It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It’s time for dynamic, immersive fun. This Weekly Sale on GOG.COM is dedicated to exciting platformers and is accompanied by a Publisher Sale featuring some of the best titles from THQ Nordic, a company that celebrates its 10th Anniversary this year. Play games like Adventures of Chris (-80%), Battle Chasers: Nightwar (-75%), and Darksiders Genesis (-67%) before both sales end on 15th November 2021, 2 PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
phaolo: Is Project Warlock's difficulty still excessive?
I'm not much of an FPS addict. I first bought the game when it came out and I stopped playing it on the second level. Too punishing.

Some months ago I decided to give the game a second chance and managed to beat it on "Easy" setting. Except for a couple of Boss fights I had solid fun with it.
low rated
Sure would be nice if THQ finally added Achievements to all of their GOG games that are missing Achievements on GOG.
MarkoH01: Ragnarök is a pretty big expansion with much to offer including new classes (rune master). Atlantis is nice but much much shorter - basically just for fans.
Thanks. Btw reviews about them aren't still too great.. I'll think about it.

karnak1: I'm not much of an FPS addict. I first bought the game when it came out and I stopped playing it on the second level. Too punishing.
Some months ago I decided to give the game a second chance and managed to beat it on "Easy" setting. Except for a couple of Boss fights I had solid fun with it.
I see that various reviews still criticize the limited lives and a difficult boss.
It's absurd you have to restart the entire game in a FPS O_o
I recall that Dark Forces had such system too, but you could just reload saves and play better to conserve lives for the next levels.
ThomNG: Enjoy and have fun with our 10th anniversary sale here on GOG
Bite me. I'm still waiting for the Linux version of Battle Chasers: Night Wars I was promised over four years ago. Then again, your company has officially stated you won't be supporting Linux on gog in general. Thanks for nothing.
ThomNG: Enjoy and have fun with our 10th anniversary sale here on GOG https://www.gog.com/partner/thqnordic!

Make sure to grab you free copy of Outcast 1.1 before the chance is gone again :)
Many thanks developers! I already bought Outcast - Second Contact on an earlier sale, but still had the original wishlisted as I like to revisit calssics. To see a game you had wishlisted drop price by a 100% is a fantastic feeling. Thanks again!
Anime-BlackWolf: Sales page for the THQ sale is incomplete.

The DLCs for "Spongebob" or "Monster Jam Series" are reduced in price, too. Dito "Destroy all Humans" and it's DLC.

Browse with this: https://www.gog.com/games?devpub=thq_nordic_gmbh&page=1&sort=popularity
Wow! That is a HUGE omission. Destroy all Humans is a great remake and a very recent, popular game - it should be on the list.
Funny thing is, that if you look closely on the anniversary sale logo, the alien from that game is right there! On the bottom part the number 0!
Post edited November 08, 2021 by pazZzurro
high rated
ThomNG: Enjoy and have fun with our 10th anniversary sale here on GOG https://www.gog.com/partner/thqnordic!

Make sure to grab you free copy of Outcast 1.1 before the chance is gone again :)
Could you please update the gog version of Book of Unwritten Tales 2? From what I understand, it's been missing this patch since 2015:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/279940/view/2921103526306067992

Congrats. Wish you guys good health and many more happy and successful years. Big thank you for the freebie, and keep them sweet releases and rereleases coming ;). Cheers
There are a few portions that are somewhat tough, but the game never came across as very difficult. I think it's pretty fair. I had trouble in the demo of the second game though.

If you elaborate on the parts you mean are too excessive, I could run the game and test it. :)
Post edited November 08, 2021 by NuffCatnip
NuffCatnip: There are a few portions that are somewhat tough, but the game never came across as very difficult. I think it's pretty fair. I had trouble in the demo of the second game though.

If you elaborate on the parts you mean are too excessive, I could run the game and test it. :)
I'm just reporting what some reviewers say.
It seems they lose all their lives at the "Tank boss", which has been buffed too much.
Also, I'm baffled by the forced game restart..
NuffCatnip: There are a few portions that are somewhat tough, but the game never came across as very difficult. I think it's pretty fair. I had trouble in the demo of the second game though.

phaolo: I'm just reporting what some reviewers say.
It seems they lose all their lives at the "Tank boss", which has been buffed too much.
Ah, okay.
I don't remember the fight against that boss, but I'm sure the difficulty depends on your selected weapons and perks. Some weapons and perks are a litte broken.
Not too helpful, sorry. :/

Edit: I would've looked into the boss fight, but I don't have my save files anymore. :/
Post edited November 08, 2021 by NuffCatnip
phaolo: Also, I'm baffled by the forced game restart..
You aren't forced to start the game from start when you you die. Only if you're playing with Permadeath.
On easier difficulty settings you just restart the stage (including Boss levels).

phaolo: I'm just reporting what some reviewers say.
The claims about the difficulty of the FPS games coming out in the last decade or so are, as always, grossly over-exaggerated. Rest assured, I haven't played an FPS in recent history that was harder than the original Doom or Blood. Especially all these new "retro" shooters tend to:

1) Flood the player with ammo. I am drowning in it the entire time, be it Dusk, Hedon, Project Warlock, Amid Evil or pretty much any other "old school" FPS.

2) Have aversion to durable enemies. Any enemies that take a little effort to kill are instantly yelled at as bullet sponges these days for absolutely no reason. The more years go on, the more grateful I am for enemies like the Baron of Hell in Doom.

3) The most recent thing that seems to be clawing its way into FPS games is an allergy to enemies having hitscan attacks. The most recent example would be Hedon. There is even an enemy that uses the same weapon as you, yet for whatever reason, their bullets are not hitscan, while yours are. I also couldn't believe how many people were complaining about like the 2 enemies that have hitscan attacks in Serious Sam 4.

Rest assured. If you played and finished Blood, Doom or Wolf 3D, there is absolutely no reason to ever worry about difficulty in any of the recent FPS games.
Post edited November 08, 2021 by idbeholdME
Thank you for the nice freebie, THQ Nordic & GOG!
idbeholdME: Rest assured. If you played and finished Blood, Doom or Wolf 3D, there is absolutely no reason to ever worry about difficulty in any of the recent FPS games.
That's an useful comparison, but in all those games I could freely save & reload.
Even the mentioned harder Dark Forces didn't completely end your current game.
Anyway, I'll think about it.. added to cart for now. Thanks

phaolo: Also, I'm baffled by the forced game restart..
karnak1: You aren't forced to start the game from start when you you die. Only if you're playing with Permadeath.
On easier difficulty settings you just restart the stage (including Boss levels).
Umm.. what happens on normal if you end your lives.. you restart the stage with 1?
It's not ideal, but would be better than restarting the game (as some people claim).
Post edited November 08, 2021 by phaolo
Thanks for Outcast 1.1, never played it and was on my wishlist!