It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Puzzle your way out of sticky situations or just race past them.

Whoohoo! Our <span class="bold">Weekly Sale is now 18</span>, which means she can drive, move out of the house, and even drink in certain countries. We're throwing her a coming-of-age party and so far we've quite a few esteemed guests who came to pay their respects and try the canapés. What they've brought in exchange? Let's take a peek while everyone's queuing for the open bar.

Each part of the Dracula Trilogy is just as fascinating as the last but The Path of the Dragon easily takes the cake and bites it too. A gloomy tale of a tormented priest investigating the death of a well-respected woman takes a thrilling turn when he's confronted with temptation, occult secrets, and the bloodiest pages of history.

Do you know how Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood managed to pull off his heroic deeds? Well, he had to employ stealth, patience, tactical genius, and utilize the abilities of his merry commandos to their fullest. There are over 30 missions here for you to try and do the same!

As always, there's more – including Amerzone, Syberia, Moto Racer, Still Life, Haegemonia Gold Edition and plenty of others!
Plus, stay tuned for new deals coming this Friday!

The <span class="bold">Weekly Sale Vol. 18</span> will last until June 5, 4 PM UTC.
Nice little sale, gonna get syberia 2 to finish off the other one.
high rated
It's a good time for my usual post ;)

Ghorpm’s "don’t miss this hidden gem" recommendation

Dracula 3: The Path of the Dragon

For us, gamers, it's pretty obvious that Dracula does exist in this series but the main character, a catholic priest, does not believe in vampires. He is sent to Vladoviste to investigate a life and death of a doctor because local church authorities claim she should be canonized.

As you can imagine he starts to experience a lot of anomalies, people tell him strange stories and he has mysterious dreams...

The best thing is that supernatural is not bluntly thrown at you in this game. Your main task is to analyze numerous documents, talk with different people, search for clues and solve elaborate puzzles. Most of the time our good priest will actually find proofs that vampirism is just a myth but at the same time he will get a feeling that there is something else going on... something elusive... something incredibly well concealed... concealed by a sentient being. And it's teasing him. Teasing to follow this path... the Path of the Dragon...

As much as Dracula 1 and 2 are typical adventure games about human vs vampire struggle the third one is one of the best games I've ever played. I was in awe how marvelous this story was and how well it was told. Puzzles are hard but it gives a lot of satisfaction to solve them. And in a sense - some of them are quite similar to "The Ninth Gate". For example you'll be shown a few copies of the same painting and only by analyzing the differences between them you'll be able to solve some puzzles (trust me, it was not a spoiler, one character will directly explain that you have to do so but she won't give you an actual answer and neither did I so don't worry - I didn't spoil anything)

I can't recommend it strong enough!

TL;DR buy Dracula Trilogy and play Dracula 3: The Path of the Dragon
FrodoBaggins: The reviews aren't great?
What games are you looking at? Both the Syberia games have 4.5 stars out of 5.
Total ratings are often crap and useless.
You have to read the reviews, expecially the detailed and critical ones.
FrodoBaggins: The reviews aren't great?
What games are you looking at? Both the Syberia games have 4.5 stars out of 5.
phaolo: Total ratings are often crap and useless.
You have to read the reviews, expecially the detailed and critical ones.
Or just spend 1 Buck and form your own Opinion, if I'd listen to reviews I would've skipped a ton of games that I ended up loving.
kotcore: if I'd listen to reviews I would've skipped a ton of games that I ended up loving.
If I hadn't listened to reviews, I would've wasted time & money on crap games. :P
Anyway, I developed a kind of sixth sense, by now XD
Post edited May 29, 2017 by phaolo
phaolo: You have to read the reviews, expecially the detailed and critical ones.
It's what i do most of the times too, since some of them are adressing problems (eg. bad port etc) that other reviewers may not do. Still, i haven't checked out the Syberia reviews since i didn't need to do it anyway, but i'm curious to read some later.

As i said, i consider Syberia as a great game but not only this; i actually hold it dear to my heart as it was the first point & click adventure i was sucked in and actually managed to finish (not being an adventure game fan, made me quit nearly every game i played back then -- thankfully i can appreciate them now that i'm older) thanks to it's lovely characters, locations and atmosphere. Rose-tinted glasses? Maybe. But i can see too many folks share the same feelings about the game.

Anyway, just spend the two bucks and try them; even if you don't like them, well, it's not that they'll burn a hole in your pocket! :P
For a dollar each, the two Syberia games are a steal.
Too bad that apparently Syberia 3...even aside from the Denuvo DRM issue...seems to be a huge letdown in every way. There is a lot wrong with the game that goes beyond technical issues.
FrodoBaggins: The Syberia games are EXCELLENT!
Gripping story, sensational characters, wonderful atmosphere.
Really recommend them. ( :
ciemnogrodzianin: Exactly. One of the best point&click adventures ever created. They have some flaws, but with incredible music and atmosphere both would probably be the best possible way to spend $2 this week.
Do they work on Linux? I see you have that tag, so I'm going to assume you know something about it :)
Pangaea666: Do they work on Linux? I see you have that tag, so I'm going to assume you know something about it :)
I never tried to run them under Linux (I completed both of them years ago), but from quick research I can tell you that:
☞ running Syberia may be a bit tricky (removed DRM protection issue and [url=http://how to solve it]how to solve it[/url])
☞ and Syberia II should run without any problem (Platinum status on WineHQ)
OdanUrr: How are the Syberia games?
Really bad. Style over substance all the way. They even managed to make you walk through "empty" screens a couple of times. Would be far better as a non-interactive TV series.
Ghorpm: It's a good time for my usual post ;)

Ghorpm’s "don’t miss this hidden gem" recommendation

Dracula 3: The Path of the Dragon

For us, gamers, it's pretty obvious that Dracula does exist in this series but the main character, a catholic priest, does not believe in vampires. He is sent to Vladoviste to investigate a life and death of a doctor because local church authorities claim she should be canonized.

As you can imagine he starts to experience a lot of anomalies, people tell him strange stories and he has mysterious dreams...

The best thing is that supernatural is not bluntly thrown at you in this game. Your main task is to analyze numerous documents, talk with different people, search for clues and solve elaborate puzzles. Most of the time our good priest will actually find proofs that vampirism is just a myth but at the same time he will get a feeling that there is something else going on... something elusive... something incredibly well concealed... concealed by a sentient being. And it's teasing him. Teasing to follow this path... the Path of the Dragon...

As much as Dracula 1 and 2 are typical adventure games about human vs vampire struggle the third one is one of the best games I've ever played. I was in awe how marvelous this story was and how well it was told. Puzzles are hard but it gives a lot of satisfaction to solve them. And in a sense - some of them are quite similar to "The Ninth Gate". For example you'll be shown a few copies of the same painting and only by analyzing the differences between them you'll be able to solve some puzzles (trust me, it was not a spoiler, one character will directly explain that you have to do so but she won't give you an actual answer and neither did I so don't worry - I didn't spoil anything)

I can't recommend it strong enough!

TL;DR buy Dracula Trilogy and play Dracula 3: The Path of the Dragon
Yup. I have been waiting for GOG to put the Dracula Trilogy on sale. The Steam version is a bad port that has been modified and abbreviated and has very poor reviews on Steam. They all recommend geting the GOG version and that is what I did. Good value for the trilogy at 2 dollars.
Post edited May 30, 2017 by FireDrakeZ
dudalb: For a dollar each, the two Syberia games are a steal.
Too bad that apparently Syberia 3...even aside from the Denuvo DRM issue...seems to be a huge letdown in every way. There is a lot wrong with the game that goes beyond technical issues.
Microids is whats causing the problem, they removed and added Denuvo back in several times but no GOG release even though Syberia 3 is on Switch, Xbox One, PS4, Mac and even for smart phones. However give them thanks for making Syberia 3 crap, its proving the theory of how Denuvo-protected games are almost always shitty.
Ghorpm: ...Ghorpm’s "don’t miss this hidden gem" recommendation...
I couldn't not notice the lack of any mention of Dracula 4+5. Are they that bad/different?

How are the games connected in the series? Are they just as standalone as Final Fantasy games?

Have you also played Scratches? How similar would you say Dracula 3 and Scratches are?

I ask your opinion about Scratches, because I kept hearing great things about the game, so I decided to checkout a let's play on youtube. And I discovered that it was SOOOO not my thing.
Post edited May 30, 2017 by MadalinStroe
Ghorpm: ...Ghorpm’s "don’t miss this hidden gem" recommendation...
MadalinStroe: I couldn't not notice the lack of any mention of Dracula 4+5. Are they that bad/different?

How are the games connected in the series? Are they just as standalone as Final Fantasy games?

Have you also played Scratches? How similar would you say Dracula 3 and Scratches are?

I ask your opinion about Scratches, because I kept hearing great things about the game, so I decided to checkout a let's play on youtube. And I discovered that it was SOOOO not my thing.
Dracula 1+2 is more or less one story split into two games
Dracula 3 is completely different and incidentally one of the best games ever
Dracula 4+5 should have been released as a single game. Even combined it's short (2.5 h and I finished both of them) and it's the same story. They are not bad but nothing really special. Just an ordinary story about a vampire.

I haven't played Scratches
Ghorpm: Dracula 1+2 is more or less one story split into two games
Dracula 3 is completely different and incidentally one of the best games ever
Dracula 4+5 should have been released as a single game. Even combined it's short (2.5 h and I finished both of them) and it's the same story. They are not bad but nothing really special. Just an ordinary story about a vampire.
And overall how are the three stories(1+2, 3, 4+5) connected? Are they stand alone, presumably having only a character named Dracula in them?

For example Final Fantasy games(FF1, FF2... FF13) are each stand alone games. Some eventually received sequels but they are named accordingly(FF10 & FF10-2, FF13 & FF13-2 & FF13-3).
Post edited May 30, 2017 by MadalinStroe