It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I mean. Pathfinder is on sale. So…

Do you enjoy playing good games? How much? Very much?! Then rejoice, the Deep Silver Weekend was made for you.

To start the Deep Silver Weekend with a bang, we're adding more Deep Silver games to GOG.COM, such as Outward (-40%), Killer is Dead (-80%), and the Animation Arts Collection (-80%) that includes the Secret Files series (-66%) and the Lost Horizon series (up to -75%).

That's not all yet! Pathfinder: Kingmaker, one of the most celebrated RPGs of the last few years is now available up to 50% off. Build your character, gather your party and go on an adventure.

Feeling like having a piraty weekend? Take a look at the Risen series (-75%) and wield your sword, your ship, and your pirate magic. It’s a thing, I swear.

Well, your luck just can’t stop. Metro 2033 Redux and Metro: Last Light are also both available at -75% AND they have just been enhanced with the addition of achievements.

The Deep Silver Weekend ends on October 28th at 2 PM UTC.
Strangely for the Animation Arts collection Preston Sterling and the Legend of Excalibur wasn't included. I know this game came out after the Animation Arts collection was released but as it's their last adventure to date seems odd not to add it.
low rated
argamasa: When i was a kid my mother cleaning my room also threw the boxes of The Secret of Monkey and Indianaa Jones Last Crusader and others and i still keep the floppies and codes papers and some manuals. Instead others as Sam&Max or the Beauty and the Best survive. Mothers!!

How much money to buy them again!
Those big boxed classics are expensive second hand. And the longer you wait...
Just look it up on ebay - crappy condition* is usually cheaper than "still sealed" (rare!).
If she's still alive... your mother should pay for it (I know, good luck convincing ;-) )

*I consider only the installation medium without anything else the crappiest condition.
teceem: Those big boxed classics are expensive second hand. And the longer you wait...
Just look it up on ebay - crappy condition* is usually cheaper than "still sealed" (rare!).
If she's still alive... your mother should pay for it (I know, good luck convincing ;-) )

*I consider only the installation medium without anything else the crappiest condition.
Yeah, :) i got angry years ago for this!

Nowadays buy these games is a crazy by the prices people pay. And never will be my old games.

Strange which games survive and which ones not to the "inquisition".
Post edited October 26, 2019 by argamasa
Outward looks good, sounds good, even features cross-platform multiplayer.

But this:

Constant auto-saving means you must live with your decisions
Seems a bit of a bummer. Does this mean one single save slot, and no control over saving?
kai2: Outward is an ok indie action RPG with light survival elements, but after a few hours...

... it felt like a quite barren and lonely experience.

IMHO Outward just isn't very engaging solo. I played solo for 6 or 7 hours and then just had enough... cold to the experience. Now, if you are interested in playing co-op, I can see the game being much more interesting... but even then -- as much as I hate to say this -- I would probably wait for the game to be even cheaper.
Niggles: What do you mean not very engaging?.
After a few hours the experience simply lost my engagement... or interest.

My experience with Outward (which I still own BTW)...

The first few hours had a lot of new places and learning of systems -- survival, combat, etc. -- but after about 5 hours the combat, basic story, and barren maps just didn't feel enough to keep me involved. At around 7 hours I found a new area... and then promptly stopped playing. It wasn't that the experience was broken or horrible... just that it "ran out of gas."

Is Outward a bad game? No... but it felt a lonely experience (possibly build this way to promote co-op?) and not very rewarding. IMHO for the current price, the experience just is over-priced.

But...

... go to Steam and you'll find people claiming it's one of the best RPGs ever made. So, there's that

ConsulCaesar: Outward looks good, sounds good, even features cross-platform multiplayer.

But this:

Constant auto-saving means you must live with your decisions
ConsulCaesar: Seems a bit of a bummer. Does this mean one single save slot, and no control over saving?
I don't rightly remember (I played the day of launch), but...

... I think it's the case. Outward is very much about punishing a lack of planning or taking undue chances. That being said...

... on PC there might be a mod for additional save slots.
Post edited October 27, 2019 by kai2
I don't get the low rating for KiD. The gameplay itself actually pretty basic, just wrapped in typical bizarre SUDA51-flavour. The game can be hard but never unfair. You still have lots of consumables, power-ups, upgrades, and the difficulty can be adjusted before each mission. I really appreciate the effort that the developer put in the game. Let's say if the game is released in 2019 i'm sure there will be tons of microstransaction.
Niggles: What do you mean not very engaging?.
kai2: After a few hours the experience simply lost my engagement... or interest.

The first few hours had a lot of new places and learning of systems -- survival, combat, etc. -- but after about 5 hours the combat, basic story, and barren maps just didn't feel enough to keep me involved. At around 7 hours I found a new area... and then promptly stopped playing. It wasn't that the experience was broken or horrible... just that it "ran out of gas."

Is Outward a bad game? No... but it felt a lonely experience (possibly build this way to promote co-op?) and not very rewarding. IMHO for the current price, the experience just is over-priced.

But...

... go to Steam and you'll find people claiming it's one of the best RPGs ever made. So, there's that
That sounds somewhat familiar ;o)
wormholewizards: I don't get the low rating for KiD. The gameplay itself actually pretty basic, just wrapped in typical bizarre SUDA51-flavour. The game can be hard but never unfair. You still have lots of consumables, power-ups, upgrades, and the difficulty can be adjusted before each mission. I really appreciate the effort that the developer put in the game. Let's say if the game is released in 2019 i'm sure there will be tons of microstransaction.
Low rating? It is mostly positive on Steam.
Quick question: Which game would you recommend to play first, for someone who eventually might play both of them: Pillars of Eternity or Pathfinder?

Also, which game gives you more bang for your buck? And if you consider including all the expansions?

Are the expansions for Pillars of Eternity a must? And for Pathfinder?
Carradice: Quick question: Which game would you recommend to play first, for someone who eventually might play both of them: Pillars of Eternity or Pathfinder?

Also, which game gives you more bang for your buck? And if you consider including all the expansions?

Are the expansions for Pillars of Eternity a must? And for Pathfinder?
Pillars is shorter so I'd play that first. I don't know about other people but I have over 140 hrs in Pathfinder and still am barely in the middle... (sorry for my crappy english btw) Haven't tried any of the expansions for Pathfinder yet. But I really recommend The White March I and II expansions for playing PoE.
I like both games, but I like PoE's tone, lore and presentation better. Pathfinder has a narrator that I would like to strangle some time, in addition to Valerie, so. I'm sure both games have hateable characters but I ended up loving all in PoE (even Durance).
Hope this is somewhat useful to you D:
Really cool to have Killer is Dead on here, really makes me wish for more Suda 51 games on pc like Killer7, Shadows of the Damned and Lollipop Chainsaw
is that Animation Arts Collection pack good? I haven't played any of those Secret files games.
kai2: After a few hours the experience simply lost my engagement... or interest.

But...

nightcraw1er.488: That sounds somewhat familiar ;o)
Yes, but Outward takes it to a whole other level from the earlier game we discussed.
XYCat: is that Animation Arts Collection pack good? I haven't played any of those Secret files games.
I began with Sam Peters (which is kind of a spin-off of the secret files series, and very short, maybe 4 hours I would guess)

Currently I am playing Tunguska for the first time which seems to be quite long.
Many different locations, quite linear, not very dialogue-heavy, lots of inventory puzzles, good story, sometimes you can switch between two characters at different locations, German audio is very good (many well-known dubbing actors), very convenient interface and controls.

From the one and a half games I have already completed, I would say they are above average. Maybe a 7 or 8 out of 10. Not groundbreaking must-haves like the genre classics, but certainly enjoyable if you are into point-and-click-adventures.
wormholewizards: I don't get the low rating for KiD. The gameplay itself actually pretty basic, just wrapped in typical bizarre SUDA51-flavour. The game can be hard but never unfair. You still have lots of consumables, power-ups, upgrades, and the difficulty can be adjusted before each mission. I really appreciate the effort that the developer put in the game. Let's say if the game is released in 2019 i'm sure there will be tons of microstransaction.
MarkoH01: Low rating? It is mostly positive on Steam.
To be fair...76% positive isn't a great rating even if they call that "mostly positive". The average rating of a Steam game is 78.69%. That's like saying a 3.5 star rating on GoG is also "mostly positive".
Post edited October 28, 2019 by RWarehall