It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Iron Jackal by Chris Wooding. Retribution Falls and The Black Lung Captain were quite good.
Le Comte de Monte-Cristo, it's just so heavy.
Post edited August 27, 2014 by realkman666
ddickinson: "The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears."
Or a favourite of mine :).
"What is better than wisdom? Woman. And what is better than a good woman? Nothing."

I still have a copy of this book that my grandmother gave me. She had an old edition that was written in its original Middle English. Considering its age I think it is a good and funny book, built up of 20 stories if I remember correctly. $1.50 seems live a very good price for such a classic book, that's one of the great things about visiting used bookshops, you can pickup some wonderful and rare books for a small price.
I actually came upon that first line you quoted and was trying to remember where I'd recently seen it, then checking this thread it dawned on me:P. I finished The Knight's Tale recently and have begun The Miller's Tale. I forgot how richly funny these bawdy stories were, great fun.
Put Stephen King's Doctor Sleep behind me a couple of days ago. A shallow attempt at a sequel to The Shining, it rarely rises a hair above uninspired pulp. King freely admitted to relying on someone else for research to ensure continuity between the books; you can guess how much authentic interest the author must have had in writing a quality successor to what is perhaps his most applauded novel. Stay away from this, is my recommendation.

Got this edition (ISBN13: 9781444761160) via a bargain-bin deal almost for free, happy I didn't pay full price. For what it's worth, this is a perfectly fine hardcover. As a door stop, it will do OK.
Post edited August 29, 2014 by chevkoch
I'm reading the trilogy of Corum, by Michael Moorcock. Also reading really heavy notes for one of my university subjects, but I don't think that's the aim of this post lol.
gotenz: Quirkology by Richard wiseman

Anybody have any recommended psychology books like quirkology?
Perhaps David McRaney's books. "You Are Not So Smart," "You Are Now Less Dumb."
Finished :

Kiharu Nakamura: The Memoir of a Tokyo-born Geisha
Liza Dalby: Geisha
Natsuo Kirino: Out ( it's a great book )

Upcoming :

an anthology of classic horror stories ( 588 pages )
The Complete Works of H.P. Lovecraft ( 3 books )
Arthur Golden : Memoirs of a Geisha
3 books from Rebecca Blackhorse
Reading the Antares Dawn series from Michael McCollum. A nice Space Opera about a cut off human colony that fights to be reconnected back to the Human Hegemony. About 800 pages to read.
sanfueg: After I read 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami, I started reading A Wild Sheep Chase and right now I'm reading the sequel Dance Dance Dance. Up next, all his other books.
I missed this before. I love Murakami, having read Norwegian Wood, Wind-Up Bird Chronicles and Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World, and After the quake. Highly recommend the middle two most of all.Happy readin'!
I'm reading Stephen King's Dark Tower Series.
Just finished the 6th book.
sanfueg: After I read 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami, I started reading A Wild Sheep Chase and right now I'm reading the sequel Dance Dance Dance. Up next, all his other books.
Ragnarblackmane: I missed this before. I love Murakami, having read Norwegian Wood, Wind-Up Bird Chronicles and Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World, and After the quake. Highly recommend the middle two most of all.Happy readin'!
Thank you for the recommendations, I just got a great deal for eight Murakami books I didn't have: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, After the quake, Kafka on the Shore, Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World, Sputnik Sweetheart, After Dark, What I Talk About When I Talk About Running and Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage
I got all of them. Now, I'm missing three books that interest me: Norwegian Wood, South of the Border, West of the Sun and Underground.
But before that, I'm gonna read what I got.
omega64: I'm reading Stephen King's Dark Tower Series.
Just finished the 6th book.
<3 such a great series.
Just read "The Electric Church" by Jeff Somers - excellent - and now reading the follow-up, "The Digital Plague."
Just recently finished rereading "On Bullshit". Currently reading a loaned copy of "Thief of Time". Had been listening to "Reamde" while commuting, but the second disc is damaged. Planning on either starting "Conan the Adventurer" or "New Stories from the Twilight Zone" next.
Reading graphic novels right now.