It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

New features, local currency option, new payment methods, store credit, and an updated look for GOG.com!

For almost six years now we strive to bring you not only the best in DRM-Free gaming, but also to give you the greatest experience possible. To that end we're always looking for ways to improve our site and service. Today, we're rolling out a vastly updated version of our store with an improved interface, sleek new look, and lots of handy new features. Let's take a quick tour, shall we?

Video: Welcome to the fresher, better GOG.com!

First of all we are giving you more DRM-free content: movies! We are starting with 20 documentaries about internet and gaming culture but we aim high! You can find more on this in the appropriate newspost, so let's focus on the other features we're rolling out.

We wanted to give you more choice as to how you pay for things on GOG.com. Now it's up to you if you want to pay in US Dollars, or in the currency primarily used in your country, whether it's the Euro, Pounds Sterling, Australian Dollars, or Russian Roubles. That's four new currencies supported by GOG.com for your convenience. Still - the choice is yours, so if you want to stick to US dollars, just switch to it - you find this option at the bottom of each page. To make buying things at GOG.com an even more flexible process, we're introducing some new payment methods: Sofort, Giropay, Webmoney, and Yandex.

All this also means that users for whom the local currency pricing has been enabled will have an option to select one of two different prices for each game in our catalog. Of course, we stand by the simple truth that $1 does not equal 1€, so a game with a $5.99 price tag will cost 4.49 Euro, 3.69 British Pounds, 6.49 Australian Dollars, and 219 Roubles respectively. $9.99 translates to 7.49 Euro, 5.99 Pounds Sterling, 10.89 Australian Dollars, and 359 Roubles. In a perfect world we would apply the same method of pricing to all of the games we offer. However, things are a little bit more complicated, and there are some games in our catalog that follow a different region-based pricing scheme. However, we wouldn't be GOG.com if we didn't find a way to make right by the users who end up paying relatively more for such titles. Here's where the Fair Price Package comes in!

The Fair Price Package applies to all of the titles which we couldn't include in our standard pricing scheme. If you end up paying more for a game than its standard US Dollar price, we'll refund you the difference out of our own pocket. The refunded value will be added to your account in Store Credit in the currency of your purchase. That's right, no more gift codes, you'll be getting Store Credit that you can use to purchase anything on GOG.com or partially pay for an item that's more expensive. More choice, ease of use, and less limitations!

Finally, the GOG.com store has gotten itself a substantial visual revamp. We went for a fresh, mobile-friendly design that should make it even easier to find the games you want, notice the hot promos, and see what's new. The main page, catalog view, product pages, and checkout have been updated and also lay the groundwork for even more overhaul, coming within the next few months together with many of the GOG Galaxy features. We hope you like it!

PS. Unfortunately, we need to drop some titles from our classic catalog. In such cases, we always do our best to give you an advance warning and a last chance to purchase such games - preferably with a considerable discount. Check this news post to find out which titles are being removed from our catalog, when will it happen, and what parting discounts for them do we currently offer.
Post edited August 27, 2014 by G-Doc
high rated
Can any of the blue-texts explain why all of a sudden I lost my gifting history this afternoon? Is this permanent of just a glitch?
I never said this before, but I strongly advise to go back to the old design and scrap all the changes.
Sometimes it's better to admit a failure and I see many failures here combined in the site overhaul ranging from abysmal design over technical difficulties, over loss of publishers (Nordic due to complicated pricing system) and most of all great loss of user friendliness.

It was a big mistake and nothing more.
There'd be no shame in changing it back.

GoG, you are going the Myspace way and you certainly don't want that!

And not repeated enough: Scrap the depressing grey design, it's motivating to suicide rather than buying or *gasp* playing.
Post edited August 29, 2014 by Klumpen0815
chevkoch: GOG Bear gets the memo, goes right to work.
Nice +1 for the bear holding the thick & heavy hello bar. Hey, Judas and co, could we get an option to make it smaller or put a little arrow or something we can click on to bring it back down. LIke say, teamviewer (see attached):

Also, overall, I like the redesign. Just needs to be tweaked here and there.

edit: clarity
Attachments:
Post edited August 29, 2014 by PincushionMan
Thank you for making the site easier to browse on my phone while I'm on my lunch/should be working :-)
One question - why is the number of games on gog.com still not fixed (825 games) - or are you going to release about cca. 80 games in a day to make up for the difference to the old number of games here from the old website from two days ago.
Post edited August 29, 2014 by Matruchus
No thank you for making the site harder to browse on my phone while I'm on my lunch/should be working :-(
Klumpen0815: I never said this before, but I strongly advise to go back to the old design and scrap all the changes.
Sometimes it's better to admit a failure and I see many failures here combined in the site overhaul ranging from abysmal design over technical difficulties, over loss of publishers (Nordic due to complicated pricing system) and most of all great loss of user friendliness.

It was a big mistake and nothing more.
There'd be no shame in changing it back.

GoG, you are going the Myspace way and you certainly don't want that!

And not repeated enough: Scrap the depressing grey design, it's motivating to suicide rather than buying or *gasp* playing.
I agree with you on all you said - the website is a real horror show at the moment.
virotti: Hi guys, love the new look, but why is it only possible now to add a game to my wishlist after I add it to my cart? I really liked to be able to quickly wishlist games.
Do you use Adblock?:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/welcome_to_the_fresher_better_gogcom/post1112
HypersomniacLive: Can any of the blue-texts explain why all of a sudden I lost my gifting history this afternoon? Is this permanent of just a glitch?
Redeemed items vanished when the new look debuted. They turned them back on, but now they seem to have changed that again. I can see a game that was redeemed recently, but older redemptions are gone.
Post edited August 29, 2014 by IAmSinistar
virotti: Hi guys, love the new look, but why is it only possible now to add a game to my wishlist after I add it to my cart? I really liked to be able to quickly wishlist games. In addition, do you guys plan on adding currencies from other countries (like mine) in the future?
Ditto this - I miss being able to quickly add a game to my wish list.
bernstein82: Where the fuck is the "add this game to my wishlist" feature gone?

a shop without this is just not user friendly... i guess it's time for one more spreadsheet :(
Wurzelkraft: Adblock blocks this button because GOG decided it would be clever to have it in the same container as other social media buttons.
I hope GOG will fix this. I don't want any of those annoyingly snooping "social" buttons, but adding something to wishlist is a normal feature.
Post edited August 29, 2014 by shmerl
blackyarn: Sorry to complain, but I HATE this new web design. It's certainly 'modern', I'll give you that, but then modern web design is mostly a time-wasting catastrophe. The old site was simple, distinctive, and easy to use. This site is a messy Frankenstein conglomeration of every bad design pattern from the last five years.
I hate to say this, but it definitely has an old Impulse feel somewhere. You just made me realize that :)
high rated
Since this thread is certainly being checked by bluetexts, I'll repost some of my observations concerning specific game pages, since this is the part of the redesign I'm mostly worried about.

1) Their designer seems to have looked at Steam and copied what they saw, including all the problematic design elements.
2) Important game data, ie. what the game is, when it was released, which OS it work on, system requirements, seems to have been delegated to the bottom right corner. This is especially problematic in case of game series, where this info is hidden WAY below everything else. In the old design, you could swiftly see all the information you needed at first glance.
3) You need to expand the text for both goodies and the game description. The new bonus icons tell me very little what they bring and are in addition much more difficult to distinguish being black on a grey background. Bring back the colours!
4) You need to click on each individual screenshot and even then, they keep their size, rather than poping-out to the middle of the screen. This should, in my opinion, be returned to how it was before.
5) Perhaps many don't consider this important, but I would like to see the "game boxes" back. It was a wonderful introduction to the game, sitting right next to the important data (see point 2).
6) Too much lost space. I have a 1920*1200 resolution and I still have to scroll like crazy.

This is just at stuff that I see as most problematic. Others have mentioned problems with reviews and a lack of clarity (seem to be a running theme with the redesign) of other elements on screen. I just hope GOG will take the appropriate steps to rectify this. They finally fixed the owned games issues, so hopefully further changes are in store in the future.
high rated
Wurzelkraft: Here is my opinion on the "fresh" game pages. *click*

Oh I forgot a thing: Don't include the wishlist button in the same container box that you use for social media stuff. I like my Adblock.
Updated.
I'm conflicted on the owned status indication. It's good that it's there, but hovering anywhere on the item obliterates any indication of you owning it (beyond the lighter text which remains). It's the same buy button at that point, and it lets you toss the game right into the cart without any hesitation.

Ideally, you would get an orange gift button instead of the green buy button. I don't know that I am in any real danger of repurchasing something, but as far as indications go, it's pretty subtle.