It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

New features, local currency option, new payment methods, store credit, and an updated look for GOG.com!

For almost six years now we strive to bring you not only the best in DRM-Free gaming, but also to give you the greatest experience possible. To that end we're always looking for ways to improve our site and service. Today, we're rolling out a vastly updated version of our store with an improved interface, sleek new look, and lots of handy new features. Let's take a quick tour, shall we?

Video: Welcome to the fresher, better GOG.com!

First of all we are giving you more DRM-free content: movies! We are starting with 20 documentaries about internet and gaming culture but we aim high! You can find more on this in the appropriate newspost, so let's focus on the other features we're rolling out.

We wanted to give you more choice as to how you pay for things on GOG.com. Now it's up to you if you want to pay in US Dollars, or in the currency primarily used in your country, whether it's the Euro, Pounds Sterling, Australian Dollars, or Russian Roubles. That's four new currencies supported by GOG.com for your convenience. Still - the choice is yours, so if you want to stick to US dollars, just switch to it - you find this option at the bottom of each page. To make buying things at GOG.com an even more flexible process, we're introducing some new payment methods: Sofort, Giropay, Webmoney, and Yandex.

All this also means that users for whom the local currency pricing has been enabled will have an option to select one of two different prices for each game in our catalog. Of course, we stand by the simple truth that $1 does not equal 1€, so a game with a $5.99 price tag will cost 4.49 Euro, 3.69 British Pounds, 6.49 Australian Dollars, and 219 Roubles respectively. $9.99 translates to 7.49 Euro, 5.99 Pounds Sterling, 10.89 Australian Dollars, and 359 Roubles. In a perfect world we would apply the same method of pricing to all of the games we offer. However, things are a little bit more complicated, and there are some games in our catalog that follow a different region-based pricing scheme. However, we wouldn't be GOG.com if we didn't find a way to make right by the users who end up paying relatively more for such titles. Here's where the Fair Price Package comes in!

The Fair Price Package applies to all of the titles which we couldn't include in our standard pricing scheme. If you end up paying more for a game than its standard US Dollar price, we'll refund you the difference out of our own pocket. The refunded value will be added to your account in Store Credit in the currency of your purchase. That's right, no more gift codes, you'll be getting Store Credit that you can use to purchase anything on GOG.com or partially pay for an item that's more expensive. More choice, ease of use, and less limitations!

Finally, the GOG.com store has gotten itself a substantial visual revamp. We went for a fresh, mobile-friendly design that should make it even easier to find the games you want, notice the hot promos, and see what's new. The main page, catalog view, product pages, and checkout have been updated and also lay the groundwork for even more overhaul, coming within the next few months together with many of the GOG Galaxy features. We hope you like it!

PS. Unfortunately, we need to drop some titles from our classic catalog. In such cases, we always do our best to give you an advance warning and a last chance to purchase such games - preferably with a considerable discount. Check this news post to find out which titles are being removed from our catalog, when will it happen, and what parting discounts for them do we currently offer.
Post edited August 27, 2014 by G-Doc
I like the new look overall, but I don't like that adding games to one's wishlist is now less intuitive.
Rather than just having a simple "Add to wishlist" option beneath "Add to cart," now one needs to add it to their cart, and then open the cart and select "Move to wishlist."
I get how this can make sense in your head, guys, but increasing the number of clicks needed to accomplish something like this from one to two is a step backward. Not to mention that needing to put something in one's cart in order to get it on their wishlist (which means they don't intend to buy it now, which is, you know, what the cart is for) is pretty counterintuitive.

Just my thoughts on the matter.
krangpow: did they forgot the "owned"-option? games in the catalog are no longer flagged as such.. please add this "feature" to the new grey gog website.
Now "owned" & "not owned" games are indicated with different shades.
Game name lettering in black = "not owned"
Game name lettering in gray = "owned"

And yes, using more colors than shades could be better indicator. :)
cnaltman62: I like the new look overall, but I don't like that adding games to one's wishlist is now less intuitive.
Rather than just having a simple "Add to wishlist" option beneath "Add to cart," now one needs to add it to their cart, and then open the cart and select "Move to wishlist."
Are you possibly using Adblock and using it to block social network buttons?
Because for some reason that also blocks the "Wishlist" button.
Crackpot.756: Are you possibly using Adblock and using it to block social network buttons?
Because for some reason that also blocks the "Wishlist" button.
Ouch! Hope they fix that faux pas.

(I don't filter the social buttons out - so I see the Wishlist button - but Wishlist is unrelated to "social" and should not be disappear if the socials are filtered).
high rated
Yesterday GOG was a magic shop where I could buy great games "boxed" with covers full of art. Just like in good old days. Now it's just a download site. Just look at Torment page and its screen! Someone new could think you are trying to sell him/her an old crap. I miss those artistic headers on product pages. You have killed my impulse buying for sure.
krangpow: did they forgot the "owned"-option? games in the catalog are no longer flagged as such.. please add this "feature" to the new grey gog website.
MiKiL: Now "owned" & "not owned" games are indicated with different shades.

It will be fixed:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/welcome_to_the_fresher_better_gogcom/post825/?staff=yes
mjros: Yesterday GOG was a magic shop where I could buy great games "boxed" with covers full of art. Just like in good old days. Now it's just a download site. Just look at Torment page and its screen! Someone new could think you are trying to sell him/her an old crap. I miss those artistic headers on product pages. You have killed my impulse buying for sure.
I hate having to say it but...this. I couldn't have said it better myself-I mean, I felt this way, but hadn't realised this was how I felt until I read this post. +1 to you! :-)
Needs to be Tweaked:

On my wishlist, the prices no longer are displayed, which means, the highlighted orange font of games on sale , are not being displayed. That was a HUGE decision maker for me in my purchasing habits.
MiKiL: Now "owned" & "not owned" games are indicated with different shades.

Lemon_Curry: It will be fixed:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/welcome_to_the_fresher_better_gogcom/post825/?staff=yes
Ah, that's nice. :)
high rated
bmgermani: Alright, here's what I dislike so far:

- Too monochromatic
- "Corporate", soulless design
- Windows 8 / mobile / whatever style.
- Huge sticky top bar
- Huge social media buttons right next to the wishlist button. Sure, I filter these, but I wish I didn't have to.
- Can't see prices on wishlist anymore
- Can't easily tell if I own a game already

GOG, I love you guys. I always buy here instead of Steam, even when they have a better price.

Please don't change this :(
I seriously can't see one thing about this redesign that I see as an improvement. Whoever told GOG that they needed to update their site to be like every other site was wrong. GOG was not like every other store. The site had a signature look before. It fit well with the classics, yet still worked with the new games. As someone else mentioned, it looks like the Google app store. The site used to feel more about the community, now it's just feels like I'm being bombarded by those fluorescent signs when I walk into a BrandsMart, which I haven't walked into in over 10 years or more. This is not a mobile gaming store, it's a PC gaming store.

Things can suffer when unwanted and bad UI changes are forced on people. Ubuntu Unity, Windows Modern UI, Digg, Slashdot. They may all be alive, but all have lost users for the simple reason of detesting the new UI.

I've never known anyone to stop using something because they got tired of using a UI they've been using for years, but know plenty that stop using something because of forced UI changes.
Agree with the tweaks that everybody has mentioned.

I'll also add (if it hasn't been mentioned already) that the star rating system needs to be a little larger and in colour so that it can be clearly seen. I've always found the star rating system on GOG to be one of it's best features. It's overall ratings of games are generally a good, quick indiator of what a game's like.

The site probably needed improving, but I must admit it does have a colder feel to it, not as welcoming as the old one.
Silly gripe but: When I purchased a game before, it would say "Hey iLiVeInAbOx, your game is no available in your catalog :)"

Now, it is something like this: "iLiVeInAbOx, your purchase is complete"

The "Hey" and smiley face made it more personal, like a person had actually typed it out. Now it feels like it's just another automated form.

Silly gripe I know, but honestly, it's the little things like that which bother me.

edit: Also really not liking the new greyed out logo as others have mentioned. Put some color in our lives, don't take it away :)
Post edited August 28, 2014 by iLiVeInAbOx
pkorzeniewski: I know that every website redesign brings a lot of criticism, but seriously... the new design makes me physically sick. I'm not kidding. Maybe it's because all the shades of gray blending together?
Same for me. I find that after a few seconds I constantly have to force myself to focus, otherwise the forum kinda blends together. I think it's the combination of very slight gradients on a monotonous color scheme and the lack of other element dividers. Fortunately I don't normally post on the forum here, but if the new store has the same effect I'll probably visit it a lot less, if at all :(

...new look, new layout, and DOS screenshots still horribly scaled. Same old crap with a layer of grey on it.
Post edited August 28, 2014 by Pierzasty
What a shame. GOG is getting slick, cold, mainstream like all the others. What so many people here have listed, I completely agree. Also the pricing went back to different prices for different countries dispite the recent shitstorm bout this decision. All prices are shown in Euros now. Sure, they offer a discount for my next buy. I still don't like this.

I miss the old GOG already :'(
ChristerDoo: HAAAAAAAAAAATE the 'new and improved' GOG... which now must stand for Grey On Grey....
Well, we know it doesn't stand for "Good Old Games," since they sell Postal 2, they sell new games, and they sell movies.

My guess is that it stands for "Groundhog Orifice Generator."