It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Are they friendly or do you have to get ready for a grand extraterrestrial threat? This Weekend Sale on GOG.COM is dedicated to games featuring aliens and has come to this world with discounts reaching 87% off.

Get titles like Galactic Civilizations III Ultimate Edition (-65%), Phoenix Point: Year One Edition (-50%), and Dead Space (-75%) before this sale leaves Earth on 19th July 2021, 1 PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
high rated
20210716 | Weekend Sale (newsletter)

• $0.79 • -80% • UFO: Aftermath
• $0.79 • -80% • UFO: Aftershock
• $1.19 • -80% • Alien Breed + Tower Assault
• $1.19 • -80% • Galactic Assault: Prisoner of Power
• $1.94 • -87% • Infested Planet
• $1.99 • -80% • Nexus: The Jupiter Incident
• $2.09 • -65% • Alien Rampage
• $2.99 • -41% • Purple Saturn Day
• $3.49 • -50% • Retro Classix: SRD - Super Real Darwin
• $3.74 • -75% • Cryptark
• $3.89 • -36% • Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold
• $3.89 • -36% • Blake Stone: Planet Strike
• $3.99 • -80% • Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon - Da Orks
• $4.19 • -40% • Altered Destiny
• $4.19 • -40% • Psi 5 Trading Company
• $4.68 • -33% • Slordax: The Unknown Enemy
• $4.68 • -33% • XF5700 Mantis Experimental Fighter
• $4.99 • -75% • Crysis
• $4.99 • -75% • Crysis Warhead
• $4.99 • -75% • Dead Space
• $4.99 • -50% • Galactic Civilizations I: Ultimate Edition
• $4.99 • -75% • PLANET ALPHA
• $5.35 • -33% • Planet's Edge: The Point of no Return
• $6.24 • -75% • PLANET ALPHA Digital Deluxe
• $6.24 • -75% • Xenonauts
• $6.49 • -35% • Advent Rising
• $6.69 • -33% • Corridor 7: Alien Invasion
• $7.49 • -75% • Genesis Alpha One Deluxe Edition
• $7.99 • -80% • Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon
• $9.59 • -76% • Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War
• $9.99 • -50% • Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition
• $10.04 • -33% • Phoenix Point: Year One Edition Expansion Pass
• $12.49 • -50% • Galactic Civilizations III
• $12.74 • -15% • Viscerafest
• $13.49 • -55% • Star Control: Origins
• $13.99 • -30% • Xeno Crisis
• $14.99 • -50% • INSOMNIA: The Ark
• $14.99 • -50% • Interstellar Space: Genesis
• $17.35 • -65% • Star Control: Origins - Galactic Edition
• $24.99 • -50% • Phoenix Point: Year One Edition
• $34.82 • -65% • Galactic Civilizations III: Ultimate Edition
GOG.com: (...) GOG.COM is dedicated to games featuring aliens and has come to this world with discounts reaching 87% off.
Do you know what other game is full of aliens? MASS EFFECT!
According to the reviews Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon has a rather low turn limit for the campaign missions. Does anyone know if Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon - Da Orks also has such a turn limit?
the comments under the Eric Cahi news don't work and also to the Paper Beast game doesn't go to the gamecard
Xenonauts is a terrific X-Com clone which fixes all design problems with the original UFO / X-Com: TFtD.

Also Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold is marked as macos compatible but actually is not (at least not with 64 bit versions).
Thoughts on Phoenix Point?
@toxicTom

Buy it once discounts hit 70-80%%. They made enough money with the Epic exclusive deal - no reason to buy this shallow game for full price / on this sale. Too much for too few. It's not even close to XCom / XCom². (get those instead :) )
igrok: Also Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold is marked as macos compatible but actually is not (at least not with 64 bit versions).
Well, it's a DOS game, so even if the included DOSBox isn't 64-bit for some reason, you can 64-bitify it yourself easily enough.
I just noticed that we finally have a Galactic Civilization 3 Ultimate Edition aka Complete. Cooool!
chew-ie: @toxicTom

Buy it once discounts hit 70-80%%. They made enough money with the Epic exclusive deal - no reason to buy this shallow game for full price / on this sale. Too much for too few. It's not even close to XCom / XCom². (get those instead :) )
Ta, so sticking to X-Com is better. The reviews are not exactly raving either.
Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon is worthless without the Community Update , since all major mods are based on it .
DD & Ji Ji: Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon is worthless without the Community Update , since all major mods are based on it .
Not sure if the Community Update works with the GOG version.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=93072
toxicTom: Thoughts on Phoenix Point?
I've only played a few of the early missions due to some compatibility issues and the ongoing force majeure that disrupted my entertainment schedule, but my initial assessment is that the game mechanics feel a bit stale due to the preponderance of XCOM clones but the setting and some of the unit tactics offer a fresh take on the subject. It draws heavily from HP Lovecraft and Terror From The Deep and, like Altar's UFO series, seeks to extend rather than remake or refresh the formula.

Like Phantom Doctrine (which I really enjoyed), I'd say that it's worth a look if you have an existing appreciation for this type of game but it probably won't sway any newcomers.

For what it's worth, the developer seems to be pretty responsive to player feedback. I got them to fix some Windows 7 compatibility issues, and can confirm that it works on older OSes.
Post edited July 18, 2021 by NovusBogus
NovusBogus: It draws heavily from HP Lovecraft and Terror From The Deep and, like Altar's UFO series, seeks to extend rather than remake or refresh the formula.
Hmm... I really <3 Lovecraft and TftD.