It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

This is definitely a good day for all RPG fans. Firstly, we welcome 7 dungeon crawlers on GOG.COM that will make many nostalgic memories come back to life. Secondly, during this Weekly Sale all those titles and many more RPGs are available with up to 86% discounts lasting until 2nd March 2020, 2 PM UTC.

Note: Legends of Amberland: The Forgotten Crown is available in GOG Connect. To get it, connect your Steam account and add the game to your DRM-free library.
high rated
This is a combined listing of today's "Weekly Sales" + the Unannounced Steel Rats promo...

Titles Discounted for the First Time:
Conglomerate 451 (15% off) - Released Today
Dark Quest 1 & 2 (50% off) - Released Today
Dark Quest 2 Soundtrack [DLC] (50% off) - Released Today
Deep Sky Derelicts: Station Life [DLC] (10% off) - Released 12-Dec-2019
Heroes of the Monkey Tavern (50% off) - Released Today
Knightin'+ (30% off) - Released Today
Legends of Amberland: The Forgotten Crown (25% off) - Released Today
The Quest (50% off) - Released Today
The Quest - Islands of Ice and Fire [DLC] (50% off) - Released Today
The Quest Deluxe Edition [Deluxe] (50% off) - Released Today

Titles Discounted to a New All-Time GoG Low Price:
Book of Demons - Collector's Content [DLC] (75% off vs. 70% off)
Crypt of the NecroDancer: AMPLIFIED [DLC] (80% off vs. 50% off)
Deep Sky Derelicts: New Prospects [DLC] (61% off vs. 30% off)
Exanima (15% off - $0.05 rounding)
Grimoire : Heralds of the Winged Exemplar (50% off vs. 25% off)
Mary Skelter: Nightmares (70% off vs. 60% off)
Moonlighter - Between Dimensions [DLC] (40% off vs. 30% off)
Moonlighter: Complete Edition [Deluxe] (60% off vs. 51% off)
Tangledeep - Dawn of Dragons [DLC] (15% off vs. 14% off - $0.04 rounding)

Titles Discounted for the First Time in 2020:
Deep Sky Derelicts: Station Life [DLC] (10% off) - Released 12-Dec-2019
Exanima (15% off - $0.05 rounding) - Last Discounted 22-May-2016
[Note: Was #2 on the list of titles that have gone the longest without a discount - #1 is Mr. Bree+ which has not seen a discount since 14-Dec-2014. 6 other titles have not been discounted since 2016, two of which are soundtracks]

GoG Sales 2020 Google Doc:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10KmoNbiAYJJxUIrjfCD0yc08L0UwTxzPuqbTpWeZCXM/edit?usp=sharing
Post edited February 24, 2020 by RWarehall
dtgreene: Could you elaborate on this?
Well it depends on what you consider good healing magic...

It has the usual Cure Wounds, Cure Poison, Cure Disease spells. And as an alterative you can gather plants and mix your own potions with similar effects.

As I said - I didn't play it that long, and only on my phone. Against powerful enemies the problem is that one "cure" is one round, and the enemy - if they can - might well do more damage to you in the same turn than you can cure. Which means healing in combat does not work. Running (at least from melee) away also does not work because every one is the same speed. As a melee fighter you basically have to beat every encounter with what you got (buff up before, then pray).
It's a bit different if you play ranged combat, at least in dungeons. Here you can often "disappear" around a corner - enemy pathfinding is almost non-existent - and heal yourself before going back to fight.

To me this system behaviour felt a bit broken - or maybe I'm not getting it.
nightcraw1er.488: Also, what about the rest of the expansions for The Quest? There is 5 or 6 of them (basilisks eye, celtic rift etc.). And will we be getting steam workshop access to any additional content.
Bigs: Interesting to see if the expansions are made available here - technically they're not "DLC" on Steam - but "In game purchases"

Ie - not listed as DLC in the normal way (only Islands of Ice and Fire is) - but bought through a separate menu/page on Steam
IIRC, those other DLC are user-created rather than made / owned by the developer.
Some nice releases there. Too bad I already spent too much last week in a certain another sale...
high rated
Speaking of dungeon crawlers...
I would love to see Dungeon Siege 1, 2 and the expansions pop up, here, some day.
Well, well, what shall I buy now? The Quest? Dark Quest? Or Legend of Amberland?
Why, o lord, why do you torture me with decissions?
I've made my choices for now, but there is still one game I'm not sure about. Legends of Amberland might be a good game, for all I know, but even I, as someone who tells people graphics aren't important, can't overlook the fact that it's the ugliest game I've ever seen post Atari 2600. It looks like it was designed for a GBC or some other extremely low-res device, but then it has text that obviously requires more pixels. I didn't read it this time, but the last time I saw text from this game it was also full of spelling and grammar errors. The game would have to be the greatest ever to compensate for its low-quality media. Is it?
darktjm: I've made my choices for now, but there is still one game I'm not sure about. Legends of Amberland might be a good game, for all I know, but even I, as someone who tells people graphics aren't important, can't overlook the fact that it's the ugliest game I've ever seen post Atari 2600. It looks like it was designed for a GBC or some other extremely low-res device, but then it has text that obviously requires more pixels. I didn't read it this time, but the last time I saw text from this game it was also full of spelling and grammar errors. The game would have to be the greatest ever to compensate for its low-quality media. Is it?
To be honest I'm one of those folks who think the game looks hideous (and I love "dungeon-crawl blobbers") but it seems to have very good rating on steam. According to some reviews it seems to play like a more "casual" version of the early Might & Magic games.
As someone who really loves M&M3, but hasn't got much free time on their hands anymore, I'm willing to play this game, forget about the ugly graphics and relive the old-school feeling without the old-school grind.
Exanima (15% off - $0.05 rounding) - Last Discounted 22-May-2016
[Note: Was #2 on the list of titles that have gone the longest without a discount - #1 is Mr. Bree+ which has not seen a discount since 14-Dec-2014. 6 other titles have not been discounted since 2016, two of which are soundtracks]

I've been waiting a long long time for Exanima to go on sale...today was a good day.
How does Mary Skelter compare to Neptunia? I was pretty disappointed with just about everything in Neptunia.
Cheesewheeljones: I've been waiting a long long time for Exanima to go on sale...today was a good day.
Just out of principle/curiosity, or? €/$2 doesn't really seem worth such a long wait ... XD

Btw, is there a steady progress in the game development or has it stalled? I'm somewhat interested in the game but 5 years "in development" (aka Early Access) doesn't sound that encouraging.
high rated
nightcraw1er.488: Mmm, will you be doing connect from iOS? Just thought I would ask what with all the daft requests recently.

Also, what about the rest of the expansions for The Quest? There is 5 or 6 of them (basilisks eye, celtic rift etc.). Edit: actually 12 expansions! And will we be getting steam workshop access to any additional content.

Why is legend of amberland so expensive?
"Islands of Ice and Fire" is our own expansion. All others are by third parties (basically by Zarista Games).

On mobile it's a historical accident that we release them. There was no other way to do it back then and we'll continue supporting it.

On PC/Mac the Steam Workshop offered the possibility to let them release their expansions by themselves. GOG doesn't have a feature similar to the Workshop so there will be no more expansions coming to GOG.

However, the GOG version can work with any PC expansion, including the Workshop ones. Please see here.

Maxvorstadt: Can someone please tell me what " Non Power of Two texture support" is? Never heard of that and I`m not sure if this feature is supported by my graphics chip.
It's support for arbitrary texture sizes, as opposed to power of two only. It's supported by basically everything which is not very old. :) If your hardware is not older than 10 years, it supports it. (Your HD 3000 should work, no worries.)
Post edited February 25, 2020 by RedshiftGames
high rated
nightcraw1er.488: Mmm, will you be doing connect from iOS? Just thought I would ask what with all the daft requests recently.

Also, what about the rest of the expansions for The Quest? There is 5 or 6 of them (basilisks eye, celtic rift etc.). Edit: actually 12 expansions! And will we be getting steam workshop access to any additional content.

Why is legend of amberland so expensive?
RedshiftGames: "Islands of Ice and Fire" is our own expansion. All others are by third parties (basically by Zarista Games).

On mobile it's a historical accident that we release them. There was no other way to do it back then and we'll continue supporting it.

On PC/Mac the Steam Workshop offered the possibility to let them release their expansions by themselves. GOG doesn't have a feature similar to the Workshop so there will be no more expansions coming to GOG.

However, the GOG version can work with any PC expansion, including the Workshop ones. Please see here.

Maxvorstadt: Can someone please tell me what " Non Power of Two texture support" is? Never heard of that and I`m not sure if this feature is supported by my graphics chip.
RedshiftGames: It's support for arbitrary texture sizes, as opposed to power of two only. It's supported by basically everything which is not very old. :) If your hardware is not older than 10 years, it supports it. (Your HD 3000 should work, no worries.)
Thanks for selling your game on GOG and thanks for taking the time to come here and answer our questions.
I hope your game sells well here.

Whenever possible, please contact GOG so that they can give you a "dev tag". That way you'll be immediately identified as a Developer in these forums.

Thanks, again. :)
RedshiftGames: ...
Big thanks for posting here! I'm glad The Quest finally showed up.
RedshiftGames: "Islands of Ice and Fire" is our own expansion. All others are by third parties (basically by Zarista Games).
Thank you very much for releasing the game here, and for posting this! I was a little on the fence about getting your game, since I won't be able to play it anytime soon, but your post convinced me.

I'd rather play the unified vision of the original developer, than that of a third party developer, who might not adhere to the standard set. So, as far as I'm concerned, GOG has the definitive edition.
Post edited February 25, 2020 by MadalinStroe