It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

27. Have I posted this already? Now, if someone with too much free time would calculate the current average... ;)
Zer0: Now, if someone with too much free time would calculate the current average... ;)

17 pages?!? It won't be me ;-)
Not right now, anyway :-/
[EDIT]
However, from what I see on the last two pages, a rough guesstimate would be thirtyish.
Post edited December 12, 2008 by Wishbone
19. Never having much in the way of consoles, my father preferred to put money into our PC. Thus, I've become a diehard PC gamer, and my tastes have grown accordingly. I find more console games to be relatively vapid and simple compared to most PC titles, the older ones even more so.
Total number of reported ages:313

Total number of years we've collectively lived: 8362

Average age: 26.80128205

Overall age span: 13-60

Highest represented age groups:19, 25, 26 (22 members each)

Lowest age: 13 (Plectophera and Lord Wibble)

Highest age: 60 (number13 and Auldskul)
-----------------------------
I work as an analyst (network specifically though). My curiousity got the better of me and figured I would run the data to see what came up.
Post edited December 13, 2008 by MunkyBone
MunkyBone: Average age: 26.80128205

Ah, good. Someone with the necessary amount of free time :-D
I'm amazed at the number of people below 20 years of age. It's nice to know that some of these old classics can still draw new audiences.
Wishbone: Ah, good. Someone with the necessary amount of free time :-D
I'm amazed at the number of people below 20 years of age. It's nice to know that some of these old classics can still draw new audiences.

When I get arsed enough to do it, I will run the data through a pivot table and toss up a chart for further info for the group at large. Until then I finally bought a game and am going to immerse myself in some Fallout goodness.

Well, I'm only 22 but I remember playing a lot of these games when they first came out, so I'm not surprised that younger people may have played them when they were in elementary school. I don't think these games are that old are they? Maybe I'm starting to get old? Nah, that can't be.
honorbuddy: Well, I'm only 22 but I remember playing a lot of these games when they first came out, so I'm not surprised that younger people may have played them when they were in elementary school. I don't think these games are that old are they? Maybe I'm starting to get old? Nah, that can't be.

You have a point there. Although there are some absolute classics from the beginning of 90's, most of the games available are from around 2003-2005 (just guesstimating, don't hang me if thats incorrect).
It would be interesting to know which games those below 20 years of age have bought from GoG and if those games represent the newer titles available (although I'd guess that Fallouts would be high on the list regardless).
... and comparison to the games those above 20 years of age have bought might be interesting as well :)
Maybe I'll start a new thread about this... but if someone else beats me to it, be my guest.