It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It almost feels like yesterday! 20 years ago, a fantasy turn-based strategy game series from Triumph Studios was born. After all this time, the original Age of Wonders still stands the test of time. It also spawned three sequels, the last of which, Age of Wonders: Planetfall, take us off the fantasy ground and leads into space and sci-fi genre.

To celebrate Age of Wonders’ 20th birthday we decided to give you a week of discounts. Games and DLCs from Age of Wonders series are now available on GOG.COM DRM-free with up to -80% off. The promo will last until 26th November 2019, 2 pm UTC.
high rated
Can we get Age of Wonders 3's Mac and Linux builds here already? :/
o.0 fifth of a century already?

Great game, and with one of the best game menus out there
Gengar78: Can we get Age of Wonders 3's Mac and Linux builds here already? :/
And have actual real LAN/direct-connect play in AOW3 and Planetfall?
Cool! Let me know when the Mac and LInux builds of AoW3 come and I'll be happy to check it out.
The original is still my favorite. Three was also very good, especially the necromancer DLC.
Checks AoW3 discounts
Did they even change from the previous sales? O_o
Post edited November 20, 2019 by phaolo
There is only 3 AoW games: AoW1, AoW2 The Wizard Throne and AoW2.5 Shadow Magic.

The fact that some game series still lives doesn't mean automatically that this series still deserves to live (q.v. HoMM).
Well, I guess since we can't celebrate 20 years of Age of Empires on GOG, this makes perfect sense! :)

Age of Wonders is a great series though, if anyone wants to dive into it. Very accessible and fun.
Warlirr: There is only 3 AoW games: AoW1, AoW2 The Wizard Throne and AoW2.5 Shadow Magic.

The fact that some game series still lives doesn't mean automatically that this series still deserves to live (q.v. HoMM).
So AoW3 and AoW Planetfall are the apocrypha of the series now?
I would have liked to celebrate playing the first but on my W10 it will crash every time I alt-TAB. I would recommend to be sure it runs correctly on your machine before getting it!
The old AoW games are good strategy games, grab them when you do not already own them. You get complete games with extras included at a low price, especially with the current discounts. And they even run on Linux.
Post edited November 20, 2019 by eiii
Aaahhh, those memories. With Age of Wonders 3 GOG started implementing regional pricing in 2014.
high rated
Titles Discounted for the First Time:
Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Premium Edition [Deluxe] (33% off) - Released 19-Feb-2019

Titles Discounted to a New All-Time GoG Low Price:
Age of Wonders: Planetfall (33% off vs. 10%)
Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Deluxe Edition [Deluxe] (33% off vs. 10%)

GoG Sales 2019 Google Doc:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RtI0Mpg1jjnM66q-02Y56-u5jcGT3YDKn6-5WsLwC6k/edit?usp=sharing
GOG.com: It also spawned three sequels
Four. It spawned four sequels. There are five games in the series.
Gengar78: Can we get Age of Wonders 3's Mac and Linux builds here already? :/
And Mac/Linux builds of Planetfall.
Warlirr: There is only 3 AoW games: AoW1, AoW2 The Wizard Throne and AoW2.5 Shadow Magic.
Hmm, no, AoW 3 is pretty great and I spent more time playing that than any of the others (good though they are). Even if I did have to get it on Steam.