It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Get the full trilogy with a 66% discount or each game for 40% off!

Did you guys take your Dramamine this morning? Looks like you might need it soon: the beloved Descent trilogy is back and it's going to spin you right round right round.

Indeed, after disappearing into the darkness for a while, the series that pioneered six degrees of freedom shooting now finally re-emerges on GOG.com. If for whatever unfortunate reason you are not already acquainted with their ground-breaking 3D brilliance, now is your chance to redeem yourself before anyone finds out: get the entire trilogy in a Pack with a 66% discount or just buy Descent, Descent II and Descent 3 individually for -40% each.

This offer lasts until November 26, 11PM UTC.
I believe it was part of the Black Friday sale. Despite the wording on the front, I assume we're now on the Cyber Monday sale. Even Desperados went back to the regular price.
Holy smokes. Glad to see it back.

With the sale on I didn't think to look down and see the new releases.
Welcome back. I've never played Descent, but I know it's considered a classic by many. I will use this occasion to give it a proper look.
DXX Rebirth is fantastic. It needs a few files from the official games but is the way to go with them. Unfortunately it looks like Descent 3 was never given the treatment.
My gamepad setup:
Left stick axis: Foreward/Backward and Slide Left/Right
Right stick axis: Pitch Up/Down and Yaw Left/Right
Bumpers: Roll
Buttons 4 and 1: Vertical Slide Up/Down
Left trigger: Primary fire
Right trigger: Secondary fire
Buttons 3 and 2: Flares and bombs
Left stick depress: Rear view
Right stck depress: Map
Post edited November 29, 2017 by pmcollectorboy
SpellSword: If you have not yet played the Descent series, you are missing something special.
amok: Headache, vertigo and nausea?
More like 360 degrees of madness, machines & mines.

Get in there Material Defender, those tunnels won't clear themselves...
The mines have a kinda sorta sense of up and down, and there is a map and autolevel. Plus if you get to the hostage jail and see miners on the ceiling, you know which way you're facing.
pmcollectorboy: The mines have a kinda sorta sense of up and down, and there is a map and autolevel. Plus if you get to the hostage jail and see miners on the ceiling, you know which way you're facing.
DCL has some competitive activity! If you love the game that much you should join us! http://descentchampions.org/
Now all we need is to add the Descent II - Vertigo expansion :-D
pmcollectorboy: DXX Rebirth is fantastic. It needs a few files from the official games but is the way to go with them. Unfortunately it looks like Descent 3 was never given the treatment.
There are some useful patches available though, and you can use the 3DFX glide wrapper to improve the texture rendering or the 32-bit texture patch for OpenGL (better IMO). It still lacks some of the shinyness of the original game, but with modern systems you can set custom resolutions (up to about 1920 widescreen) for D3. Combined with a few command lines tweaks and a good profile in your GPU control panel, the game still runs and looks pretty good.

Unfortunately the source was never released so at the moment there is no chance for a D3X-Rebirth project.

Reportedly the Revival guys are planning on an updated 1.5 patch which might make some improvements.
Post edited November 30, 2017 by Hunter-Zero
pmcollectorboy: DXX Rebirth is fantastic. It needs a few files from the official games but is the way to go with them. Unfortunately it looks like Descent 3 was never given the treatment.
Hunter-Zero: There are some useful patches available though, and you can use the 3DFX glide wrapper to improve the texture rendering or the 32-bit texture patch for OpenGL (better IMO). It still lacks some of the shinyness of the original game, but with modern systems you can set custom resolutions (up to about 1920 widescreen) for D3. Combined with a few command lines tweaks and a good profile in your GPU control panel, the game still runs and looks pretty good.

Unfortunately the source was never released so at the moment there is no chance for a D3X-Rebirth project.

Reportedly the Revival guys are planning on an updated 1.5 patch which might make some improvements.
Descent 1 and 2 are coming to steam tommorrow, Descent 3 is not because of windows 10 incompatibilites
Win10 can drown in a lake.
pmcollectorboy: Win10 can drown in a lake.
yea, i miss 7, and xp
GOG.com: Get the full trilogy with a 66% discount or each game for 40% off!

Did you guys take your Dramamine this morning? Looks like you might need it soon: the beloved Descent trilogy is back and it's going to spin you right round right round.

Indeed, after disappearing into the darkness for a while, the series that pioneered six degrees of freedom shooting now finally re-emerges on GOG.com. If for whatever unfortunate reason you are not already acquainted with their ground-breaking 3D brilliance, now is your chance to redeem yourself before anyone finds out: get the entire trilogy in a Pack with a 66% discount or just buy Descent, Descent II and Descent 3 individually for -40% each.

i have played the descent games since they originally came out and there is still no game that compares to the fluid motion in any direction at any time if you don't get into this game and get motion sickness you are sick
GOG.com: Get the full trilogy with a 66% discount or each game for 40% off!

thinn: i have played the descent games since they originally came out and there is still no game that compares to the fluid motion in any direction at any time if you don't get into this game and get motion sickness you are sick
The original developers are actually creating a spiritual successor called Overload: http://playoverload.com/ :)
thinn: i have played the descent games since they originally came out and there is still no game that compares to the fluid motion in any direction at any time if you don't get into this game and get motion sickness you are sick
A_Future_Pilot: The original developers are actually creating a spiritual successor called Overload: http://playoverload.com/ :)
Overload is a complete different game it has nothing to do with decsent games it's own game