoops to get the FPS fix working and I do think it is. The patterns and bullet hell-ness and overall difficulty (on lower settings) are all pretty good (if a bit easy). The graphics are really basic (especially the background/map, each map graphically consists of one image that scrolls downward as you progress, for example apparently you fight on the world's longest bridge in one level and over the world's largest prefab uniform neighborhood in another. The hitbox is rather forgiving but sometimes that is actually needed. Musically it's pretty decent.

I have no idea what the story is because it's written entirely in Japanese with Japanese voice acting and I speak very little Japanese. I've decided that the story consists of the blonde haired girl with long pigtails (one of three playable characters) is going around asking random goons and their bosses if she looks like Sailor Moon, if they say no then they get a face full of lead. The angel/ghost ally is blonde haired girl with long pigtails' (who is known from here on as BHGWLP) friend who tries to talk sense into her but helps her in battle. Below a snippet of the story...

BHGWLP (to random robot(s): Hey robot guy, do I look like Sailor Moon to you?!
Random robot: I don't know, isn't that anime?...I don't really watch anime...
Ally Angel/Ghost: BHGWLP PLEASE don't start anothe-
BHGWLP: That wasn't a yes robot, prepare to meet your doom!
(Level starts)

I'm pretty sure my story is better than the actual one...
I'm currently on Tropico 3 + Counter Strike: Global Offensive combo.
About to finish the first mission of Tropico 3 campaign. It's very similar to the first Tropico so I feel like fish in the water while playing it (won my first election with 93% of votes).
As for CS:GO, I'm really positively surprised with it. I'm not much of a player but that doesn't stop me from having fun. Arms Race is my favorite mode but I also play Casual and Competitive matches.
Hard Reset
I've just started KOTOR II now it's here on GOG :)
Chaser. I just played my first few minutes of it and only have one thing to say so far: Holy heck those enemy soldiers in the intro video were useless, even by "useless enough to let the hero escape" standards. Easily the most incompetent enemies I've ever seen in a game, by far.
I got 3 games going right now

Witcher 1

Mount and Blade Warband

Rainbow 6 Vegas 2
menganogog: I've just started KOTOR II now it's here on GOG :)
A great game, I play it all the way through 3 times and might pick it up again.
Post edited January 25, 2015 by Barnell
Brütal Legend... I've started it because of the whole 70's-80's rock atmosphere but it's really very polished gameplay /story wise too, also there are some funny dialogue and really epic moments in the game. Soundtrack is great if you like that kind of a music (Everything from Black Sabbath to Def Leppard and in between). My only problem with it is that it's not the best console port and my computer is quite old so it's tends to be laggy sometimes.
Disciples: Sacred Lands Gold
Barnell: I got 3 games going right now

Witcher 1

Mount and Blade Warband

Rainbow 6 Vegas 2
menganogog: I've just started KOTOR II now it's here on GOG :)
Barnell: A great game, I play it all the way through 3 times and might pick it up again.
Yes. I'm enjoying it too much. Maybe it has some annoying bugs, but with mods it's actually a great game. I'm seeing you are right now with The Witcher, one of my favourite modern rpg.
Risen. If I had to complain about one thing in Risen, it's that the game is extremely stingy with mana potions. If you've spent most of your Learning Points building a mage then be prepared to run back and forth between the nearest bed and whatever location you're clearing, because you'll have to sleep to regenerate mana extremely often due to the game's unwillingness to drop mana potions. On the other hand it drops health potions at an unbelievable rate (especially when fighting skeletons), I've accumulated well over a hundred health potions so far.
NoNewTaleToTell: Risen. If I had to complain about one thing in Risen, it's that the game is extremely stingy with mana potions.
True. That's actually very common in all Piranha Bytes' games: mana potions are always way, waaaay less than health ones.
That's why having at least a level in alchemy and picking up *every* plant you can find is very helpful, especially in the earlier sections! :)
I cannot say I don't understand this choice, though: mages are usually much more powerful than the other classes, so some limitation is needed.