It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ragnarblackmane: The Banner Saga, gods its gorgeous. Combat is indeed a little tedious but the story and the atmosphere more than makes up for that.
Does it have replay value? I look at it now and then, but I can't justify the price for what I've read is about twelve hours of game time.
DieRuhe: Does it have replay value? I look at it now and then, but I can't justify the price for what I've read is about twelve hours of game time.
I haven't beaten it once yet but according to what I've read, yes, because you're constantly presented with choices and depending on what you decide it changes things, sometimes dramatically and sometimes in nuanced ways.

It's been compared favorably and rightfully to King of Dragon Pass in that sense.
DieRuhe: Does it have replay value? I look at it now and then, but I can't justify the price for what I've read is about twelve hours of game time.
Ragnarblackmane: I haven't beaten it once yet but according to what I've read, yes, because you're constantly presented with choices and depending on what you decide it changes things, sometimes dramatically and sometimes in nuanced ways.

It's been compared favorably and rightfully to King of Dragon Pass in that sense.
Ok, thanks. I'll go back to "pondering" it :-)
I'm fairly new to GOG, and knew very little about PC games before I came here.

I don't enjoy combat games or those that rely on quick reflexes — mostly because I have a fair degree of myotonia, so I'm pretty crap at anything based on rapid stimulus and response.

So, the city-builders are good for me. I'm having a good time with Zeus and Pharaoh, with Caesar III and Children of the Nile in the wings (where's Emperor, GOG? Please?) and when I want something a little more popcorn, I space them out with Roller Coaster Tycoon and Space Colony HD. I chuckle at their wry humour, enjoy their art design, and at least feel I'm being a little creative in my play. ;-)
Post edited July 31, 2014 by Branais
On Going : Runaway 2, Ys1, Steins;Gate.

Will Begin : Ys2, Final Fantasy III, Divinity:OS, TitS.

Mobile : Sage Fusion 2, Rayman JungleRun

Edit:Typo
Post edited August 02, 2014 by Faith
I just played a bit of Batman: Arkham Origins. I'm just finishing up side quests (so it seems anyway) and I've finished the main storyline a while ago. In my opinion this game would have been a lot better if Anarky would have been the main antagonist or perhaps The Riddler. The interaction between Batman and those two is really well done and it's a nice change compared to the previous Arkham games.
I played Eschalon - Book I earlier today, nice RPG. It runs a bit slow on my shabby old PC so i will probably continue playing it in a few months on my next PC.

So i just started playing Avernum 1, runs fine on my PC and should keep me busy for the next week or two. :D
-Witcher 2
-FO New Vegas
- Theme Hospital
Literally right now I'm playing Crusader Kings 2. I keep pausing to check the forums though:P

Sowing dissent in a de juris province so that maybe the nobles will throw out the current leader and get one who has way less martial skill so that my army, which is outnumbered thanks to foolish vassals who won't throw their full weight behind me (because I can't yet change the laws), will roll over his defenders.

Now I do have an ally in the king of Navarre who's sitting at home with over 2,000 troops but only a fleet of about 3 boats to get them there, which simply will not work:/ And my OTHER brother-in-law the king of Norway just refuses to come to war on my behalf. Probably too busy trying to reform the last remnants of pagans to good christians.
i've been playing a bit of bioshock. friggin brilliant game.

also, would you kindly up rep my posts?
Post edited August 03, 2014 by LesterKnight99
Silverfall with the EA expansion.
Ragnarblackmane: Literally right now I'm playing Crusader Kings 2. I keep pausing to check the forums though:P

Sowing dissent in a de juris province so that maybe the nobles will throw out the current leader and get one who has way less martial skill so that my army, which is outnumbered thanks to foolish vassals who won't throw their full weight behind me (because I can't yet change the laws), will roll over his defenders.

Now I do have an ally in the king of Navarre who's sitting at home with over 2,000 troops but only a fleet of about 3 boats to get them there, which simply will not work:/ And my OTHER brother-in-law the king of Norway just refuses to come to war on my behalf. Probably too busy trying to reform the last remnants of pagans to good christians.
I'm bad about pausing and check the forums too haha. After reading your post I've gotten a bit of inspiration to finally go and play Crusader Kings Complete, I've had fun the little I've played it but I've yet to actually give it a playthrough.

I'm now playing E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy. I might actually stop doing random side quests and go do a main storyline mission...ehh we'll see.
Post edited August 03, 2014 by NoNewTaleToTell
Gave in and got Age of Empires II HD. Ahh, the memories.
I'm still playing Skyrim. I'm pretty sure I've set a personal record for longest single playthough of a game. I've finished the main quest, as well as the civil war quest line, the mage college quest line, and the Companions quest line. I'm currently working through the Dawnguard DLC, while also trying to finish up the dozen or so quests I've already started. Avoiding fast travel is time-consuming; even when I pass through an area for the twentieth time, I still come across a place I either haven't discovered yet, or I have but I haven't explored it. I'm also slowing trying to build up my own house. I haven't done a whole lot yet because getting the supplies is time-consuming (and heavy), but I hope to eventually have huge house so I can move my adopted kids there.
Daedalus1138: I'm still playing Skyrim. I'm pretty sure I've set a personal record for longest single playthough of a game. I've finished the main quest, as well as the civil war quest line, the mage college quest line, and the Companions quest line. I'm currently working through the Dawnguard DLC, while also trying to finish up the dozen or so quests I've already started. Avoiding fast travel is time-consuming; even when I pass through an area for the twentieth time, I still come across a place I either haven't discovered yet, or I have but I haven't explored it. I'm also slowing trying to build up my own house. I haven't done a whole lot yet because getting the supplies is time-consuming (and heavy), but I hope to eventually have huge house so I can move my adopted kids there.
Seems you are playing the game a little the way I did ;-).
I'm okay with fast travel if it is "in game". Like the carriages and boats in Skyrim, or the guild teleport, silt striders and boats in Morrowind. But to be honest, I used quicktravel for home/house management. Transport stuff around (building materials, inventory). I just assumed in real life I would hire somebody to transport all that stuff for me.

But you are right, even after ages of playing there's still stuff to discover - a small mountain path that you still haven't checked out, a troll's nest that you overlooked passing it a hundred times...