It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Had been contemplating Ground Control for a while, and gave in last night.
SaraB123: You know, I think it may be due to the lack of a real feeling of direction. I mean, you get so many quests accumulated you lose your direction and feeling of engagement. Maybe I'm just too goal-oriented for those types of games, although I have played Fallout 3 through to the end at least twice. Even Gothic 3 couldn't keep me to the end (whatever that is), and I'm a huge fan of the Pirhana Bytes games. Just a litte TOO open-ended for me apparently.
R8V9F5A2: Yes, having a degree of linearity can actually be good in an RPG, it gives you a direction like you say.
I also think that a strong narrative, present throughout the game, helps keep you engaged.
Which was another thing that bothered me about Skyrim, the narrative got lost on me quite easily.
Perhaps because you accumulate so many quests all over the place.
However I thought Fallout 3 had a good narrative, the premise was interesting.
I'm not sure there IS a narrative in Skyrim - or rather there are so many narratives that they drown each other out. Still, I'll play it for a while - this playthrough I am intentionally turning down side quests (harder than one might think, as one is forced to take them very often) and concentrating on completing one multi-faceted quest at a time.
Played a bit more of Just Cause 2 and got a notification that I've played it 8 hours overall. In those 8 hours I've done the exact amount of missions it takes to be unlock the ability to free roam and not a mission more.
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, I got over 80 hours in this game and its still going.

Never End, just started it not sure if i keep it up
Barnell: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, I got over 80 hours in this game and its still going.
yeeeah, your gonna put in quite a few more. unless your rush through games :)
Barnell: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, I got over 80 hours in this game and its still going.
Crewdroog: yeeeah, your gonna put in quite a few more. unless your rush through games :)
nahh no reason to rush I'm in it for the long haul
Red Alert 2 : Yuri Revenge.

Despite I have the whole classic collection, the only two I've downloaded is Tiberian Sun and RA2. With RA2 Yuri Revenge being my favourite time killer - Specially Allied last mission.

From GOG : Magic Carpet 2 is my favourite time killer. Since you can visit any stage you have won, I think mission 18 and 22 is my favorite (if I put the number correctly).

And also JA 2 : Unfinished Business.

And also Plant vs Zombies 1. Another favorite time killer when I'm really tired from office work, and decided to only rest.
Started a new game of Skyrim, this time as a thieving, murdering Khajiit. I'm also playing with a few mods, the most notable being Skyrim Redone. I had few problems with vanilla Skyrim, but I (so far) like the changes made by the mod.

Also still playing Volgarr the Viking. I'm now able to get to the second checkpoint a bit more consistently. I even got all the way to the boss. However, after losing to him, I got a little discouraged; I moved quite slowly to get there, and the thought of going back through all that stuff right then just wasn't very appealing. I'm itching to try again, though.
Been playing Street Fighter 3: Third Strike mostly and a little bit of Skyrim. Starting a new game on Planescape: Torment since I never beat it one time. Also bought the Sega Genesis collection on 360 so that's been occupying my time for the most part. Playing through X-COM Enemy Unknown on mobile and also X-COM: UFO Defense on both PC and mobile as well. Just waiting on the new Metal Gear game to come out.
high rated
icewind dale

well trying to anyway with a pyromancer that wont mance
snowkatt: icewind dale

This is how you Mance.
snowkatt: icewind dale

Ragnarblackmane: This is how you Mance.
well my pyromancer mr hyronimus napalm the fourth wont mance fire
what kind of pyromancer is that ?

he mances fire once and then nothing
wellp Archearge was just as crap as expected so, I guess I'll check in with Landmark. Really these game should allow for private communities. Really, who wants to play with a bunch of pedantic "LOLZRANDOM' asshat strangers?
Right now, Wario Land 3. I'm four games away from clearing every Game Boy/Game Boy Color game I own, so that's gonna be pretty awesome.
Whoo hoo! Got my Blair Witch game trilogy in the mail today!

edit: that said, the controls are horribly outdated - but I haven't yet checked out the control options, so hopefully I can tweak something more intuitive.
Post edited August 25, 2014 by DieRuhe