It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

LesterKnight99: arkham asylum in a moment. 'tis a good game.
THAT was a good game. I personally prefer that over Arkham City. Still waiting to play origins.
I'm not gaming much through GOG yet, simply because right now most of the games I am playing aren't available on here.

But my top games at the moment are:

Warface
Second Life
Halo 4
Serious Sam 3

and I really wanna try Contagion :)
NoNewTaleToTell: How "closed off" is Gothic 4 compared to the "original" Gothics and/or how much does it have in common with the "original" Gothics? I tried giving the demo a try a while ago but it wouldn't even start so I took it as a sign that me and the game were not to be.
Tallima: Very different. Very closed off. Very different game. But it still rewards exploring and it has simple but fun combat.

The game is SO closed off that I jumped onto a rock that the developers did not intend me to jump onto, so it force-pushed me off the rock into the ocean where you get insta-death.

Also, you're limited in where you can go a lot. You go where they want you to go, for the most part. But there's still stuff to find while looking around.

Gothics and Risens are all far better for exploration. But the combat is simpler for Gothic 4, which makes it more fun for me.

I think it won't end up being a top RPG for me, but it's still pleasant enough to put in some time.
Thanks for the info, I'll probably give it a try if I can find a drm-free version on sale. Going just by your info and other descriptions, it sounds like it has a lot in common with Two Worlds actually, of course I could be completely wrong.
LesterKnight99: arkham asylum in a moment. 'tis a good game.
djdarko: THAT was a good game. I personally prefer that over Arkham City. Still waiting to play origins.
Me too. Granted, the combat was improved a lot in the second chapter, but the atmosphere is just not comparable! Arkham Asylum had much darker tones and a better characterization of the antagonists, while imo in Arkham City this was a bit watered down simply due to the sheer amount of characters that were shown. Basically, it was Batman against ALL the criminals in Gotham at the same time!
The only parts I didn't like in Asylum were the boss fights: almost all ideantical, and not that good to begin with. City did a much better job on that regard, especially with Mr.Freeze (I love Mr.Freeze)!
Post edited August 20, 2014 by Enebias
I'm currently in the second to last mission (final Death campaign mission) on the Heroes IV Winds of War expansion. I was ready to give up on the first (Spazz Maticus) campaign and even made a post about it on the "Games quitted in 2014" thread, but decided to try again and finally was successful there. This expansion has been much, much harder IMO than the vanilla game or The Gathering Storm. At times it has almost appeared impossible, but somehow I've always managed to come through eventually, either by evading the larger armies entirely or by chugging 10-50 potions of immortality in certain (key) battles.

I read online that the final campaign (=final mission) lets you choose any of the five previous heroes (Chaos, Might, Order, Nature, or Death respectively) to play the map with, and while I was originally thinking about going in with the Order hero, the Death campaign has changed my mind pretty much forcefully - Grandmaster Necromancy is/was pretty much mandatory (raise vamps after each combat) in order to have the slightest chance in this campaign, and if I'm going to go against the other heroes in the final campaign, I'm not looking forward to competing against someone who can raise 3-5 vampires after EVERY battle. I really don't like that the game "forces" you to play as Death in the final campaign - like I said, sure, I could play as any of the other heroes, but I don't see how I could have a slightest chance against the Death hero now. I also don't think the expansion has been as good as the vanilla game or TGS in any other fields, either. It requires much more micro managing and bullcrap tactics than before.
Playing Overlord this moment. Good game and quite funny too. Cons, terrible controls and camera.
djdarko: THAT was a good game. I personally prefer that over Arkham City. Still waiting to play origins.
Enebias: Me too. Granted, the combat was improved a lot in the second chapter, but the atmosphere is just not comparable! Arkham Asylum had much darker tones and a better characterization of the antagonists, while imo in Arkham City this was a bit watered down simply due to the sheer amount of characters that were shown. Basically, it was Batman against ALL the criminals in Gotham at the same time!
The only parts I didn't like in Asylum were the boss fights: almost all ideantical, and not that good to begin with. City did a much better job on that regard, especially with Mr.Freeze (I love Mr.Freeze)!
I prefer Arkham City overall but yeah Arkham Asylum is simply great and it does have a far better atmosphere. The one thing I really didn't like in Arkham Asylum was Scarecrow's levels. To me they weren't scary, the one mess up and you lose and the sudden switch to the (in my opinion) terrible controls was not very welcome. I had to restart those levels quite a few times just due to the controls. Arkham City on the other hand had a storyline (the Batman and Hugo Strange storyline) that I frankly just didn't care about and (their storyline in general) was...just a bit too over the top (even by Batman standards).

Arkham Origins is a disappointing sequel in my opinion. It features the same overall mechanics (and all of the same gear, some just has a different name) but doesn't pull any of them off as well as the previous games. Controls are very loose, countering seems depend on whether or not the computer likes you at the moment and trying to grapple can be a pain as often times you can stare right at a ledge and you'll not be allowed to grapple to it but if you move the camera one degree then you're allowed to. Storyline-wise it starts off rather...bad before finding its groove and a lot of the advertised antagonists show up for seemingly five seconds before leaving again. I've found the best part of Arkham Origins to be various villains calling out Batman on (what they perceive to be) his double standards.

I'm really looking forward to Arkham Knights, hopefully it reaches its full potential.
NoNewTaleToTell: The one thing I really didn't like in Arkham Asylum was Scarecrow's levels. To me they weren't scary, the one mess up and you lose and the sudden switch to the (in my opinion) terrible controls was not very welcome. I had to restart those levels quite a few times just due to the controls.
I liked Scarecrow's levels, but I can't argue with your criticism about the controls.
You must admit this, though...

*****SPOILERS***** read at your own risk!!!!

...that the part were -after Batman inhales the gas- the game simulates the crash and restart of the system was pure genius! :)
At first I really thought a *big* error happened, and I was *very* worried that something had gone irreparably wrong! Those trolls at Rocksteady...
Too many:
Car Mechanic Simulator 2014, Inquisitor, March of the Eagles, DTM Experience, Ship Simulator Extremes, Creeper World, Paper Sorcerer, Bionic Dues, Dragon Age, Dark Souls, MotoGP 13, F1 2013, WRC 4, MXGP, GTA 5.

I've been attempting Dark Souls for over two years now.
I've put more than 200 hrs into the game but I just can't beat Ornstein & Smough .
They seem to require a technical mastery that I simply can't reach.
I feel like I'm battling the controls more than the bosses.
R8V9F5A2: I've been attempting Dark Souls for over two years now.
I've put more than 200 hrs into the game but I just can't beat Ornstein & Smough .
I hit my nose against the final boss. For Ornstein, do you have a solar dude helping you out?
Currently playing Broken Sword 5 on my Nexus 7.
R8V9F5A2: Too many:
Car Mechanic Simulator 2014, Inquisitor, March of the Eagles, DTM Experience, Ship Simulator Extremes, Creeper World, Paper Sorcerer, Bionic Dues, Dragon Age, Dark Souls, MotoGP 13, F1 2013, WRC 4, MXGP, GTA 5.

Are you playing the game (Dark Souls) using the mouse and keyboard or an Xbox 360 controller?
R8V9F5A2: I've been attempting Dark Souls for over two years now.
realkman666: I hit my nose against the final boss. For Ornstein, do you have a solar dude helping you out?
I tried with his aid a couple of times.
For my current attempt at the game I've decided to use poison arrows on them, I saw EpicNameBro do that in one of his videos. Part of my problem is that I quickly loose patience with the game, that's half the battle for me.
R8V9F5A2: Too many:

JudasIscariot: Are you playing the game (Dark Souls) using the mouse and keyboard or an Xbox 360 controller?
With a controller, I've got the Xbox 360 version (gifted from my brother).
Is it better with a mouse and keyboard ?
Post edited August 20, 2014 by R8V9F5A2
realkman666: I hit my nose against the final boss. For Ornstein, do you have a solar dude helping you out?
R8V9F5A2: I tried with his aid a couple of times.
For my current attempt at the game I've decided to use poison arrows on them, I saw EpicNameBro do that in one of his videos. Part of my problem is that I quickly loose patience with the game, that's half the battle for me.
JudasIscariot: Are you playing the game (Dark Souls) using the mouse and keyboard or an Xbox 360 controller?
R8V9F5A2: With a controller, I've got the Xbox 360 version (gifted from my brother).
Is it better with a mouse and keyboard ?
It was better for me with the controller :) I asked because I thought maybe you were playing with a mouse + keyboard which I wouldn't recommend playing on a straight up console port like the first Dark Souls :)
Just bought Skyrim and enjoyed it until it started randomly crashing to desktop after I reached level 20 or so. Still, I restarted, trying with no auto or quick saves (a possible culprit, but I'm not sure). So, anyway, alternating between my new Skyrim character and playing the occasional game of Sid Meier's Pirates for comic relief.

Side note: I'm not sure why I keep buying the Elder Scrolls games. I've bought and played them all, but never finished any of them - I always lose interest at some point. And Skyrim, with its CTD problems, will probably also be off my hard drive soon enough.