It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Are they friendly or do you have to get ready for a grand extraterrestrial threat? This Weekend Sale on GOG.COM is dedicated to games featuring aliens and has come to this world with discounts reaching 87% off.

Get titles like Galactic Civilizations III Ultimate Edition (-65%), Phoenix Point: Year One Edition (-50%), and Dead Space (-75%) before this sale leaves Earth on 19th July 2021, 1 PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
OP_2021: Not sure if the Community Update works with the GOG version.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=93072
As i wrote it's not working .
OP_2021: Not sure if the Community Update works with the GOG version.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=93072
DD & Ji Ji: As i wrote it's not working .
Sorry, I misread your sentence.
OP_2021: Sorry, I misread your sentence.
It's ok . =)
• $24.99 • -50% • Phoenix Point: Year One Edition
good game get this one mates
toxicTom: Thoughts on Phoenix Point?
best ufo game ever
chew-ie: @toxicTom

Buy it once discounts hit 70-80%%. They made enough money with the Epic exclusive deal - no reason to buy this shallow game for full price / on this sale. Too much for too few. It's not even close to XCom / XCom². (get those instead :) )
you are just a hater on epic and angry they accepted their deal
Post edited July 18, 2021 by Orkhepaj
Orkhepaj: good game get this one mates best ufo game ever
Are you sure about that ?
DD & Ji Ji: Are you sure about that ?
yes
which one would be better? the load if your random 95% shots miss with more and more ridiculous enemies game?
Post edited July 18, 2021 by Orkhepaj
DD & Ji Ji: Are you sure about that ?
Isn't it technically about Unknown Swimming Objects? XD
toxicTom: Thoughts on Phoenix Point?
From the 15 hours I've played (before I got distracted by other games - whoopsie!) I actually quite enjoyed it. Sure, some of the environment and mission types may be slightly repetitive, but its vastly superior combat gameplay makes up for it. No more silly RNG misses at point blank range and other nonsense. Instead you actually get to aim FPS-style with each shot. The player gets to see what their chance to hit is versus ye olde nebulous percentages. This free-style aim also allows the player to actually shoot through walls (with punchier guns) at an enemy without even having direct line of sight. In addition, you can actually cripple enemies' limbs, i.e. blowing legs off to massively slow them down or disable their weapon arm.

That said, it's a much slower game than the Nu-XCOMs, so a full campaign has a pretty sizeable time investment. Overall presentation is also a bit rougher without much of any slick cutscenes and sparse voiceover. It's definitely a bit more text-heavy in regards to its exposition.
Post edited July 18, 2021 by Mr.Mumbles