It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Vitalic - Poney part 1
Low + Dirty Three - Down by the River
Postmodern Jukebox feat. Hannah Gill & Casey Abrams - Crazy (Gnarls Barkley space jazz cover)
Kunovski: Freestylers - Broadcast Channel
I get a "Video unavailable" error. Here's the song on Bandcamp: Freestylers - Broadcast Channels.
A lot of heavy metal groups that are rather interesting for me today! I didn't thinkg earlier they are so great!
Ice_Mage: Postmodern Jukebox feat. Hannah Gill & Casey Abrams - Crazy (Gnarls Barkley space jazz cover)
Kunovski: Freestylers - Broadcast Channel
Ice_Mage: I get a "Video unavailable" error. Here's the song on Bandcamp: Freestylers - Broadcast Channels.
thank you!

but it's weird... I get a similar message with many of the songs posted in this forum, but I can play the one I've submitted without issue

must be crazy regional locks again :/

Ben Frost - Peter Venkman
Elton John - Sad Songs
joveian:
This is where it all started with ZZK -
Zizek Club La Plata Vol. 1
Ritmos Bastardos - The Story of Zizek Club and ZZK Records

While most of those present on La Revancha En Cumbia are Argentines and talented in their own right, the standout for me is Bomba Estéreo from Colombia:
Fuego
Somos Dos
To My Love (Tainy Remix)
They mix electronic with cumbia and other Afro-Caribbean genres:
Conexion Total with Yemi Alade, one of the most well-known African singers.
Li Saumet has a very distinctive costeño accent that she carries to song. Or at least that's what I'm hearing. :)
I've always found Colombian Spanish easy to understand and melodic, especially costeño and paisa.

Flamenco originated in Andalusia and it's oftentimes associated with gitano/Calé culture. This is Joaquín Cortés in Córdoba:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=dqyItsY-yck
El Chalo y El Lirola - Entre dos Aguas inspired by Paco de Lucía: https://youtube.com/watch?v=2oyhlad64-s
Recently I discovered Ángeles Toledano:
Bulerias

Outside Spain:
Ishtar and Los Niños de Sara Baila Maria
La Cubanita - I've not heard this one in years.

Electro flamenco... Lushian Larroa - based in Europe, but originally from Mexico:
Besando tu piel

Since they're on bandcamp, I would recommend Seffarine, a Portland-based duo - a mix of flamenco and Arabic music.
Also, Terry Jahz Lewis. You can notice how many artists received credit for this album, one of them being Joy Lapps-Lewis. Both Toronto-based.

For handpan/hang:
JD Villamizar - Lluvia
David Kuckhermann and Milena Holtz - The Old Sea
Kate Stone
Kate Stone - Urban - Opsilon Handpan
And Hang Massive
Once Again
Steelpan and electronic? I was about to post some time ago:
Duke Dumont - I Got U ft. Jax Jones
Jamie xx - Obvs
Jamie is a member of The xx:
Intro

Lenghty post already, I hope you will find something to enjoy. :)
Post edited January 13, 2022 by patrikc
GUNSHIP - Black Blood Red Kiss (feat. Kat Von D)
Sheebah - Mukama Yamba
Susan Cadogan - Hurt So Good
Another example of Li Saumet's accent in song:
Ahora
One of the main characteristics of costeño is the aspiration of /s/ when last in a syllable, anteconsonante, making it sound like a weak /h/: es-cu-char becomes eh-cu-chá, fres-co freh-co, es-tás eh-tá' and so on.
If /s/ is final, it's generally silent or barely perceptible: voz is vo, estrellas ehtreya (notice the yeísmo typical to the Caribbean coast), sueños sueño, marcas marca...
The final /r/ cannot be heard either: salir is salí, caminar caminá, nadar nadá, sentir sentí...
The intervocal /d/ will be left out if it falls on the last syllable: todas becomes toa'.
If /d/ is final (as in profundidad), it will be dropped.
Some syllables disappear altogether in costeño, although not made evident here: para will be pa, todo to, nada na, ésta/hasta ta, adelante alante, to name a few.

One of my favourites from Bomba Estéreo is Deja, a song with a great message.

And here's a costeño duo:
Carlos Vives, Shakira - La Bicicleta. Do you notice any difference to Li Saumet?
The video was shot in Santa Marta and Barranquilla. Strange how it makes me miss home...
Post edited January 14, 2022 by patrikc
Vulta - MoonKnight
Red Sparowes - Annihilate the Sparrow, That Stealer of Seed, and Our Harvests Will Abound; We Will Watch Our Wealth Flood In
Kunovski: must be crazy regional locks again :/
Yeah, quite a few links posted from outside the US don't work here, but I've noticed that usually searching for the title on YouTube brings up the same song posted by someone else that does work. Frustrating :(. I try to use Bandcamp links when I can to hopefully prevent that from happening.

patrikc:
Thanks! I got sidetracked listening to De Ushuaia a la Quiaca on repeat so it will be a bit longer before I listen to them but I'm sure I'll find some that I love :). I happened to notice that a version of De Ushuaia a la Quiaca has been released on each of the big three labels :/. There are also a number of covers and remixes on Bandcamp, most of them decent at least. My favorite version is one on YouTube with what looks like a student orchestra from Argentina (first link below).

I made a 50 minute playlist of recently posted stuff that I'll share here in case anyone is interested (not a YouTube playist since I no longer have an account there):

De Ushuaia a la Quiaca - Gustavo Santaolalla
Keep The Streets Empty For Me - Fever Ray
Scene Suspended - Jon Hopkins
Particles - Ólafur Arnalds ft. Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir
Live from Studio S2 - Hania Rani
De Ushuaia a La Quiaca - Gustavo Santaolalla

(again ALL RECENTLY POSTED, exept the first link that is a different version of the last link).

I also just found a nice one from a mention in the comments on Particles: Ludovico Einaudi - Live From The Steve Jobs Theatre / 2019

... and Google's recommendations have improved quite a bit lately. They recommended another long one: Monsieur Periné - Latin Roots Live! I've only listened to the beginning but should all be excellent, as is their tiny desk concert.
Post edited January 15, 2022 by joveian
Gente de Zona - La Gozadera
I love it when music brings people together, no matter their roots. It really made my day :)