It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Bethesda Publisher Sale

Swords and sorcery, chainsaws and demon guts, madness and Lovecraft. All iconic duos in their own way. A wealth of experiences lay within the Bethesda library, boasting some of the most influential modern day games. Whether it’s the sprawling worlds of Fallout or Elder Scrolls, or the tight blood-drenched Mars bases of Doom, it’s hard to overlook the quality of depth Bethesda has under their name.

This weekend’s sale is all about celebrating those great games. Naturally, by celebration, we mean a sale. Explore the rich history of the Fallout series with Fallout & Fallout 2, both with 75% off. From its isometric past to its modern first-person view, Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition paved the way for the series in the modern age.

Role-playing isn’t restricted to the post-apocalyptic world. The highly celebrated entries in the Elder Scrolls series are also part of the sale. Two games that defined their respective generations, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Game of the Year Edition Deluxe and The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind GOTY Edition, are both 50% off.

As for a taste of the old-school, Doom II + Final Doom, Return To Castle Wolfenstein and the Quake series are all included in the weekend sale.

Oh, and the return of Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth, complete with a 50% discount.

The sale ends August 20th, 10pm UTC.
Eh... I've never owned Morrowind on PC. That's a sweet price for a DRM free version, not sure if I'll ever get around to playing it, but I picked it up. Grabbed Call of Cthulhu as well.

I have very fond memories of the original Quake. I remember my friends and I being blown away playing a fully 3D shooter that didn't use any sprites (OMG we can actually walk all the way around that dead body). Think I'll pass, though. Well, maybe think it over the next day or so...
GOG, are you ever going to get the original Doom 3 + ROE? :/
I've still got the boxed versions of New Vegas and Oblivion, but hey, couldn't resist buying them again here with the discount and all the DLC included. Now I'll be trawling through Nexus mods for the latest versions of all the sweet add-ons I used to have, or others that catch my fancy.
HeathGCF: I've still got the boxed versions of New Vegas and Oblivion, but hey, couldn't resist buying them again here with the discount and all the DLC included.
If I remember correctly, GOG version is superior because of included fixes for modern OS and PC configurations. GOG versions work from the box while other versions require installation of those fixes.
HunchBluntley: If it were, do you really think they would have set the full price at $4.99 U.S.? ;)
MaxFulvus: That's means nothing for me. RTCW is $4,99 too and it is fully playable !
Return to Castle Wolfenstein is actually $5.99 (full price), and was $9.99 when it arrived here. :)
All I meant was that I wouldn't expect Bethesda, of all companies, to have started off with such a generous price point (nor expected GOG to have recommended it) if it was patched up 100%, being that it seems to have become a cult [no pun intended] classic.
I never knew Call of Cthulhu was Bethesda-published, and I've hardly known of the game anyway. It looks like one of the weird shooters I always find myself drawn to. And Adam has a Linux-wrapper for it! Is the game any good?
Random_Coffee: I never knew Call of Cthulhu was Bethesda-published, and I've hardly known of the game anyway. It looks like one of the weird shooters I always find myself drawn to. And Adam has a Linux-wrapper for it! Is the game any good?
Best of H.P. Lovecraft based games with superb atmosphere.
Thank you for bringing back Dark Corners of the Earth, GOG. Finding it in my wishlist today was a nice surprise.

It would be great to see the return of Death Gate (and anything more from Legend Entertainment), but Cthulhu and the Bethesda sale will keep me busy for a while. :)
Hehe, I have been ranting about Heretic and Hexen for months now. I hope all parties involved can finally get a sensible agreement and publish those jewels here.

I'll go mad otherwise. Seriously. I NEED them, but I find vapour most unpleasant. GOG, work you magic: you have solved harder situations, you can do it.
And again I see my owned games marked as not owned in a Bethesda sale...
high rated
Random_Coffee: I never knew Call of Cthulhu was Bethesda-published, and I've hardly known of the game anyway. It looks like one of the weird shooters I always find myself drawn to. And Adam has a Linux-wrapper for it! Is the game any good?
It's one of my all time favourite games. As I said in the review I posted for it, it's worth it for the hotel chase sequence alone.

True. it doesn't save your progress as you go, and there's no auto aim feature. But this is what games used to be like, you took risks between each save point. The bugs in it might annoy you, but you do forgive it for them because it is such a good game.

It's good to see this game back on GOG. I nabbed it quickly the first time before they removed it.

I wonder how they sorted the problem out with the mod fix issue. Is it the same version that I initially downloaded? Or did they remove the offending fixes?

Oh, and they need to add a video to the screenshots on its product page.
Ganni1987: If you can tolerate installing Steam once, I'd say get the original one there...
Not even a need to do that if you go poking around the Doom forum here on GOG.
Still feels funny (in a not funny way) to see the older Fallout titles on sale as not owning them...

And very nice to see the return of Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth; hopefully it's for good this time.
Wake me up when Skyrim, Dishonored, or Fallout 4 arrives. I already have what I want from the currently available Bethesda catalog.
ReynardFox: FFS GOG, not this again.

Don't do these sales with a giant ass publisher banner if they don't have any new fucking games.

God dammit I actually got excited.
I disagree with the "don't do a banner" for sales, but I don't think it's worth arguing over.

However I am curious what Bethesda games you want to be able to buy on GOG.

tfishell: Very cool and glad to see CoC back. :) Still need the original Doom 3 + RoE though (amongst other Beth games still not here, of course).
Ganni1987: If you can tolerate installing Steam once, I'd say get the original one there and use the Open Source port: https://github.com/dhewm/dhewm3
Thanks for the tip. I'm not in any hurry so I'll wait for GOG.
Post edited August 18, 2018 by tfishell