It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

NoNewTaleToTell: Skyrim. I've put many, many hours into my current character (I'm up to level 27) and am just now getting into my first "major" questline (Dawnguard) with this character. I've also just started fast traveling again, I don't plan on making it a habit but I'm not going to constantly walk back and forth from Riften to the other side of Skyrim back to Riften like a ping pong ball. I'm also thinking of digging into the Creation Kit to see if I can disable wolves/bears/sabre cats as I'm tired of them spawning every fifteen seconds.
A Skyrim... a real timesink.
If you want to roleplayit, I think it's okay to to use the in-built quicktravel option (carts). I used the scenic carts mod, where you can (if you wish) can actually experience the voyage (with the option to get off anytime). It also has the feature of having a schedule for the smaller settlments. Most of the time there will be a cart waiting in the morning to take you to the nearest larger settlement. If you need to travel greater distances, you will need to switch carts there. Whiterun is like the central hub.
I used the "cheating" quicktravel only to move stiff between my different homes (it becomes really tedious otherwise, especially with Hearthfire). On the other hand, I'm a professed hiking simulator fan :-)
Finished M&M VIII and started Paper Sorcerer.
Monster Bash.
I'm at the end of Super Panda Adventures. If you just look at the store page, it probably looks like one of fifty million perfectly interchangable "old-school platformers," but actually it's a pretty great Metroidvania. The last boss, though. In the Steam forums, the developer tries to play the "this game is just harcore" card, but that isn't a magic formula to get you out of balancing your games. In particular, I strongly suspect that it's impossible to avoid some of his attacks, meaning that you need to block them with your shield. But I never bothered to upgrade any of my shield skills, because it was never necessary before*. I'll keep trying for a while, but this may end up having to be copy&pasted into the "games abandoned" thread.

* Coincidentally, I recently posted in the "Does anyone actually like boss fights" thread. One of my comments? That bosses shouldn't be designed to screw over previously workable builds.

edit: Haha, literally twenty minutes after my "this is too hard" post, I beat the game. There was an element of luck involved--you do massive damage by reflecting one attack back at it, and other attacks are easier or harder to avoid, so you really need him to use the right attacks and avoid others--but when I finally did beat him, it wasn't even especially close.
Post edited October 25, 2014 by BadDecissions
NoNewTaleToTell: Skyrim. I've put many, many hours into my current character (I'm up to level 27) and am just now getting into my first "major" questline (Dawnguard) with this character. I've also just started fast traveling again, I don't plan on making it a habit but I'm not going to constantly walk back and forth from Riften to the other side of Skyrim back to Riften like a ping pong ball. I'm also thinking of digging into the Creation Kit to see if I can disable wolves/bears/sabre cats as I'm tired of them spawning every fifteen seconds.
toxicTom: A Skyrim... a real timesink.
If you want to roleplayit, I think it's okay to to use the in-built quicktravel option (carts). I used the scenic carts mod, where you can (if you wish) can actually experience the voyage (with the option to get off anytime). It also has the feature of having a schedule for the smaller settlments. Most of the time there will be a cart waiting in the morning to take you to the nearest larger settlement. If you need to travel greater distances, you will need to switch carts there. Whiterun is like the central hub.
I used the "cheating" quicktravel only to move stiff between my different homes (it becomes really tedious otherwise, especially with Hearthfire). On the other hand, I'm a professed hiking simulator fan :-)
I had forgotten about the Scenic Carts mod, I was going to try it a while back but heard a lot of people say it's really buggy, did you have any issues with it? I used to fast travel all the time when I was interested in questing but a couple of characters ago I decided "most of the quests are terrible, just explore the world" and since then I've mostly walked/rode everywhere, however Dawnguard sends you all the way across the map constantly so I don't feel the least bit ashamed about fast traveling during that quest line.

Speaking of Dawnguard, man I'm ready to be finished with it. I've already completed once (as a vampire) and I'm nearly done with a Dawnguard playthrough. The new landmasses are really interesting with perhaps the most likeable art direction(s) in the game, but geez the questline is really obviously padded and there are mile wide plot holes everywhere. I wouldn't mind that so much if you weren't stuck with the most annoying (save for Barbas) follower in the game and if they hadn't made a mockery out of one of the better (non-joinable) factions in the game.

Despite all of that whining, I'm actually enjoying the game (for what it is, an action hiking simulator), granted it's extremely modded and I'm outright skipping most of the dialogue haha.
NoNewTaleToTell: I had forgotten about the Scenic Carts mod, I was going to try it a while back but heard a lot of people say it's really buggy, did you have any issues with it?
Nothing too serious. There were a few updates while I was playing that fixed some problems. Things I came across:

- Cart getting stuck on narrow paths. No real problem - just talk to the driver to "take a nap" and quicktravel. This was fixed in one of the updates.

- Carts "stacking" (crashing into the waiting one at arrival and sometimes ending up in a funny heap). Looks funny, but is harmless.

- Abandoned carts appearing and never going away, especially in Ivarstead. This is supposedly fixed in one of the updates, but had to delete the ghost carts with help of the console myself.
Playing To the Moon right now. This game has a pretty nice soundtrack.
Styx and wanna get back to Metro Redux
Wizardry 6.
The beginning of this game was extremely difficult.
Made my adventures level 3-4, at last I can advance in the castle.
Dragon Age:Origins
NoNewTaleToTell: I had forgotten about the Scenic Carts mod, I was going to try it a while back but heard a lot of people say it's really buggy, did you have any issues with it?
toxicTom: Nothing too serious. There were a few updates while I was playing that fixed some problems. Things I came across:

- Cart getting stuck on narrow paths. No real problem - just talk to the driver to "take a nap" and quicktravel. This was fixed in one of the updates.

- Carts "stacking" (crashing into the waiting one at arrival and sometimes ending up in a funny heap). Looks funny, but is harmless.

- Abandoned carts appearing and never going away, especially in Ivarstead. This is supposedly fixed in one of the updates, but had to delete the ghost carts with help of the console myself.
Thanks for that info, I'll look into trying that mod! For now I finished the Dawnguard (main) quest earlier tonight and I'm Skyrim-ed out for the foreseeable future.

In other news I'm currently trying to decide whether I want to play the Gothic series or the Divinity series all the way through in the near future, I really like both but I'm not really interested in playing them side by side.

Either way Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut and Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy are my go to games of the day.
NoNewTaleToTell: Thanks for that info, I'll look into trying that mod!
YMMV. If you already play heavily modded of course there can be unforeseen interferences and glitches.
Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive

Day 3. Tex has the foot in mouth syndrome when it comes to Chelsea. :P
Death Rally! Since I found out it is free, I will finish it again!!!
Having a good time with Aarklash Legacy, though I'm stuck on the Hydra boss atm.