It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Stardock's immersive strategies up to 75% off!

Now, who doesn't enjoy a bit of a strategic challenge every once in awhile? Good thing is, you can find it in all sorts of battlegrounds in this <span class="bold">Weekly Sale</span>! It sure awaits you in the wars raging across the fantasy lands of Fallen Enchantress. Just add a strong dash of RPG to your turn-based tactics, customize your units like a proper leader, and you're ready to ruin or rule entire kingdoms.

In space, things are no less chaotic. There are several Galactic Civilizations going at each other's throats and to prevail in this vast sandbox you must be more cunning than the best of them and always stay one step ahead. No pressure.

But strategy is not only needed in war - it's also the backbone of a delicately-balanced, beautifully maintained economy. It's how your Offworld Trading Company manages to dominate the competition and become the most successful business on Mars.

There's more – including Ashes of the Singularity Escalation, Star Control, and Sorcerer King - Rivals – up to 75% off. Plus, stay tuned for new games and deals this Friday!
The <span class="bold">Weekly Sale</span> will last until January 23, 5:00 PM GMT.
micktiegs_8: Sorcerer King: Rivals is out of date since 15 October.
GOG's last version was 27 September.

Some small but effective/needed changes were made in the missing update.
+1
Faithful: Stardock games are only worth purchasing when they release the final version containing all patches and DLC.

They want you to purchase then they put out other version of a game(s) as stand-alone titles with fixes in them.

Really dislike how they milk customers over and over.

Save your money and wait for the final Ultimate version of SD games. Even then give pause and think hard if it is worth your hard earned cash.
So would you rather prefer for SD to go extinct?
(that being said) Which are the the better developers/publhishers of fantasy and/or space themes?
Post edited January 16, 2017 by i_ni
Vythonaut: To put it simple, Rebellion is Trinity with much more ooomph. That means better graphics, new factions (Rebel/Loyalist) for each of the races (Advent, TEC, Vasari), new capital & corvette ships, new "Titan" class ships (think of the definition of massive and multiply it by two), some new scenarios & maps. Oh, and two DLCs.... let's not forget that.

Anyway, Rebellion is a standalone expansion for the Trinity and as it includes all previous stuff, I don't see why someone should choose Trinity anyway (especially now that Rebellion is sold with a big discount).
Thanks for the info!

Do you know if GOG will get patch v1.86 for Rebellion?
Faithful: Stardock games are only worth purchasing when they release the final version containing all patches and DLC.

They want you to purchase then they put out other version of a game(s) as stand-alone titles with fixes in them.

Really dislike how they milk customers over and over.

Save your money and wait for the final Ultimate version of SD games. Even then give pause and think hard if it is worth your hard earned cash.
Any more that could be said for nearly all games.

Other thought: This sale is a perfect example of what I was fearing with this new sale format. I can look at tell that there is nothing I would even look at in this sale. So unless there is some radical departure from what was released today, there is effectively no reason to even check back Friday.
Post edited January 16, 2017 by viranimus

I checked the posts before mine and for some reason I missed this!

IronArcturus: Thanks for the info!

According to the changelog we already have version 1.86
Post edited January 17, 2017 by tremere110

tremere110: I checked the posts before mine and for some reason I missed this!

IronArcturus: Thanks for the info!

tremere110: According to the changelog we already have version 1.86
I saw this changelog in the forum, but it said the latest was v1.85. Was it never updated?
tremere110: I checked the posts before mine and for some reason I missed this!

According to the changelog we already have version 1.86
IronArcturus: I saw this changelog in the forum, but it said the latest was v1.85. Was it never updated?
Looks like the forum post was never updated. The GoG version is indeed 1.86
Nice sale but I already own most of Stardock titles and the discount for the rest are to low to be inticing.

For those who are interested in Stardock games some advice.

Buy only Sorcerer King Rivals since its a standalone that includes the whole content from the base game aka Sorcerer King.

Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion Ultimate Edition is not an ultimate edition since there is one more dlc available next to it.

As for Ashes of the Singularity - buy the Escalation standalone since its a bigger upgrade to the base game but do mind that Stardock did not make the dlc from the base game available for Escalation, at least not yet alhough they did say pre-release that they would migrate the dlc to the expandalone.

As for Offworld Trading Company - if you buy the base game about half of the game will be content locked. So take in to account that you will need to pay another 20€ for maps and campaign that are locked in game. Not including the almanac and sondtrack dlc. Strange though that the dlc is not on sale.
Post edited January 17, 2017 by Matruchus
Matruchus: As for Ashes of the Singularity - buy the Escalation standalone since its a bigger upgrade to the base game but do mind that Stardock did not make the dlc from the base game available for Escalation, at least not yet alhough they did say pre-release that they would migrate the dlc to the expandalone.
I'm curious about how this works since a "standalone expansion" for GalCiv3 will be released soon.

Does Escalation install to the original AotS folder or to a new folder?

Does Escalation include the original campaign(s) from AotS?

Does Escalation include any of the DLC for AotS? If not, will versions compatible with Escalation be issued and provided at no charge to current owners of those DLC? What is the expected time table for this process?
[BUG]
Ashes of the Singularity series and Sorcerer King series are not listed in two discount lists below:
1. https://www.gog.com/games?price=discounted
2. ON SALE in GOG homepage
SeduceMePlz: I'm curious about how this works since a "standalone expansion" for GalCiv3 will be released soon.

Does Escalation install to the original AotS folder or to a new folder?

Does Escalation include the original campaign(s) from AotS?

Does Escalation include any of the DLC for AotS? If not, will versions compatible with Escalation be issued and provided at no charge to current owners of those DLC? What is the expected time table for this process?
It gets a new installation folder and is seen by Stardock as a new game. Same as with Sorcerer King: Rivals and Sorcerer King.

Yes, Escalation includes the original campaign. Best explanation is directly from <span class="bold">Stardock comparison chart</span>. And yeah that bullshit expert version description there only shows how much content the base game aka standard version is missing.

Escalation at this point includes no dlc from Ashes of the Singularity allthough before release of Escalation Stardock said that they will migrate the Ashes dlc to Escalation. As it is now this didn't happen yet. Edit: It seems now that they have the dlc in testing phase for Escalation (looking at steam forum) so it seems its indeed going to happen.
Post edited January 18, 2017 by Matruchus
Matruchus: snip
Thanks for the info. So right now players have to choose between AotS with DLC or Escalation with new features but no DLC? That's awful.

I like Stardock games, but this business model - bare bones release, flood of DLC, standalone expansions - is pushing me away.
Post edited January 18, 2017 by SeduceMePlz
DaKarach: Another Stardock special...at least mix in some other games :P See you next week. Passing as well.
Yep, exactly. Come on, GOG, I've got the whole idea with themes, but diversify a bit. The only "star" game I'm interested in is Stardew Valley ;)
SeduceMePlz: I like Stardock games, but this business model - bare bones release, flood of DLC, standalone expansions - is pushing me away.
Agreed. I played the heck out of GalCiv 2, but I haven't touched 3, seeing how much DLC I'd have to buy to get the same races I have already in the previous game. Expansions are fine, but this is ridiculous.
There are some games I am interested in:
Fallen Enchantress
GalCiv III
Offworld Trading Company
Sins of a Solar Empire
Sorcerer King

Yet I won't buy anything, which is a shame, because these seem to be really nice games.

Three reasons:
1) If I see a game with ten DLCs I won't bother. I will only get it if all DLCs are included or the DLCs do not really add anything to the game (artwork, music, etc., see Crypt of the Necrodancer for an example)
2) No native Linux support and no positive entries on winehq. That means I have no idea whether the game will work for me.
3) Most games are still too expensive, even without DLCs. I will not pay more than ~ 10 € unless I really want to have a game.

Most here are > 15 €, plus DLCs plus the risk of the game not working. No way. Maybe it will be a single package at a sane price at some point, plus some reports on winehq.
Post edited January 20, 2017 by hollunder
hollunder: There are some games I am interested in in principle, yet I won't buy anything. Three reasons:
1) If I see a game with ten DLCs I won't bother. I will only get it if all DLCs are included or the DLCs do not really add anything to the game (artwork, music, etc., see Crypt of the Necrodancer for an example)
2) No native Linux support and no positive entries on winehq. That means I have no idea whether the game will work for me.
3) Most games are still too expensive, even without DLCs. I will not pay more than ~ 10 € unless I really want to have a game.
I have very similar criteria, but I'm under no illusions that anybody cares about Linux. It's still a small part of the whole business with all the consequences. I think it's nice that we receive the support as it is, I've never expected I'd be able to play on Linux so easily.

Regarding DLCs - I also don't like them and on GOG, where we have a lot of old titles in gold/diamond/complete editions. It's really annoying to scroll a long list of DLCs or thinking which one is the standalone product...
Post edited January 20, 2017 by ciemnogrodzianin