It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Some of the best prices ever documented.

It's a special day over here at GOG HQ: we get to see our faces on YouTube! More specifically, inside the awesome Noclip documentary created by Danny O'Dwyer, an intriguing story about who we are, our efforts to preserve gaming's past and future, and our ongoing mission to make all gaming DRM-free.

So do yourselves a favor and go watch it, but not before you check out the special Weekly Sale we put together to celebrate its release!

It features dozens of timeless classics including games that we helped restore: S.W.A.T. 4, Jazz Jackrabbit, Escape from Monkey Island, Forgotten Realms: The Archives (featuring Goldbox classics like Eye of the Beholder), Giants: Citizen Kabuto, Harvester, Outcast, Syndicate, Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura, Theme Park and Theme Hospital, among others.

The Weekly Sale ends July 30, 10 PM UTC.
Great documentary and fantastic footage! I was wondering if No One Lives Forever and Black & White are spoilers of upcoming releases but sadly those were later explained.. As for someone who is not watching telly for almost twenty years, you can make a documentary of that kind on at least weekly basis. There is always something interesting to tell about games we already preserved in our libraries.
muntdefems: Hello, I'm a human being and I don't like change: please bring back the old weekly/weekend sales page format. You know, the ones where you can sort the games by different criteria and where the games you already own appear in a separate list. Thanks.

Also, I'm seeing some nice 0% discounts there. :P
+1 keep games that I own already at the end of the list. Even better bring the sort criteria back, and let ME choose in which way I want to see the game list. Thank you!
Great stuff all around. It's always interesting to get a peek behind the curtain to see how the magic happens. I hope you get those rights to Black and White sorted out sooner or later.
tfishell: I wonder what games they were referring to. We have the Wing Commander games here; were they talking about other FMV games not here yet or would it also include "voice acting" as opposed to actually appearing on camera?

(maybe Ripper b/c that has Christopher Walken and other celebs :P)
PoppyAppletree: Command and Conquer series. That's my bet.
Maybe but those are on Origin.
GOG.com:
Wouldn't it have made more sense if the link under the embedded NoClip video on the promo page linked to the NoClip YouTube channel (or their own website, if there is one), instead of the GOGcom one, which isn't very interesting (unless you want to binge-watch trailers)?
high rated
Lone_Scout: Very interesting documentary. I learned a lot of things, specially that GOG isn't pronounced /gɒg/ :P
It's funny as for example me myself, I say "GeeOGee" if talking in English, but "GOG" if talking in Polish. So we're pretty much ok with both pronunciations :)
Great documentary!
How is that acquisition of Boffo games going? I don't see The Spacebar anywhere yet. ;)
nice. i didn't really know recoding was actually a polish tradition. i guess that makes it acceptable to play around with the exe for the majority. even if i'm not part of that majority and untouched versions work better for me. also, why is escape from monkey more expensive than curse? i can't afford it. by which i mean i'm low on wallet funds. although i believe i have overpaid for games. did that for curse and did that for surgeon sim dlc. which has been pulled. no mention of what is happening with surgeon sim dlc or even a mention of getting a refund. just left in limbo
This documentary is a really interesting view to the work that GOG does.
The part about legal issues and when Marcin Paczynski was talking (DRM removal, manuals, fixing things…) were my favourite parts.

I didn’t know to which point the staff is involved in getting games here. Lots of respect to you and your work guys.

And congratulations to the Noclip crew for their job.
Lone_Scout: Very interesting documentary. I learned a lot of things, specially that GOG isn't pronounced /gɒg/ :P
I typically either go Gee-O-Gee, or just plain Gog. (Rhymes with dog.)
This makes me love you guys/gals even more! Fuck; I would sell my left leg to see CDPR buy out valve, that bloated walrus; newell would sell it in a heartbeat for the right price I'll wager!

Seriously appreciate that you're the solitary AAA company out there with a soul!
GOG.com:
Why does the weekly sale also get this crappy promo page format now?
Please bring back the old promo pages where you can sort games and add them to the basket!
in the documentary at around 2min 40seconds there is this first person view footage shown...

can anyone tell me what game that is...?

it looks as if i know this but i can't put my finger on it...

please if you know the title share it with me...
eiii: ...
This.

Also - fantastic selection of games, a lot of titles from my wishlist, however discounts are not very tempting... I'll consider Harvester from the lowest price shelf.
The documentary was fascinating to watch. I love the insight into what's happening between the scenes. It helps appreciate more the herculean job the GOG team has been doing.