It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

HypersomniacLive: The "Show more" button always worked that way, and there never was consistency to the number of threads displayed when the button disappears. Don't know if that's a bug, but it has always been highly unreliable.
That is...very strange. As of a few days ago I could keep clicking "Show more" and it would eventually unfurl a list comprising all the threads I had ever posted in (as far as I could tell); then I must've hit whatever the secret "magic number" is, and now that section cuts off after five threads, with no option to load any more. I have to think that's a bug, as it would make much more sense for the list to start dropping threads you hadn't posted to in a long time in favor of newer ones once you reach that "magic number" -- if they must drop any from that listing at all.

I really find (found, I guess...) the "Topics I've participated in" section to be very useful, and I hope they will fix this, or at least keep it in mind for when they overhaul the forums. By contrast, I have always found the "Hot topics" heading pretty pointless, as those are all topics that rarely leave page one of the "General Discussions" forum anyway; may as well dump that heading and give the space to "Topics I've participated in". :D

EDIT: By the way, GOG, you might want to consider making this thread a sticky. =)

EDIT 2 - ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: fixed typo
Post edited December 08, 2014 by HunchBluntley
high rated
HunchBluntley: That is...very strange. As of a few days ago I could keep clicking "Show more" and it would eventually unfurl a list comprising all the threads I had ever posted in (as far as I could tell); then I must've hit whatever the secret "magic number" is, and now that section cuts off after five threads, with no option to load any more. I have to think that's a bug, as it would make much more sense for the list to start dropping threads you hadn't posted to in a long time in favor of newer ones once you reach that "magic number" -- if they must drop any from that listing at all.

I really find (found, I guess...) the "Topics I've participated in" section to be very useful, and I hope they will fix this, or at least keep t in mind for when they overhaul the forums. By contrast, I have always found the "Hot topics" heading pretty pointless, as those are all topics that rarely leave page one of the "General Discussions" forum anyway; may as well dump that heading and give the space to "Topics I've participated in". :D
Never worked reliably. I've noticed in several occasions that threads I knew I had participated in, and quite recently for that matter, were not showing up, while threads of many months ago were listed at the bottom of the list. Apparently it only got worse.

As for it getting a fix - I'm pretty sure that if you contacted GOG Support about it, you'd get the usual "(we know about it,) due to the workload of our web devs, it's of very low priority' reply, which practically means never.
Regarding a forum revamp, GOG Support has stated that they don't have the resources for it, so don't hold your breath it happening in this life time. Sorry to be a killjoy. :/
HypersomniacLive: As for it getting a fix - I'm pretty sure that if you contacted GOG Support about it, you'd get the usual "(we know about it,) due to the workload of our web devs, it's of very low priority' reply, which practically means never.
Regarding a forum revamp, GOG Support has stated that they don't have the resources for it, so don't hold your breath it happening in this life time. Sorry to be a killjoy. :/
Meh. At least that means we won't have to deal with prominent, useful features being stripped out, then slowly added back in (or not :/ ) like happened with the store revamp. Or with all the "u changed things now it sux i hate you goodbye" comments of users that complain about ANY change. :)
A notification option in the account settings would be very nice where one can adjust for which system notifications are needed.
For example I use Windows and don't need Mac or Linux updates, so also no notifications for these systems. So I wouldn't have to search everytime if and what was updated for my usage.
Don't forget multiple OS users so that they get all notifications which they want to get.

Edit: Plus the choice if one wants a notification for hidden games or not
Post edited December 10, 2014 by gamefood
Some thoughts about the store search page/search bar:
(WARNING: WALL OF TEXT INCOMING!)

--- The search function itself needs to be better. It seems to have improved since the site redesign first launched, but there are still things which could be better. A couple off the top of my head:

1) The search engine should not be quite so literal with regards to punctuation: whether you actually type the punctuation which occurs in the name of the game you're searching for (e.g., "King's Bounty: Warriors of the North" -- perhaps not a perfect example, as at the moment, that game does not show up in ANY search results, no matter how you type it =D ) or you fail to type it (e.g., "kings bounty warriors of the north"), it should display the same results.

2) I know in the past that if I were to search for "sid meier", the results would not include all the games that had "Sid Meier's" before the title; I can't tell if this has been fixed or not, because I can't necessarily trust the search results (and at the moment I'm waaay too lazy to do a domain search on Google to double-check.)

As I said, some such issues seem to have decreased since I first noticed them several months ago, so I applaud you for continuing to hack away at them.

--- The option to filter by price is nearly useless. The "free" option is the one that works as intended most often, I'd say, but only by virtue of the fact that there's normally only a short list of the same free games; however, I know the "discounted" option has, at times, failed to display all of the currently discounted games on the site (I believe the first day or two of the Big Fall Sale, for example), and I wouldn't be surprised if the limited-time free giveaway games similarly failed to show up in searches for free games as well.

Far worse than these issues, though, is the way the "under $20" and "under $10" options work: If I select "under $10", I don't wish to be shown games which are $9.99; yet this is what happens. Same thing with "under $20" and $19.99 games. This is stupid. This subverts the entire point of including these search options while abiding by the most literal interpretation of how they're labeled. Either change the pricing of products on your site to "round" numbers ($6.00, $10.00, $15.00, $20.00, etc. -- probably not going to happen, and I personally don't care one way or the other), or change these search options to "under $19.99" and "under $9.99". In lieu of that, I guess you could keep how they work the same, and just re-label them, i.e., "$19.99 & under" and "$9.99 & under", but in that case it would be nice if you'd at least add an option to search for games priced "$5.99 & under".

Best-case scenario: Instead of mutually-exclusive radio buttons for a few options, there would be two radio buttons under the "Price" heading: one with a box where one could enter whatever price one wanted, and it would search all games of that price point or lower (perhaps even with radio buttons to specify X price "and lower"/"and higher"); and the other for "free games [or movies]". "Discounted" could be a check box under the "specify price point" box.

At the very least, there should be an option to search by any of the major price points. It's a drag to have to slog through pages of $9.99 games to find the $5.99 ones mixed in. This is something which has annoyed me about the search page since I first joined GOG.

--- Similar to the idea of being able to specify any specific price point one wants is the theoretical ability to search for games by a user-defined year of release. It's nice that you made the three existing options check boxes instead of radio buttons, but it would be nicer to be able to specify a custom range of years, or to specify a given year "and older"/"and newer".

--- The "Company" search category REALLY needs to be organized in some intelligible fashion, alphabetical being the easiest and most obvious. Perhaps there could also be a box there (like with my theoretical "specify price" box) to specify a known publisher or developer without having to either browse through page after page to find the right one under that heading, or enter it into the main search box (which one might want to use to specify another parameter, such as "FPP" or "point & click".

--- I just noticed today that the option to sort search results "by date added" gives really inaccurate results. There are quite a few games that have been released since I became a member which are shown among some of the oldest games to have been released here, and some are shown much closer to the front of the list than they should be (Little Big Planet, as far as I remember, was sold on GOG well before it was given away this fall). For example, Lovely Planet, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter: Collector's Edition Upgrade (not the base game, nor the CE itself, mind you, just the upgrade!) and Crawl (which is not only not released, but doesn't even have a release date yet) all appear at the bottom of page 16 of 18 for the whole game catalog, and page 18 is clearly supposed to show the earliest games offered on Good Old Games. Not super important (at least, not to me), just something to look into at some point.

--- DLC titles really should be indexed so that searching "DLC" actually turns up all DLC for all games, not just the couple that have "DLC" as part of their official store page title. (On a somewhat related note, I miss when the URLs of the store pages for most -- if not all -- DLC sold here had "DLC" in them, even when the store page names didn't. It meant you didn't have to visit the page to find out, "Oh, it's just a DLC." Just glance at the URL. =) )

--- This one's REALLY minor, but, nit-picker that I am, it still annoys me: the sort order option counts as a search filter for some reason, yet the "View" option does not. Neither one should cause the "Clear filters" command to appear, but currently, having "Order" set to anything other than "by bestselling" causes that command to show up, even if no search parameters have been set. This is harmless, but still odd.

--- Finally (finally!), the current count of games (or movies) just above the search bar on the search pages should actually change to reflect the number of items the current search parameters returned. This one's so simple, I'm surprised it wasn't implemented ages ago. =)

...And now it is rather late here, so...I sleep now. (EDIT: ...After some editing for clarification and some attempts at formatting...I sleep...NOW.)

ANOTHER EDIT: More formatting.
Post edited December 13, 2014 by HunchBluntley
I don't like this fake TW1 update spam as much as anyone else and after a week of it or so, I did the only thing I can do although I know it will not change a single thing: I wrote a support ticket and told them that I do not like it.

I know, pathetic reaction.
Shaky picture bug still visible in the game profile pages. It would be nice if somebody started fixing it. Thanks.
Chamb: Hi all,

As you all know, our recent redesign of certain parts of the platform sparked very active discussions and resulted in tons of feedback from you. If I may, I would like to take some time to assure you all that we are reading each and every post that you have made and that we are carefully evaluating every piece of feedback sent our way.

Below you will find a simple list of progress made so far, in addition to our plans for the nearest future in terms of incorporating your feedback and further developing the new GOG.com.

Issues solved:
-- Missing gift codes / problems with gift codes after launch. This was the biggest issue that happened during the launch, which was the result of the ordering system being completely redone for the new website. The team worked hard and all of the issues regarding the gifting section were resolved within a few days after launch. That said, I would like to apologize to everyone that was affected.
-- Marking titles as owned. We launched with an imperfect solution for this and we knew that it needed improvements, but we wanted to hear your opinion. You spoke up, and since the launch, we already made 2 or 3 versions of it. Right now, in our opinion, we have what is the best possible solution, as by greying out products that you own we're taking them out of the spotlight rather than making them more prominent.
-- Marking titles as wishlisted. The lovely heart is back and it's more visible than it was before.
-- Currency preferences not being saved. It's already fixed, and we will be improving it in the near future to be tied directly to your user account (not only cookie).
-- Prices on the personal wishlist. Yes, that was one of our biggest omissions on the launch, but the prices have been reintroduced to the wishlist last week.
-- GOGmixes editing options being limited. The ability to reorder and remove titles from GOGmixes in edit mode is back.
-- *released* My Account issues. Most importantly the inability to open product details if you already opened details for the product in a different row.
-- *released* Inability to change email / password from My Account section. We are working on this issue, it's one of our top priorities right now, and it should be ready within a month.
-- *released* Wishlist option improvements. Making "on" and "off" wishlist states more distinguishable and separating the wishlist button from social buttons in terms of HTML structure (so it doesn't get removed by AdBlocking addons).
-- *released* Wishlist properly displaying discounted games.

Issues being worked on:
-- Promo page not respecting currency setting. We are preparing a brand new promo page, that will have some cool new things (like owned products being separated from the ones you don't have yet and the ability to quickly access some basic info about the product without the need to leave the page). It will also be ready within a month.

Our plans for the future:
-- Our biggest next step is the brand new My Account section. The plan is not only to fix all the issues that the current My Account has, but also introduce some of the requested features - like additional options to filter titles, full orders history, improvements to messages, and much more. As this is a pretty big task, we are not ready to announce any dates yet.
-- Galaxy Client (obviously) as well as many other smaller and bigger things that we believe you will love as much as we do.
-- We are also slowly starting work on a new support section. Our goal is to make it easier to navigate but at the same time more powerful and useful to you guys. It's still in the conceptual stage so it's too early to share anything at this point.
-- Bringing back your avatar to the top menu.
-- Constant improvements and fine tuning based on your feedback. So keep posting about the things that bother you, and we will be looking at how to improve them / solve the issues.

Once again, we want to reassure you that we have read all of your feedback and suggestions. Even if we're not always able to answer every single post or every single wish, we appreciate your help in making GOG.com even better. :)

Have a nice day!
Chamb & The Website Team
Well you're not listening to mine! You don't even reply to my support request. But clearly people who've bought literally hundreds and hundreds of games on GOG are to be treated like shit, aye? Isn't that right?
noncompliantgame: Well you're not listening to mine! You don't even reply to my support request. But clearly people who've bought literally hundreds and hundreds of games on GOG are to be treated like shit, aye? Isn't that right?
It's not right. As I stated on numerous occasions here, we are listening to every bit of feedback, but we are unable to respond to each and every post / message.

As for not getting reply from support team - I've talked to them, and they promised me to get back to you as soon as possible. Sorry you had to wait, but I need to ask you for a little bit more patience.
Since Matruchus brought up the pictures on games' store pages, I'll throw this idea out there: For titles which contain more than one game -- Master of Orion 1 + 2, Ultima I + II + III, Might and Magic 6-Pack: Limited Edition, et cetera -- each screenshot should be (discreetly) labeled with the name of whichever specific game it came from. Some small[ish], yet still legible, lettering along the top or bottom of each image would suffice. I have noticed one or two such bundles (I don't remember which, sadly) sold here where this is exactly what was done, but I don't know whether it was done by GOG, or, in those cases, the screenshots were simply promotional material furnished by the publisher, and came pre-labeled. In any case, It was (and remains) a good idea, as it can be rather helpful for customers -- especially ones who may never have played any games in a given series before, and would like an idea of the visual differences between them -- and it would be nice if the screenshots for all such collections on GOG got such a treatment at some point.
(I would also second the suggestion someone else made sometime back that the images in the image galleries for games that have been sold here for years be updated to larger sizes at some point, as some of them are rather small on modern monitors. Though this is probably high on no one's priority list, including mine. =) )
HunchBluntley: Since Matruchus brought up the pictures on games' store pages, I'll throw this idea out there: For titles which contain more than one game -- Master of Orion 1 + 2, Ultima I + II + III, Might and Magic 6-Pack: Limited Edition, et cetera -- each screenshot should be (discreetly) labeled with the name of whichever specific game it came from. Some small[ish], yet still legible, lettering along the top or bottom of each image would suffice. I have noticed one or two such bundles (I don't remember which, sadly) sold here where this is exactly what was done, but I don't know whether it was done by GOG, or, in those cases, the screenshots were simply promotional material furnished by the publisher, and came pre-labeled.
I'm pretty sure it's all been done by GOG. Actually, before the site was redone a lot of game series (if not all) had identification labels beneath the images but due to cropping and/or image resizing (because of the new display format) they've been cut off so they're no longer visible.
By the way, I fully agree with you. It's a neat little informative feature.
Post edited December 13, 2014 by Lemon_Curry
HunchBluntley: Since Matruchus brought up the pictures on games' store pages, I'll throw this idea out there: For titles which contain more than one game -- Master of Orion 1 + 2, Ultima I + II + III, Might and Magic 6-Pack: Limited Edition, et cetera -- each screenshot should be (discreetly) labeled with the name of whichever specific game it came from. Some small[ish], yet still legible, lettering along the top or bottom of each image would suffice. I have noticed one or two such bundles (I don't remember which, sadly) sold here where this is exactly what was done, but I don't know whether it was done by GOG, or, in those cases, the screenshots were simply promotional material furnished by the publisher, and came pre-labeled.
Lemon_Curry: I'm pretty sure it's all been done by GOG. Actually, before the site was redone a lot of game series (if not all) had identification labels beneath the images but due to cropping and/or image resizing (because of the new display format) they've been cut off so they're no longer visible.
By the way, I fully agree with you. It's a neat little informative feature.
I agree with you agreeing with ♠HunchBluntley♠ ☼ :)

Trilarion: I don't like this fake TW1 update spam as much as anyone else and after a week of it or so, I did the only thing I can do although I know it will not change a single thing: I wrote a support ticket and told them that I do not like it.

I know, pathetic reaction.
No, not for me. The only right reaction I'd say.
Post edited December 16, 2014 by gamefood
Lemon_Curry: By the way, I fully agree with you. It's a neat little informative feature.
gamefood: I agree with you agreeing with BlunchHuntley :)
I also agree with him(?) agreeing with me, and I agree with you agreeing with him agreeing with me. We all can agree that it's great to agree! =D
HunchBluntley: I also agree with him(?) agreeing with me, and I agree with you agreeing with him agreeing with me. We all can agree that it's great to agree! =D
I disagree to not agree with all of you :)
Post edited December 13, 2014 by Matruchus
HunchBluntley: I also agree with him(?) agreeing with me, and I agree with you agreeing with him agreeing with me. We all can agree that it's great to agree! =D
Agreed! Agree-agree! (lame I know xD)
Hey Hunchy I just saw I misspelled your name up there, sorry for that and have just corrected it. =)
Post edited December 16, 2014 by gamefood