It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Right now I'm reading William Shakespeare's Star Wars: Verily, A New Hope. After that I'll be reading The Empire Striketh Back, and The Jedi Doth Return.
Not actually reading, but just purchased from the library:

"Babylon Babies" - Maurice G. Dantec
"Mass Effect Ascension"- Drew Karpyshyn
"The Dante Club" - Matthew Pearl
"I Want To Take You Higher" - a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame picture book (basically) about the psychedelic era
ne_zavarj: ...
Upcoming :

The Complete Works of H.P. Lovecraft ( 3 books )
Out of curiosity, which three do you have lined up?
"Glitz", by Elmore Leonard.
Jonesy89: Out of curiosity, which three do you have lined up?
Excuse me , i don't understand your question . The three books contain everything that Lovecraft wrote during his life .
Monte Cook's new tabletop RPG, "The Strange". And loving it.
Jonesy89: Out of curiosity, which three do you have lined up?
ne_zavarj: Excuse me , i don't understand your question . The three books contain everything that Lovecraft wrote during his life .
I was wondering which three volumes you planned on reading, since some of Lovecraft's stories are not always encompassed on collections of his work, or if they are collected, they are versions that were edited by other writers. If you have access to all of his work, then groovy :)
sunshinecorp: Monte Cook's new tabletop RPG, "The Strange". And loving it.
Oooh, nice. Been wanting to read Cook's Numenera for a while, didn't realize he'd worked on anything else since then.
Post edited September 04, 2014 by Jonesy89
ne_zavarj: Excuse me , i don't understand your question . The three books contain everything that Lovecraft wrote during his life .
Jonesy89: I was wondering which three volumes you planned on reading, since some of Lovecraft's stories are not always encompassed on collections of his work, or if they are collected, they are versions that were edited by other writers. If you have access to all of his work, then groovy :)
sunshinecorp: Monte Cook's new tabletop RPG, "The Strange". And loving it.
Jonesy89: Oooh, nice. Been wanting to read Cook's Numenera for a while, didn't realize he'd worked on anything else since then.
Numenera is also great, I got the printed core book and have been buying everything else on PDF since then. The Strange is using the same system (Cypher) and you can of course combine the two games.
Is Clive Barker's Abarat trilogy good ?
Finally began reading the Witcher Saga.
Post edited November 16, 2020 by Nirth
Nirth: Finally began reading the Witcher Saga. :D
I need to start reading that before Witcher 3 comes out.

Currently reading The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
Besides all the old X-Men comics,
I'm reading "Mort" by Terry Pratchett.
I tried reading "Mr. Mercedes" by Stephen King... just seemed so... juvenile. Same old types of characters (or is that caricatures?), same old approaches. No thanks. And by "old" I don't mean his old stuff; that was much better. Sure, I'll buy it someday just to have it, but I doubt I'll ever read it.

I've got so many damn books I want to read! I've got ten or so on my nightstand that are in various states of completion, but I'm trying to stick with the first "Malus Darkblade" (Warhammer) trilogy when I go to bed.

edit: Ok, I was wrong. Decided to give "Mr. Mercedes" one more shot before giving up on it, and once I got past the prologue and the letter, the whole story got much better. Almost halfway through it now and enjoying it.

edit 2: after the halfway mark, it started going downhill. Boo. Overall still a disappointment.
Post edited September 19, 2014 by DieRuhe
I REALLY need to read something. I was a fairly avid reader (a book or three every few weeks - nothing crazy but more often than not) but I haven't picked up much at all in the last couple years :( Might be time to change that.
I'm about two-thirds of the way through William Gibson's Spook Country. Screwed up and read the next book, Zero History, first, so some of the details are a bit out of order.

Still good. Follows along a bit later after the story in Pattern Recognition, which I really enjoyed.