It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

foxworks: Thanks, I'll take a look into it. Last I saw it was just a file checker but I guess Timboli's expanded on it?
GameRacer: Yes, he is (iirc) adding things like quick and easy file downloads and other features. I believe you will need to install the gogrepo code or files or whatnot along with his program, but it will seemingly be very easy for some who liked & desired the old GOG DLer's functionality.

foxworks: Another reason to offload Galaxy, let's take Witcher 3 for example. Galaxy wanted to install the Steam version rather than GOG's version from the GOG bookmark. My blood is boiling. Apologies for my rambling.
GameRacer: Not a problem.

As for that issue, all I can say is: well at least it's not as bad as GOG essentially forcing everyone's old galaxy versions to update to 2.0....to me that was one of the sneakiest things they've ever done.
I appreciate it. I'll start thumbing through the threads and amassing the files for "the great download" :D
low rated
foxworks: I appreciate it. I'll start thumbing through the threads and amassing the files for "the great download" :D
No biggie. BTW the thread for Timboli's program is in post 813 here....best of luck to ya. :)
high rated
foxworks: Apologies for dredging this thread up. However, seeing as the downloader was a useful tool and we're now expected to use Galaxy for all our download needs, I gave it a chance and installed it. Mostly it just sat there until I upgraded my external storage to grab the remaining drm-free installers - only to find out you cannot sort by purchase date. I thought something so basic was built in and maybe I was overlooking it. Doing some digging I see this feature was omitted in 2.0. I guess I'll be removing Galaxy. FML
Just FYI: They did not omit any features - they redesigned 2.0 from scratch which imo was not the best decision they did. They focused on the integration feature (which basically is their biggest asset when it comes to galaxy 2.0) and neglected several of the basic features. However they added most of them with the last few updates. So chances are good that you will get this sort option added in the future as well. I know that many have already requested it.

Also: Timboli's tool is not a replacement for the GOG Downloader (he said so himself) but it might become an alternative to Galaxy-Downloads when it is finished.
low rated
MarkoH01: Also: Timboli's tool is not a replacement for the GOG Downloader (he said so himself) but it might become an alternative to Galaxy-Downloads when it is finished.
Actually with all the work he's putting into it and the features, i'd say it's less "might" and more "will most likely"(or "will")....when it's finished, that is.

==========================

For those who want to show GOG their displeasure at removing the GOG DLer: (Yeah, it likely won't bring it back at this point & Timboli seems to be hard at work on a replacement that'll make bringing it back likely unnecessary for a good number of people....still, can't hurt to show your displeasure at the old DLer's removal with a vote)
Post edited July 21, 2020 by GameRacer
low rated
(The link to the wishlist is in the post above this post, if anyone wants to vote and let GOG know your stance on the matter)

-=====================================- (It is appropriate for "sending the GOG DLer off" and it's a song which illustrates some of my thoughts on the topic[and hanging onto it so much] as well)

1:08 says it best, I think:

"Once I rose above the noise and confusion...just to get a glimpse beyond this illusion....I was soaring ever higher, but I flew too high"

"Though my eyes could see I still was a blind man....though my mind could think I still was a mad man. I hear the voices when i'm dreaming....I can hear them say..."

*Start of chorus*
Post edited July 21, 2020 by GameRacer
Not funny anymore.:(
Attachments:
browser.png (65 Kb)
high rated
What I think most would like is an ability to mirror their library locally.
high rated
chandra: snip
Coming back after years to redownload one of my classics and I find out this, certainly sad news..
Thats a shame. I always supported GOG, but i have to use sometimes gog downloader because GOG galaxy download velocity sucks, for some reason it can´t use my full internet velocity. If this issue with the download velocity isn´t resolve i would have to think twice to buy a game with a heavy download from this place.
Edit 16/11/2020 The download speed improved, but isn´t my max. Hope they keep working in this issue.
Post edited November 16, 2020 by marcusghost
I only do browser only download
high rated
Just another fucking step on anti consumer practices and forcing people to give up their legal rights.

Seriously if I have to do this sort of garbage and agree to an unlawful set of terms of service just to access my content then what the fuck is the point of buying from GOG at all?

How do people not see that Galaxy IS a form of DRM? How do they also not see that even stand alone installers are going to eventually be discontinued too?

Why gog? Why hast thou forsaken us all?

EDIT: Moreover if it hadnt been supported in 6 years but it had worked perfectly fine in that time, Where exactly was the harm? Why did the whole "completely optional" galaxy client effectively get forced onto people by making them chose it or chose unreliable and definitely different standalone installers obtained via browser download?!
Post edited November 27, 2020 by viranimus
low rated
sanscript: We still got the Python-based tool https://github.com/eddie3/gogrepo
So?
Thank you for letting me know about this.

I was able to get it running with the help of a friend.
I wish the script would also contain the command to specify download location, so far it downloads only to a directory with the script itself.

But nonetheless, thank you very much for posting this, this is EXACTLY what I needed for large-sized, modern games.
Tarhiel: Thank you for letting me know about this.

I was able to get it running with the help of a friend.
I wish the script would also contain the command to specify download location, so far it downloads only to a directory with the script itself.

But nonetheless, thank you very much for posting this, this is EXACTLY what I needed for large-sized, modern games.
You're welcome. I can't send you a pm so here it goes:

Just a quick update, this one is newer
https://github.com/Kalanyr/gogrepoc/tree/dev

Kalanyr (and others) is active in the thread on the bottom.

Make a batch file (gogbackup.bat) containing this after the initial login that saves the username and password (assuming Kalanyr's version here):

python gogrepoc.py update -lang en -os windows
python gogrepoc.py download C:\gog\
python gogrepoc.py clean C:\gog\
python gogrepoc.py verify C:\gog\

Run it either manually or automatic with Windows Scheduler. This will keep the backup nice and clean. Depricated/old files will be put here in a sub directory, C:\gog\!orphaned, so you can choose what to delete if you want to.

This is what I use now to an external:
python gogrepoc.py update -lang en -os windows
python gogrepoc.py download -skipextras B:\gogrepo\GOG\
python gogrepoc.py clean B:\gogrepo\GOG\
python gogrepoc.py verify B:\gogrepo\GOG\

If you have any questions just put them here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gogrepopy_python_script_for_regularly_backing_up_your_purchased_gog_collection_for_full_offline_e/
Post edited December 20, 2020 by sanscript
Galaxy 2.0 is very heavy. Very old or cheap old computers will struggle with it (not co-exist in background with games, etc.. running).