It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

New features, local currency option, new payment methods, store credit, and an updated look for GOG.com!

For almost six years now we strive to bring you not only the best in DRM-Free gaming, but also to give you the greatest experience possible. To that end we're always looking for ways to improve our site and service. Today, we're rolling out a vastly updated version of our store with an improved interface, sleek new look, and lots of handy new features. Let's take a quick tour, shall we?

Video: Welcome to the fresher, better GOG.com!

First of all we are giving you more DRM-free content: movies! We are starting with 20 documentaries about internet and gaming culture but we aim high! You can find more on this in the appropriate newspost, so let's focus on the other features we're rolling out.

We wanted to give you more choice as to how you pay for things on GOG.com. Now it's up to you if you want to pay in US Dollars, or in the currency primarily used in your country, whether it's the Euro, Pounds Sterling, Australian Dollars, or Russian Roubles. That's four new currencies supported by GOG.com for your convenience. Still - the choice is yours, so if you want to stick to US dollars, just switch to it - you find this option at the bottom of each page. To make buying things at GOG.com an even more flexible process, we're introducing some new payment methods: Sofort, Giropay, Webmoney, and Yandex.

All this also means that users for whom the local currency pricing has been enabled will have an option to select one of two different prices for each game in our catalog. Of course, we stand by the simple truth that $1 does not equal 1€, so a game with a $5.99 price tag will cost 4.49 Euro, 3.69 British Pounds, 6.49 Australian Dollars, and 219 Roubles respectively. $9.99 translates to 7.49 Euro, 5.99 Pounds Sterling, 10.89 Australian Dollars, and 359 Roubles. In a perfect world we would apply the same method of pricing to all of the games we offer. However, things are a little bit more complicated, and there are some games in our catalog that follow a different region-based pricing scheme. However, we wouldn't be GOG.com if we didn't find a way to make right by the users who end up paying relatively more for such titles. Here's where the Fair Price Package comes in!

The Fair Price Package applies to all of the titles which we couldn't include in our standard pricing scheme. If you end up paying more for a game than its standard US Dollar price, we'll refund you the difference out of our own pocket. The refunded value will be added to your account in Store Credit in the currency of your purchase. That's right, no more gift codes, you'll be getting Store Credit that you can use to purchase anything on GOG.com or partially pay for an item that's more expensive. More choice, ease of use, and less limitations!

Finally, the GOG.com store has gotten itself a substantial visual revamp. We went for a fresh, mobile-friendly design that should make it even easier to find the games you want, notice the hot promos, and see what's new. The main page, catalog view, product pages, and checkout have been updated and also lay the groundwork for even more overhaul, coming within the next few months together with many of the GOG Galaxy features. We hope you like it!

PS. Unfortunately, we need to drop some titles from our classic catalog. In such cases, we always do our best to give you an advance warning and a last chance to purchase such games - preferably with a considerable discount. Check this news post to find out which titles are being removed from our catalog, when will it happen, and what parting discounts for them do we currently offer.
Post edited August 27, 2014 by G-Doc
How do I change prices back into dollar?

Can't compare them to what I had in my head with that stupid forced regional pricing view.
Also what is wrong with you to give discounts of 58 or 59 percent? Why not 60 percent? Are you on alcohol from the relaunch party or what? What happened to the GOG that I joined almost 2000 days ago? Where is your philosophy gone of being customer-friendly?
Post edited August 29, 2014 by Protoss
Matruchus: In the first announcement they made about Galaxy in the threads it was scheduled for August. Later that date addition as usual on gog magically disappeared from their post. I noticed now several times that such binding things have been erased from their posts. Really need to start doing screenshots of their posts.
Ah, but this is the internet! No one ever manages to delete everything: August
Stupid question (most likely already answered):

WIll I be able to trade in my remaining gift codes for the equivalent store credit?

Protoss: How do I change prices back into dollar?

Can't compare them to what I had in my head with that stupid forced regional pricing view.
Also what is wrong with you to give discounts of 58 or 59 percent? Why not 60 percent? Are you on drugs or what?
On the bottom right side of the main page is a dropdown menu. (And on each game page)

Edit: RIGHT side, not left :)
Post edited August 29, 2014 by Hecke
Protoss: How do I change prices back into dollar?

Go to a game page and then scroll down to the bottom of the page and there is a small slide down currency menu on the right bottom side of the website.
Matruchus: In the first announcement they made about Galaxy in the threads it was scheduled for August. Later that date addition as usual on gog magically disappeared from their post. I noticed now several times that such binding things have been erased from their posts. Really need to start doing screenshots of their posts.
227: Ah, but this is the internet! No one ever manages to delete everything: August
Thanks for that - so Gog Galaxy was really scheduled for August as I remembered. It was good they did not delay Divinity Original Sin for Gog Galaxy since its now obvious that its not coming any time soon.
Post edited August 29, 2014 by Matruchus
( dunno if this was already posted but ..)

If you are putting so much work into the new look ...

why are no RSS feeds (one for news & Promos, one for new games & updates) available?

No, the GOG tumblr and the promo mails are not sufficient, every game update is still missing.

If you have so much tunnel vision on copying Steam, you should know that they provide since their inception several feeds (deals, new games and general news), just look at the right bottom corner of their store page and click on "News Feeds". Voila, a no-frills RSS feed with the full text of each news item. Dunno why GOG insists on bandwith resource waste, if people are interested, they will click on it and you have your tracking mumbojumbo..
Protoss: Also what is wrong with you to give discounts of 58 or 59 percent? Why not 60 percent?
That's due to the conversion.
Matruchus: Go to a game page and then scroll down to the bottom of the page and there is a small slide down currency menu on the right bottom side of the website.
Thank you, my savior. Seems like not the GOG staff but the regional pricing system is drunk, in USD all discounts are 60 percent like always. :-)

But I have another bug: Games I own are not marked as such in the sale grid and also not in the list...

Games show as owned here:
http://www.gog.com/promo/last_chance_special_promo_270814

Games don't show as owned here:
http://www.gog.com/games##sort=bestselling&devpub=activision&page=1
Post edited August 29, 2014 by Protoss
Matruchus: Go to a game page and then scroll down to the bottom of the page and there is a small slide down currency menu on the right bottom side of the website.
Protoss: Thank you, my savior. Seems like not the GOG staff but the regional pricing system is drunk, in USD all discounts are 60 percent like always. :-)

But I have another bug: Games I own are not marked as such in the sale grid and also not in the list...

Only the text is slightly shown grey and not the thumbnail of the game. Take a closer look, maybe they are indeed shown as owned (mine are correctly).
Protoss: But I have another bug: Games I own are not marked as such in the sale grid and also not in the list...

You will see that the text is very light grey for owned games and barely noticable on the light grey background they use.

On that last chance promo they are using the old sales list that is extremely superior to the new one so that's why its all visible there.
Post edited August 29, 2014 by Matruchus
Please revert this new "owned"-design. It's non-obviously and very deceiving. I almost bought two games again because of it.
Horrible decision!
coffeecup: at least do the following:
- add back the missing information on game pages (last time updated, timestamps on comments, sorting, golden stars, cover picture from the shelf (also missing..))
- in the games list, dim the already owned games again such in a fashion that they are seen clearly
- add the "already owned" button in the game list and on the game page. We are not so dumb to purchase these games by accident again. This is VERY misleading and CONFUSING!!!!!
- the wishlist has no price tags anymore .. if I click on them, I get these games for free?
- on the game detail page, there is no indication anymore, if the game is wishlisted or not.

Thank you.
Russonc: Agree with these points especially
I second that. The lack of all of these makes it all much less user-friendly and more confusing!
Post edited August 29, 2014 by Anphiro
high rated
You can ease the pain with the "Oh My GOG!" Stylish CSS, which brings the old logo back and trims the with of the big fat ass top bar a little.

https://userstyles.org/styles/104779/oh-my-gog

This user style needs some more work though, but it's a first step, but GOG itself should revamp the site itself.

The new Activision promo clearly demonstrates why the new design is a shot in your feet: I really cannot tell there what games I already own and what games are interesting for me. Well, no luck for GOG, no more money from me. ... cause I really don't want to have my library in a second window open, only not to buy duplicates (I find this strategy bordering on scam, though).
high rated
It seems to me that this is one of those changes that were implemented because somebody somewhere strongly believes that changes must be made for the sake of making changes. This happened all the time in one of my previous jobs. They must have a special training program somewhere for these "change everything cause change is always cool" people.

In my (worthless) opinion, you should only change something if it REALLY needs to be changed. Was this whole site in need of such a total revamp? I don't think so. Most parts seemed to be functioning perfectly well.

Anyway, it's not something that makes me lose sleep tonight. But I did like the previous site more.
Turjake: It seems to me that this is one of those changes that were implemented because somebody somewhere strongly believes that changes must be made for the sake of making changes. This happened all the time in one of my previous jobs. They must have a special training program somewhere for these "change everything cause change is always cool" people.

In my (worthless) opinion, you should only change something if it REALLY needs to be changed. Was this whole site in need of such a total revamp? I don't think so. Most parts seemed to be functioning perfectly well.

Anyway, it's not something that makes me lose sleep tonight. But I did like the previous site more.
The big problem is that the "new changes" also make everything much more uncomfortable... I get use to new things kind of fast... I am not a complainer for everything new coming, but in this particular case, not only is "uglier" but also is less user friendly...

Besides I have a tablet and 2 smartphones because I need a good Android phone and a Good iPhone phone because of my job, and I NEVER access GOG with them, because come on, I dont even do that with STEAM... I buy PC games when I am in front of the PC!!!
Post edited August 29, 2014 by YaTEdiGo
roelibex: If you "click and hold" long enough on the account button it should open up the menu options but also android will open a popup. Just hit the back button on your device and the android popup will go away but the menu will still be opened. Well at least on my device. Hope that helps with that issue.
timppu: Thanks, but that didn't seem to work as expected on my tablet:

- ASUS Transformer TF101

- Android 4.0.4 (which is the newest stable CyanogenMod Android for this device; I think the official newest Android version from ASUS for this is 4.0.3, which I replaced with CyanogenMod a couple of days ago after finally finding proper and up to date instructions on how to root this device: there were lots of instructions but either they were full of dead links to non-existing utilities (e.g. on the CyanogenMod homepage itself), or they were for earlier TF101 firmware versions, and wouldn't work anymore with the newest firmware version which was released over a year ago already I think).

- Firefox

If I press and hold the Account link, the menu doesn't open at all, but the Android links come (Open in another tab etc.). If I only tap the Account, then the menu opens, but it also proceeds to the actual Account page, as if I had clicked on Account.

I haven't yet tried it on my wife's Android phone, it is some Samsung 4 4G+ something something, it should have a pretty new Android version. I use mostly the tablet, when I don't have access to the PC.
Is this a problem just with tablets? Cause it works fine on my phone. I have a typical menu button on the left side which opens up with all options, including Logout. See the screenshot.

I have a Note 3 with KitKat and I tested on the default browser and Chrome.
Attachments: