It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Which games are keeping you company this weekend?

There are silent protagonists and chatty ones. Some go for the growly, menacing approach, others sound much more chipper, and once in awhile you might get the occasional dial-tone. But it is also not uncommon for a secondary character or even the villain to steal the show when well-performed, engaging banter is concerned. Do you have any favorites? Male, female, demons, dragons, corporeal narrators - they all count, as long as they have a voice!

Surely you've got some gaming planned for this weekend, too. Go on, share your Weekend Playlist with us. It can include single-player games, multiplayer games, console exclusives, anything - we are not judging. In fact, we are sharing too!

Looking for some additional inspiration? The GOG.com releases of the week might help:

- You can try and prevent magical catastrophes while traversing the strangely familiar fantasy world of <span class="bold">Zenith</span>.
- You can feel burly, hairy, and incredibly deadly while you're planning your next move in <span class="bold">We Are the Dwarves</span>.
- You can navigate an urban jungle of glass and shiny metal, trying to maintain your balance while running right across the <span class="bold">Mirror's Edge&trade;</span>.
- You can breed a whole culture of oddly shaped creatures and send them out to conquer space in the <span class="bold">SPORE&trade; Collection</span>.
- You can take your revenge from the Nazi oppressors and hit them where it hurts as <span class="bold">The Saboteur&trade;</span>.
- You can scratch your square chin, trying to make the decisions that Gotham City needs, as the <span class="bold">Batman</span>.
- You can try and replace or bring down a tyrannical spellcaster in <span class="bold">Sorcerer King - Rivals</span>.

So, GOGrunners, what are you playing this weekend?
Playing: Probably nothing.

Best voice (I can think of) in gaming: Bastion's Logan Cunningham. Phenomenal.
Currently....

Slain: Back From Hell

We have a 24 hour charity stream starting on Saturday and I've chosen this game to play. We of us are taking a few hours each in our group to stream for the full 24 hours together...so we can all still get rest and stuff.

...why not, since I mentioned it...

Crowdrise link ( donating towards The Pelvic Pain Society )

Channel we'll be using together for anyone that wants to take a look tomorrow. We're still setting things up.
easy, Gwent ' )
It's not here yet, but soon. Best voices are in Oblivion.
This weekend I'll probably be making a game rather than playing one. Trying to learn GameMaker Studio.

As for voice acting, my personal favourite is Tim Curry as the god Stratos in Sacrifice.
Replaying Assassin's Creed. This time as a completionist, getting all flags and doing all investigations :D

Also, have just started playing Neverwinter Nights 2 for the 1st time. I'm a Drow Ranger, will try to become an Arcane Archer, but I might need to check some builds or tips online. My DnD knowledge is extremely limited, literally everything I know about it is from from Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale, and this game is very, very different :)

Might play Jade Empire as well, but not sure. Installed it yesterday though.

Best voice? Well, two I can think of are Jennifer Hale as FemShep (Mass Effect), and Claudia Black as Morrigan (Dragon Age). But I think all, or almost all of BioWare's voice actors are very good. But these 2 are my favourites.
No specific game planned for this weekend - I'm going through an ArcheAge phase again, and an MMO eats up pretty much all of one's gaming time. :)

Voice acting can make or break a game for me, it's one of the aspects I pay the most attention to. As a result, I do have a LOT of favourites, so it's hard to pick just one. Liam O'Brien and Yuri Lowenthal spring to mind - their most memorable roles for me would be Grimoire Weiss from NIER and Gig from Soul Nomad and the World Eaters, respectively.

There is one vocal performance that has never left me, though - a brilliant, albeit very unconventional one. In the voiced version of Quest for Glory 4: Shadows of Darkness, all the descriptions are fully narrated, and by none other than John Rhys Davies. He called this gig "the script from Hell", because there were so many lines to voice (over 3000, if memory serves) - and every single one is superb, perfectly marrying dark humour with an omnipresent sense eeriness and gravitas. I would definitely recommend playing QfG4 even just to experience this narration - chances are you own it already, since the Quest for Glory collection has been in so many bundles. :)
I'm getting sort of close-ish to the end of Breath of Fire, so I'll probably play that a bit. I also was playing Spider-Man on the Dreamcast last weekend and got most of the way through it, so maybe I'll see if I can beat it. Also started getting back into Quake after getting distracted from it for a while.

Best voice...I still like Terri Brosius as Shodan. That guy, I forget his name, who played Sam in Sam and Max Hit the Road is a favorite of mine. I was happy to hear him play Inspector Date in Yakuza. (I've been re-reading Sam and Max lately - maybe I'll play that game again....)
Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena, hopefully.

Barring that, probably WoW.

Voice acting? I don't know. I'm rubbish when sound comes into play. I don't really have a favorite, so how about the one I dislike the most? The PC's father in Neverwinter Nights 2.
Titan Quest and Halcyon 6.
Voice..Mmmm...Michael Ironside.
Wrapping up Victor Van Vran tonight and then probably moving on to STASIS. Or Batman: Arkham Origins. Or Masochisia. Something dark for sure.

Best voice + performance I've encountered is still Tony Plana as Manny Calavera. Just can't get enough of him (and Grim Fandango in general). He's such a delight to listen to.

J.K. Simmons as Cave Johnson in Portal 2 is also amazing, and Claudia Black made it so easy to fall in love with Morrigan in Dragon Age. Her accent is just delicious.
Post edited September 23, 2016 by maladr0Id
Wishbone: This weekend I'll probably be making a game rather than playing one. Trying to learn GameMaker Studio.
Took advantage of the Humble Bundle I presume?

I liked The Dude's voice in Postal 2.
Going back to Paper Mario. Still on Chapter 5, but I have reached the chapter's dungeon, and enemies have noticeably more HP than before. For the curious, Mario currently has (without HP/FP Plus badges) 25 HP, 15 FP, and 30 BP.
Wishbone: This weekend I'll probably be making a game rather than playing one. Trying to learn GameMaker Studio.
tfishell: Took advantage of the Humble Bundle I presume?
Indeed I did. Seems like a nice piece of software, but we'll see what I manage to do with it. To begin with, I'm cloning one of my favourite games, the C64 version of Wizball, because I figure that making something that I already know how is supposed to work will make it easier to focus purely on the tool itself.
Some Avadon 3 and Sam & Max Saves the World.

Some console racing with Forza 4 and Ride.

Best voice in a game ?

#1. is of-course Chris Jones as Tex Murphy.

#2. Robert Patrick as Commander Boston Low in The Dig.

#3. Adam Longworth as Carter in Risen 2 & 3.
Post edited September 23, 2016 by Ricky_Bobby