It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

After flitting from one game to another, I've more or less settled in on Risen 2. I know it has a bad reputation among some Gothic fans, which doesn't mean much to me, since I've never played Gothic for any length of time. I did play Risen 1, although I don't have any very clear memories of it. There were factions, and I sided with someone against someone else, and then the end-game was kind of dull and didn't really reflect your choices so far? I'm still only a few hours into Risen 2, having just left the first island.

1. I find the combat dull, irritating, and frustrating.
2. You can pick fights with everyone and suffer no consequences; the people you randomly beat up will sulk for a day, then get over it. Cue beating up every random person I meet for glory. Also, one time when I really needed a bed but someone was inconsiderately sleeping in it, dragging that person our of bed, repeatedly stabbing him, and lying down for a good night's sleep while he lay on the floor nearby, groaning. He got over it.
3. Goddamn it, I'm going to be scrounging gold for hours before I can learn lock-picking.
4. I cannot hit jack squat with my damn pistol
5. Some of the dialog is fairly amusing

I'm also still idly playing Recettear in endless mode; at least I'd like to beat Griff and find out what's up with that tower.
Post edited September 15, 2014 by BadDecissions
Hotline Miami, man...it's like playing the video game version of Drive, which is a good thing.
I'm playing Bloodrayne right now. It's a very silly game. I guess you could say it's the gaming equivalent of an exploitation movie - hot vampire chick slaughters Nazis in a story that's like a Z-grade Indiana Jones rip-off. The designers insisted on including cut-scenes even though the writing fails on just about every level, and the dialogue is even worse because it's performed by terrible actors.

But it's fun to chop up Nazis and occasionally use them as health packs. There are some monster enemies, too, but I find that battling them gets tedious. I just want to fight the cartoon Nazis all the way through.

Technically the game might not look like much nowadays, but I seem to recall that the physics on the flapping banners and curtains was a pretty neat touch in the game's original era.
Ragnarblackmane: Hotline Miami, man...it's like playing the video game version of Drive, which is a good thing.
Drive, the movie? If that is so I might have to look into it. I keep looking at it and think i'm not gonna like it (got it in a bundle).
I just spent a few minutes messing around in Gothic 3, specifically in Nordmar. When I originally "beat" Gothic 3 I had spent well over a hundred hours in it and thought I had discovered every quest and every little outpost but since I've gone back to it I'm still finding new things (and turning in quests I had forgotten about).

Some people say that Nordmar wasn't "finished" when Gothic 3 shipped and so Piranha Bytes filled it with hostile enemies to try and cover it up but even if that is true, well, that suits Nordmar perfectly. It's a cold tundra wasteland home to the Orcs, Orc Slaying Nordmarians, packs of wolves, packs of bison, sabre tooth cats, Ice Golems that can take on an entire squad of Orcs single handily, tribes of goblins, and the occasional giant troll. Compared to the more "tamed and civilized" Myrtana and Varant, Nordmar SHOULD be a hard place to survive in.
I just finished Call of Juarez, after weeks, perhaps months of in and out.. Now the same with the Witcher 2.
The First Templar.

Havent played much, but the story seems decent enough so far. Currently in some sewer system negotiating my way through a lot of really annoying traps, combat is easy but it's an enjoyable romp so far..
still ut 2004
Sleeping Dogs. I'm getting closer and closer to 100%, I just have a few lockboxes to find, a couple of races to win and however many Tran's missions are left.
Watchmen: The End Is Night demo. This is actually pretty fun (I always have doubts about licensed games), I may end up buying (or trading) for this one.
Sleeping Dogs. There is one single lockbox left to find, once I have it then I will have found all the collectables, leaving only Tran's missions and the infinite respawning missions.
I'm experimenting a bit with Unreal Tournament 2004 in single-player, getting to know how the weapons work and scouting a few maps. Many said that the bots were smart... well, they were right! I'm playing on expert: the first matches were a breeze, then I recieved a one-on-one challenge from the Black Legion and managed to win it with a 15-14 score. The-tension! The AI in that deathmatch was way better than many players I met back in my Halo days...

Actually, right now I'm about to start Wasteland 2! After 11 hours od download, it's time to create my team of rangers!
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, having a blast with it.
Inquisitor last night, until I got too buzzed to want to keep track of all the dialogue. Switched to Fate.
Just started Omikron: The Nomad Soul. The controls are pretty stiff but I really dig the atmosphere of this game so far.