It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

If there's something certain in roguelike games, it is the fact that you'll die... a lot.

Roguelike seems like one of the most popular words in gaming recently. While this type of games is not for everyone, we love the procedurally generated levels, the fact you develop your character in an RPG manner, and the challenge coming from permadeath. Let's see what's in store for this week's sale.

Darkest Dungeon (up to -70%) is the perfect example of a roguelike with challenging turn-based gameplay that on top of battles with diabolical monsters adds the Affliction System where your team contends with paranoia, masochism, fear, irrationality, and a host of gameplay-meaningful quirks. SUPERHOT (-60%) is, on the other hand, something completely different - an unexceptional shooter in a roguelike sauce, where time moves only when you move, and one-shot means you'll need to start over. Add to that mix Don't Starve (up to -75%), the uncompromising wilderness survival game full of science and magic, and you'll know what kind of diversity the roguelike genre can bring.

And if you're not in the mood for roguelike games, check out the weekly sale for a selection of hits from Paradox Interactive catalog. Starting with Shadowrun series (up to -75%) that brings tenths of hours of great cRPG gameplay, through Majesty series (-75%) to the classic grand strategy Crusader Kings Complete (-75%).

Both sales on roguelike games and selected Paradox Interactive titles will last till 1PM UTC on September 30.
GOG.com: Weekly Sale: Challenge yourself with this selection of roguelike games up to 90% off
Let's bring this sale(s) to the attention of those who appreciate it...
Post edited September 24, 2019 by BreOl72
high rated
Hamlet DLC has been out since may and they care not one bit to bring it here.

*Moded, excessive use of swear words is not allowed on the forum.
Post edited September 24, 2019 by Ashleee
high rated
1mikey1: Fuck don't starve and fuck klei. Hamlet DLC has been out since may and they care not one bit to bring it here.
Yeah Klei have really gone downhill for treating GOG as 2nd class again. On the other hand from what I've read of Steam reviews of Hamlet, I think I'd be happy to stick with Shipwrecked as the last Don't Starve DLC. It seems to be one of those games where it reaches a peak and then over-extends into becoming more buggy, overdoes the grindiness and generally changes the core gameplay too much from the original in a way that RoG & Shipwrecked didn't. It's still a shame it isn't here for those who want it, but personally I feel it's "complete" with Shipwrecked.
GOG.com: [...] SUPERHOT (-60%) is, on the other hand, something completely different - an unexceptional shooter in a roguelike sauce, where time moves only when you move, and one-shot means you'll need to start over.
Two things:
1. Superhot is not even a roguelite -- not even by the loosest definition. For one thing, having to start the current [very brief] level over from the beginning if you fail is not the same as permadeath.
2. Is unexceptional really the word you were going for there? As in, "literally the only thing that makes this game special is the slowed time mechanic"? ; )
EDIT: Superhot, not Supehot.
Post edited September 24, 2019 by HunchBluntley
high rated
Given that CD Projekt is a Polish company, and their editors may not have English as their first language, this post is still hilarious.

"Starting with Shadowrun series (up to -75%) that brings tenths of hours of great cRPG gameplay"

So glad I'll be getting at least 12 minutes of gameplay out of this purchase.
1mikey1: Fuck don't starve and fuck klei. Hamlet DLC has been out since may and they care not one bit to bring it here.
Guess they became scared of DRM-free suddenly?
AB2012: Yeah Klei have really gone downhill for treating GOG as 2nd class again. On the other hand from what I've read of Steam reviews of Hamlet, I think I'd be happy to stick with Shipwrecked as the last Don't Starve DLC. It seems to be one of those games where it reaches a peak and then over-extends into becoming more buggy, overdoes the grindiness and generally changes the core gameplay too much from the original in a way that RoG & Shipwrecked didn't. It's still a shame it isn't here for those who want it, but personally I feel it's "complete" with Shipwrecked.
Are they keeping the base game on GOG up to date with the Steam version? This is the only game of the sale that really tempted me (it looks like what would happen if Tim Burton made Animal Crossing or Harvest Moon lol), but if they're going to neglect the GOG version altogether, I may have to pass.
drloon: Given that CD Projekt is a Polish company, and their editors may not have English as their first language, this post is still hilarious.

"Starting with Shadowrun series (up to -75%) that brings tenths of hours of great cRPG gameplay"

So glad I'll be getting at least 12 minutes of gameplay out of this purchase.
Lmao
ChristianChicken: Are they keeping the base game on GOG up to date with the Steam version? This is the only game of the sale that really tempted me (it looks like what would happen if Tim Burton made Animal Crossing or Harvest Moon lol), but if they're going to neglect the GOG version altogether, I may have to pass.
According to this, the Windows & Mac builds seem updated (to the newest non-Hamlet build?) although the Linux version is lagging behind.
So is the Don't Starve Alone Pack a good deal or not?
Looks like they are late with updates on GOG, but they do arrive, right?
drloon: Given that CD Projekt is a Polish company, and their editors may not have English as their first language, this post is still hilarious.
The problem is, GOG has employed people to write marketing blurbs in the past who -- while not perfect -- made scarcely more errors than a lot of native English speakers do these days (including those tasked with writing public-facing marketing or PR copy, unfortunately). But they apparently canned a bunch of employees in a fit of cost-cutting sometime in the last year, and it seems like among those let go (or reassigned to other tasks) were whoever used to write stuff for release posts, etc. (or the most English-proficient of them, at least).
I wish there was a demo for Tangledeep. It looks like something I might enjoy but roguelikes can be very hit-or-miss for me. Unfortunately, googling for one I only came across the games' early build on their Kickstarter page, and that link seems to be long dead now.
Mr.Mumbles: I wish there was a demo for Tangledeep. It looks like something I might enjoy but roguelikes can be very hit-or-miss for me. Unfortunately, googling for one I only came across the games' early build on their Kickstarter page, and that link seems to be long dead now.
I have it on steam. Havent played it much, but from what i have it feels very much more like a SNES era RPG to me than a proper roguelike. That said, its very well done.

No idea if that helps.
Post edited September 24, 2019 by Sachys
Mr.Mumbles: I wish there was a demo for Tangledeep. It looks like something I might enjoy but roguelikes can be very hit-or-miss for me. Unfortunately, googling for one I only came across the games' early build on their Kickstarter page, and that link seems to be long dead now.
It's even more amazing with Legend of Shara...
Sachys: I have it on steam. Havent played it much, but from what i have it feels very much more like a SNES era RPG to me than a proper roguelike. That said, its very well done.

No idea if that helps.
Well said. I would say it's hybrid RPG and roguelike just like Hero's Quest is hybrid adventure and RPG.
Post edited September 24, 2019 by BeatriceElysia