It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

New features, local currency option, new payment methods, store credit, and an updated look for GOG.com!

For almost six years now we strive to bring you not only the best in DRM-Free gaming, but also to give you the greatest experience possible. To that end we're always looking for ways to improve our site and service. Today, we're rolling out a vastly updated version of our store with an improved interface, sleek new look, and lots of handy new features. Let's take a quick tour, shall we?

Video: Welcome to the fresher, better GOG.com!

First of all we are giving you more DRM-free content: movies! We are starting with 20 documentaries about internet and gaming culture but we aim high! You can find more on this in the appropriate newspost, so let's focus on the other features we're rolling out.

We wanted to give you more choice as to how you pay for things on GOG.com. Now it's up to you if you want to pay in US Dollars, or in the currency primarily used in your country, whether it's the Euro, Pounds Sterling, Australian Dollars, or Russian Roubles. That's four new currencies supported by GOG.com for your convenience. Still - the choice is yours, so if you want to stick to US dollars, just switch to it - you find this option at the bottom of each page. To make buying things at GOG.com an even more flexible process, we're introducing some new payment methods: Sofort, Giropay, Webmoney, and Yandex.

All this also means that users for whom the local currency pricing has been enabled will have an option to select one of two different prices for each game in our catalog. Of course, we stand by the simple truth that $1 does not equal 1€, so a game with a $5.99 price tag will cost 4.49 Euro, 3.69 British Pounds, 6.49 Australian Dollars, and 219 Roubles respectively. $9.99 translates to 7.49 Euro, 5.99 Pounds Sterling, 10.89 Australian Dollars, and 359 Roubles. In a perfect world we would apply the same method of pricing to all of the games we offer. However, things are a little bit more complicated, and there are some games in our catalog that follow a different region-based pricing scheme. However, we wouldn't be GOG.com if we didn't find a way to make right by the users who end up paying relatively more for such titles. Here's where the Fair Price Package comes in!

The Fair Price Package applies to all of the titles which we couldn't include in our standard pricing scheme. If you end up paying more for a game than its standard US Dollar price, we'll refund you the difference out of our own pocket. The refunded value will be added to your account in Store Credit in the currency of your purchase. That's right, no more gift codes, you'll be getting Store Credit that you can use to purchase anything on GOG.com or partially pay for an item that's more expensive. More choice, ease of use, and less limitations!

Finally, the GOG.com store has gotten itself a substantial visual revamp. We went for a fresh, mobile-friendly design that should make it even easier to find the games you want, notice the hot promos, and see what's new. The main page, catalog view, product pages, and checkout have been updated and also lay the groundwork for even more overhaul, coming within the next few months together with many of the GOG Galaxy features. We hope you like it!

PS. Unfortunately, we need to drop some titles from our classic catalog. In such cases, we always do our best to give you an advance warning and a last chance to purchase such games - preferably with a considerable discount. Check this news post to find out which titles are being removed from our catalog, when will it happen, and what parting discounts for them do we currently offer.
Post edited August 27, 2014 by G-Doc
JudasIscariot: It's being worked on but it may take some time :)
F4LL0UT: What? I wasn't being sarcastic, the moment I wrote it the old favicon and the "owned" icon were already restored. oO But yeah, now that you mention it, the "owned" already looks different than last time I checked.
Ehh sorry :) I took that statement wrong, my apologies :)
Thank you for your quick fixes! The site is now usable again! (slightly overreacting :) )

And could we please someday have a tiny little bit more colour in the navigation and buttons? To make the day brighter and bad weather less depressing? That would be awesome!
Yeah the owned tag is there now but again gray colour really? Now I understand why you have an opening for an UI Designer open.

Also the currency change button still does not work.
Post edited August 29, 2014 by Matruchus
Just noticed the "owned" tag is back. I know others have more changes they'd like to see done, but for me this is fine and I'm pleased with the site as it is now.

More than anything, I appreciate the fact that GOG even listens to suggestions/criticisms as most places wouldn't.
GOG has always seemed responsive to me...I like that...
The biggest issue I have now with new look, is no current prices showing on my wishlist..... I check this regularly to quickly see if any are on sale and hope this is in the "to be fixed" column. :)
Chamb: Not on the game icon. On the price box. When you own the game we display "owned" instead of price (you can still see the price by hovering on the game).
Alright, I just thought you were going to do what Ackwastaken suggested:
Ackwastaken: Hey, just a thought, one that I figure has been already posted, but could you guys do something more than simply graying out the titles of games I already own when looking at the new game catalogs? Just adding the word OWNED somewhere on the icon would be helpful.
Destro: Yup!
Post edited August 29, 2014 by Lemon_Curry
The thing I don't like personally is the fact that I have to zoom forum to 120% because it's too small (I guess cuz I got used to that size), but then front page zooming too and it's to big and looks terrible (old one on 120% was fine)... it's only me?
Also, still hate top bar...
Post edited August 29, 2014 by Trid
I vote for the original green yellow GOG logo and favicon, as it's someone not clear to me, why GOG would change their corporate logo, that was so distinguished and recognisable and known for years to indistinguishable grey scale one only because they adopted a monochrome shop ui. The new monochrome GOG icon and favicon looks like a QR code.

I also hope, that GOG team will introduce some sort of sort function for the library, I don't quite understand, why we can't already sort them per genre, title, publisher etc. The genre sort function should be default one and then there should be a further way to sort them per title or series, as right now, I have games from a series scattered through the whole library, advertures, rpg are mixed with fps etc.

Another thing I hope will come is the ability to choose a color scheme for various site modules.

Still, most important for me would be the way to sort the games in logical manner, as sorting them by purchase date is quite a silly one.
Wurzelkraft: Here is my opinion on the "fresh" game pages. *click*

Oh I forgot a thing: Don't include the wishlist button in the same container box that you use for social media stuff. I like my Adblock.
+1

You've made some excellent points. From a sales point-of-view I can't see the logic of putting the essential information about the game below social media buttons (really??), and not making the extras as prominent on the page as they were on the old site.
JudasIscariot: As of right now, if you are on the main page (after refreshing your browser several times) you should see the word "owned" show up on any owned games that you mouse over :)
I've refreshed the page many times now (even did an account refresh) but I still don't get that message when hovering over the image of a game I own. It does say 'owned' where price is usually displayed though.

Anyway, I'm a patient guy so I'll go make some coffee. :)
If you go into the rpg category, it appears as there are far less games.
On the other hand, the old design with the expaning list, just kept going into oblivion and showing all sorts of genres.

Not sure what is better :)
Sorry, I have not been able to follow this thread so far, there are just too many things happen at the same time on GOG, the Nordic Games disaster, 2 promos to check and a GOG web site which is far away from the usability of the old site. Many things here have probably already been said, but the usability of the new site is too bad to hold this back.

These are my first impressions while using the new site (the number of + or - signs mark the severity of the issue for me):

good:
+ The display of the individual discount (percent numbers) for games on sale is nice.
+ It's nice that the price for already owned games is also displayed now.
+ The game snapshots seem to have a bit higher resolution now. Though I still have to open each snapshot in a separate browser window to see it in full resolution, why?

bad:
-- The new design wastes too much space. E.g. in the game overview page the top 3rd(!) of the screen is only filled with some oversized and mostly empty buttons. The already too thick menu bar does not even vanish when you scroll down. The minimal resolution the site is hard coded for, is too high. On smaller screens the left and right parts of the page are outside of the window (invisible) and there's no horizontal scrollbar.
-- On the game detail page you do not see essential game infos, they are outside of the screen and you have to scroll down first, even worse after you have scrolled down you have to hit "Read more" to see what's included in the game pack.
- The buttons are too large in general. I know the share buttons are hip today but are they really more important than the game information to be on top of it?
-- The game information is not in one place and scattered all over the page (star score at the top, PEGI rating at the bottom, other infos on the right). You have to scroll up and down to get all the infos. Why is the star score on top of the page and not together with the other game infos?
- You can't cycle through all of the game snapshots anymore, you have to explicitly click at each of the first 5 thumbnails, then switch to the next 5, click again each of the thumbnails, ... Why so complicated?
- There is no more option to open all the reviews, you have to press "Read more" on every single review.
--- You don't see the date of the reviews and you cannot sort reviews by date anymore (they seem to be sorted by relevance now).
- It's hard to notice if a game is owned, please mark owned games at least by a good visible icon. [seems to be fixed now, but the price of owned games is not displayed anymore]
If I just click on "Games" and search for Uplink, I get no results.

But there is Uplink under Linux games, is there no such Windows version on GOG? The same with Darwinia and others from Introversion...

//edit: search for Introversion:
http://www.gog.com/games##sort=bestselling&devpub=introversion_software&page=1
Uplink:
http://www.gog.com/game/uplink_hacker_elite

//edit: I just think there is a bug in the search algorithm or those databases are not properly linked?

//edit: works now, thank you!
Post edited August 29, 2014 by disi
08q2y3h4tu: I vote for the original green yellow GOG logo and favicon, as it's someone not clear to me, why GOG would change their corporate logo, that was so distinguished and recognisable and known for years to indistinguishable grey scale one only because they adopted a monochrome shop ui. The new monochrome GOG icon and favicon looks like a QR code.
Did Dice Holdings buy GOG, and we just haven't heard about it yet? Dice already messed up Slashdot and Sourceforge.
Here's some feedback regarding the email receipts(because someone has to comment on these too :-) ) :
-The new style of the receipts has a noticeable improvement over the previous one. That is, it is now stated in the receipt how much the games cost individually(for example $5.99 erased and $1.49 next to it) and not only the amount saved as was previously-and this is nice especailly regarding mutiple item orders.
-The background color(grey) is better than the previous one(which was dark grey)-the GOG logo however is now nowhere to be found on the receipt itself.
-The subject of the receipt email is more personal("Order Completed!" instead of "Your purchase summary for XYZ") but the adressing to the receiver/purchaser has become weirdly enough somewhat less personal (it is now " Thanks for your order CustomerX" instead of the previous one "Hi CustomerX, thanks for your purchase!" -substitute for whatever the username of the receiver is).
And finally:
-Another minor disadvantage to this new receipt style: the products purchased aren't centered and are instead to the left side, which makes them look as if they're going to fall off the receipt form or something :-) . There's also a huge amount of empty space present in the receipt in general.

Thanks a lot for reading this in advance. :-)