It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Philip Sudgen, The Complete History of Jack The Ripper.

I was also reading the wiki pages on Crusader Kings 2 but it got too difficult for me so I decided to read Martin Heidegger's Being and Time instead.
Well I have finished the Hyperion series think I'm going to go ahead and get back to The Expanse series. Book 5 has been calling me for some time now.
I'm currently reading various GOG forum threads.
Haven't yet found the book suggested above, but at the used book store we picked up about nine other titles. Currently reading "Carsick" by John Waters. He's just as weird in written word as he is on film.
HereForTheBeer: Haven't yet found the book suggested above, but at the used book store we picked up about nine other titles. Currently reading "Carsick" by John Waters. He's just as weird in written word as he is on film.
Yeah, Dhalgren is probably something you'd have to get from amazon.

I didn't even know John Waters wrote books. Interesting.
Anne Rice, Memnoch the Devil.
WhiteElk: We got "What are you Listening to?" And probably got "What are you Playing?".

So, What are you Reading?

Order in Chaos by Jack Whyte
Book three of the Templar Trilogy
Reading : PC Games Megazine
Playing tiny online games
bad_fur_day1: Anne Rice, Memnoch the Devil.
How do you like it? I've read the first 3 and enjoyed them very much especially Vampire Lestat.
bad_fur_day1: Anne Rice, Memnoch the Devil.
Nirth: How do you like it? I've read the first 3 and enjoyed them very much especially Vampire Lestat.
It's actually so good I'm reading it again. I would like to get hold of the first ones, Le'stat keeps mentioning the Body Thief. Also that Taltos one, I think it had witches in it. Have you not read Memnoch yet? The story has the most amazing scope.
HereForTheBeer: Haven't yet found the book suggested above, but at the used book store we picked up about nine other titles. Currently reading "Carsick" by John Waters. He's just as weird in written word as he is on film.
drealmer7: Yeah, Dhalgren is probably something you'd have to get from amazon
We have a nice used book store downtown so I'll keep checking back there every month or two. You never know - found a bunch of stuff I thought could only be had through ordering.

I didn't even know John Waters wrote books. Interesting.
Apparently he has at least three or four from over a 30-40 year span. I only picked this one up because I listened to an interview on NPR while driving through Iowa last summer. Funny interview, and I happened to see the book on display as I was leaving the book store a couple weekends ago. Impulse buy.

It's about his hitch-hiking trip a few years back, from Baltimore to San Francisco. True story (with some embellishment, to be sure), split into a three-parter: the best that could happen, the worst that could happen, and what actually did happen. Got through the best, halfway through the worst, and am really itching to get to the actual trip.
bad_fur_day1: It's actually so good I'm reading it again. I would like to get hold of the first ones, Le'stat keeps mentioning the Body Thief. Also that Taltos one, I think it had witches in it. Have you not read Memnoch yet? The story has the most amazing scope.
I decided to skip the rest after reading that the author entered some kind of fluffy, Christian state (hence the devil theme) and I thought that was't something I would enjoy. I plan to read the one that focuses on Armand (probably my favourite character in any fiction) and then the one with Marius. I might read the rest after those two though.
Jim Butcher's Dresden Files series (i am currently at the second volume, called Fool Moon). Loving the whole modern magic stuff and Jim Butcher's writting is actually fun.
Stephen king's "Cell". I was actually enjoying it until the infected people developed telepathic powers.
We get it, you like psychic powers but there's no need to put them in every freaking book.
Nirth: I decided to skip the rest after reading that the author entered some kind of fluffy, Christian state (hence the devil theme) and I thought that was't something I would enjoy. I plan to read the one that focuses on Armand (probably my favourite character in any fiction) and then the one with Marius. I might read the rest after those two though.
Actually I thought it's even more interesting including not just the fantastic but spirituality as well. And considering Vampires are all Atheists, mostly because Le'stat convinced them, it shakes the hell out of all of them when something actually shows up. If I had to recommend one Anne Rice novel, Memnoch would probably be first. Le'stat literally punches the devil in the face, but I won't ruin it. You shouldn't miss it, it's probably the best one, infact you should skip everything else and head straight to it.
Post edited January 28, 2016 by bad_fur_day1
Hero by Daniel R Kerns

Just a light Sci Fi pulp.

Sci Fi as opposed to Science fiction (like Foundation or Dune which have actual scientific elements and examine the human condition in a future setting in relation to technology).
Siegor: Stephen king's "Cell". I was actually enjoying it until the infected people developed telepathic powers.
We get it, you like psychic powers but there's no need to put them in every freaking book.
Yeah that happens like a lot.

I would still like to read Gunslinger though.

Hey anyone got a backlog of 10+ books or am I the only one?
Post edited February 11, 2016 by ScotchMonkey