It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Firewatch, Craft the World, Master of Orion, and more walk the red carpet.

It's Oscars time, baby! The lights, the glamour, the awkward speeches - what's not to like? Ok, yes, there is a distinct lack of interactivity to the whole affair. But that's where video games come in and we sure got plenty of those! Let us then kindly submit this fine selection for your consideration as part of our Weekly sale where all the nominees are up to -85%.

Firewatch is a reflective trip through the mysterious Wyoming wilderness where mid-life anxieties, curious happenings, and the longing for companionship roam. Strong competitor for Best Actor and Actress awards, as well as Cinematography.

Master of Orion is our suggestion for Adapted Screenplay. Taking all the elements of the legendary 4X classic, putting them inside an attractive package and modernizing them for a new audience, is no small feat.

Aquaria won't have much trouble taking home the award for best Music. It's the perfect companion to Naija's underwater adventures through a beautiful world filled with secrets, wonder, and metroidvania challenges.

The Weekly sale ends March 12, 11 PM UTC.
Can't believe Firewatch is still so expensive. I almost had a joke regarding it being the most expensive during the sale but having the least play-time value... but then I saw Crashlands and that went out the window. On that note, Crashlands is great, but seriously that shallow discount has 'tight-arse' written all over it.

edit: sorry, forgot to mention that the dev for Firewatch is a total c*$%, and after reading Barry_Woodward's post about Axiom Verge I suddenly remember the arseholes from Crashlands.
Post edited March 05, 2018 by micktiegs_8
Nothing for me here but I strongly recommend Firewatch. Pretty good Walking SImulator.
micktiegs_8: Can't believe Firewatch is still so expensive. I almost had a joke regarding it being the most expensive during the sale but having the least play-time value... but then I saw Crashlands and that went out the window. On that note, Crashlands is great, but seriously that shallow discount has 'tight-arse' written all over it.

edit: sorry, forgot to mention that the dev for Firewatch is a total c*$%, and after reading Barry_Woodward's post about Axiom Verge I suddenly remember the arseholes from Crashlands.
What did the Crashlands devs do?
micktiegs_8: Can't believe Firewatch is still so expensive. I almost had a joke regarding it being the most expensive during the sale but having the least play-time value... but then I saw Crashlands and that went out the window. On that note, Crashlands is great, but seriously that shallow discount has 'tight-arse' written all over it.

omega64: What did the Crashlands devs do?
I asked about their game coming to GOG in their YouTube release video's comments section. Don't remember the exact wording but basically they suggested I was some dirty pirate. They were absolutely adamant that the game wouldn't come to GOG, and when it did, the whole thing was barely shrugged off as a 'harmless misunderstanding'.
omega64: What did the Crashlands devs do?
micktiegs_8: I asked about their game coming to GOG in their YouTube release video's comments section. Don't remember the exact wording but basically they suggested I was some dirty pirate. They were absolutely adamant that the game wouldn't come to GOG, and when it did, the whole thing was barely shrugged off as a 'harmless misunderstanding'.
I remember something like this vaguely. Wasn't that resolved after people explained that wasn't the case with GOG?
Though I do understand that being the first response would put someone off.
Just two Academy Awards for Blade Runner 2049?!? These bastards. :)
micktiegs_8: I asked about their game coming to GOG in their YouTube release video's comments section. Don't remember the exact wording but basically they suggested I was some dirty pirate. They were absolutely adamant that the game wouldn't come to GOG, and when it did, the whole thing was barely shrugged off as a 'harmless misunderstanding'.
omega64: I remember something like this vaguely. Wasn't that resolved after people explained that wasn't the case with GOG?
Though I do understand that being the first response would put someone off.
I don't know. It's hard to tell if devs really are stubborn pricks glued to those ridiculous notions attached to GOG being DRM free, or if they're genuinely uneducated about such things.

Didn't help with the Steam-boys coming into the discussion and hurling abuse. I switched off after a short while lol.
Vainamoinen: Just two Academy Awards for Blade Runner 2049?!? These bastards. :)
That movie sent me to sleep after the first hour... The story made absolutely no sense to me.
I am surprised it got any nominations at all.
I swear there was a mention about Prodigy tactics in the main story at one time, so I looked into the game, and detached boob armor ftw!

https://images-4.gog.com/188b9ce49e000d9ad9ade3dbee75e797b71912e89613326de7a8755592486455.jpg
Midnight_Wolf: That movie sent me to sleep after the first hour... The story made absolutely no sense to me.
I infected my best friend with it last weekend, herself a fan of the original. It made sense to her immediately. Then again, we both did study literature. There wasn't any doubt about the questions the movie asked of us, though of course we had different answers. Maybe it was just too much for the average moviegoer (no insult intended). Or they expected yet another Joseph Campbell/George Lucasy messiah story, I don't know. It's not often you can get a movie to enter the fanbase's collective head canon immediately and without reservations. Maybe the price of the privilege is commercial failure. But, hey, I was off topic with my original interjection already. :)
Post edited March 05, 2018 by Vainamoinen
Vythonaut: Good morning, the links don't work right now. ;)
The links are fixed now. :)

I swear staff is hiding from us.
Vythonaut: Good morning, the links don't work right now. ;)
drmike: The links are fixed now. :)
I swear staff is hiding from us.
Thanks for the heads up; a little longer and they'd need to rename this promo to "Weekend Sale". :P

Joking aside, this sale serves as a good reminder that i've yet to play that AI War game that i bought back in 2014; i remember i tried it at some point, but it seems that for some reason it didn't grab my attention so i've never actually played it. And i could say the same for Din's Curse too..
This reminds me that I have to try MOO 2016 (got it when it was free I think) to see if I might want the race pack and the collector's edition upgrade. I wanted to "finish" Civ V first but getting the MOO DLCs while on sale is a good incentive to try it before that.

/by finish CIV V I mean playing all races, scenarios, game time, planet type and winning consistently at highest settings.
Vythonaut: Thanks for the heads up;
I didn't mean to quote that directly back to you. I should have removed the post number.

Sorry about that.
This sale in a nutshell: Moo Moo Moo Moo Moo.