It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I completed Far Cry 2 yesterday (both endings, albeit there wasn't much difference between them...), so I guess I have to find something else to replace it. Hopefully not a FPS, I'm already (still) playing Wheel of Time too. And I started Sin + Wages of Sin too, not sure whether I'll stick with it though.

Overall I liked Far Cry 2. Who knows, maybe I'll replay it someday, possibly with the realism mods I keep reading about. I didn't mind the vanilla gameplay, albeit there certainly was lots of driving. Seemed realistic and challenging enough as it is. And still, thank god for save-anywhere, many times the game felt having insta-deaths when you got swarmed by enemies or you died from one hit of a rocket or mortar.

Far Cry 2 dared to try to be different from its predecessor (it is more like GTA in a jungle in FPS format), and I also liked it felt most of the development sources were used for gaming content, and not flashy stories and fluff. Even the ending was in text mode, not some 20 minute non-interactive ending video. Sometimes it had quite a lot of voice acting, but luckily it never felt it tried to be an "interactive movie" or anything like that.

Before leaving the game, I noticed there is some option for extra gaming content which is behind a password. Too bad I didn't notice them before starting the game, as googling revealed different passwords apparently open up some extra missions and stuff during the gameplay. Apparently the passwords were for some retailer-specific versions, like "this password/extra content is only for the people who bought the game from GameStop" etc.?

I'm kinda thinking I should play some strategy or RPG now, but it always feels just so much easier to pick some generic FPS game. And I'm already kinda stuck (or bored) in both genres already, namely in Rise of Nations and Baldur's Gate.
Post edited May 01, 2013 by timppu
Divine Divinity & King's Bounty: The Legend

Interesting combo. I was in the mood of something a little more mindless yesterday and DD definitely fits the bill, even if it has a little more depth than the typical action-RPG (that trading system can be a bit tedious though). I also decided to finally drag KBTL out of my backlog today as well just so I can bounce between the two - DD's combat does get a bit repetitive. First time I gave that one a real try and I'm quite enjoying it.
Post edited May 02, 2013 by mistermumbles
Recently found something completely new in Ultima Online, so that has been taking a majority of my time.

Also playing around an hour of World of Tanks every day. Just about to reach a tier 10 tank for the first time.

edit: Forgot to mention coming across the Westeros (Game of Thrones) mod for Total War: Medieval. Has been draining time for the past couple of weeks.
Post edited May 02, 2013 by Jonni
World of Tanks on a daily basis. Europa Universalis 3 Divine Wind and Empire Earth.
mistermumbles: Divine Divinity & King's Bounty: The Legend

Interesting combo. I was in the mood of something a little more mindless yesterday and DD definitely fits the bill, even if it has a little more depth than the typical action-RPG (that trading system can be a bit tedious though). I also decided to finally drag KBTL out of my backlog today as well just so I can bounce between the two - DD's combat does get a bit repetitive. First time I gave that one a real try and I'm quite enjoying it.
Ever play DD before? I dedicated the better part of a year to that game. I've got the sequal here somewhere but I haven't gotten around to it yet.
hearts of iron 3(japan), still working on Bioshock infinite(1999 mode), and once that's done will play fallout 2
acarlson412: Max Payne 3. So far I'm not liking it much compared to the first two, but I paid for it so I have to begrudgingly grind through it. ...
Lol, I know exactly how you feel. I struggle but try to keep playing MP3 for same reasons.

I finished Alpha Protocol last night. I expected some boring spy thriller with the common fetish for Russia or muslim countries. Well, I was mistaken :).
I liked moments when it was hard to read character's mind and enjoyed the game in general. Story and story-affecting dialogue were fun to unravel. Hacking was irritating at times but to be fair I should have invested into basic tech skills from the very beginning. The protagonist was kind of jerk no matter of what dialogue branch I chose which brought up good jokes sometimes but I didn't really care for him. And female characters felt like a material for dating sim, sadly. I didn't romance any of them however they kept acting like "Insert the coin for romance".

I want to take a break from games for a while but plan to finish Kotor2 as a next game.
acarlson412: Max Payne 3. So far I'm not liking it much compared to the first two, but I paid for it so I have to begrudgingly grind through it. ...
Mivas: Lol, I know exactly how you feel. I struggle but try to keep playing MP3 for same reasons.
I really wanted to like it, but it's so cumbersome, and the cut scenes every 20 seconds make it such a bore to play. Every time I feel like I'm starting to enjoy it, a cut scene happens and it ruins it, and I'm not really buying the whole "shaved head = rebirth" thing. The writing seems very poor compared to the first two, almost like it's a parody.

Anyway, after playing "study my ass off for an exam only to have the exam be completely different material," I'm now finishing Sam & Max Save the World.
I enjoyed Sam and Max Save the World, it was the first TellTale game ive played. Funny enough I'm just about finishing up on Sam and Max Beyond Time and Space.
Divinity II: Developer’s Cut. Have quite a line up of other GOG purchases and waiting for something else to pop up that I'm gonna have to get my hands on..
acarlson412: I really wanted to like it, but it's so cumbersome, and the cut scenes every 20 seconds make it such a bore to play. Every time I feel like I'm starting to enjoy it, a cut scene happens and it ruins it, and I'm not really buying the whole "shaved head = rebirth" thing. The writing seems very poor compared to the first two, almost like it's a parody.
Exactly my thoughts. I played the game a couple of hours and I start to doubt I will ever finish it. It doesn't feel like Max Payne at all. I don't understand why they wanted the IP and didn't simply create "GTA IV: Tropical Story of Max Drunkard" or something. One thing I'm sure of, though, is that I will never buy another Max Payne game from that studio.

Anyway, I think Friday is a great day for dealing with Kotor2 once and for all and try Kickstarter AR-K's demo :).
kip68: Divinity II: Developer’s Cut. Have quite a line up of other GOG purchases and waiting for something else to pop up that I'm gonna have to get my hands on..
I'm playing it too at the moment. Great game. Best RPG ever!

..well not really but it really is good and fun.
Far Cry Blood Dragon - Amazing! Love every bit of it.

Deus Ex - New playthrough as an evil bastard with the texture pack and new renderer. My second favorite game of all time, might be my first at some point... just the perfect game for me.

Got Tomb Raider in the Steam sale this weekend, will probably start it when I finish one of the above.
Dead Island Riptide, lovin the hell out of it!
kip68: Divinity II: Developer’s Cut. Have quite a line up of other GOG purchases and waiting for something else to pop up that I'm gonna have to get my hands on..
Antimateria: I'm playing it too at the moment. Great game. Best RPG ever!

..well not really but it really is good and fun.
No, not the best RPG ever, but it is definitely keeping my attention. And now I'm topping it off with Wing Commander 3 and 4! Gaming addiction is bad when you are using GOG! LOL