It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
moonshineshadow: It they made it IP base they have thoughtfully excluded Swiss from the Euro-Zone since I still have USD as currency. But honestly I suspect it is just another bug/glitch with the forum, since there are a lot of strange things going on at the moment.
Except that currency selection is not available on the forum. ;-D

And bug or not, it's pretty annoying - must have switched that thing about twenty times so far.

Pidgeot: I am not seeing this here (Denmark, admittedly also outside the eurozone), and my sale tracker script can still grab all of the currency combinations (which is done through cookies). My browser is also still using USD (which I set it to).
Perhaps GOG just doesn't like me.
Post edited November 18, 2014 by HypersomniacLive
moonshineshadow: It they made it IP base they have thoughtfully excluded Swiss from the Euro-Zone since I still have USD as currency. But honestly I suspect it is just another bug/glitch with the forum, since there are a lot of strange things going on at the moment.
HypersomniacLive: Except that currency selection is not available on the forum. ;-D

And bug or not, it's pretty annoying - must have switched that thing about twenty times so far.
Of course I meant the gog website :p But maybe all this crazy stuff going on here in different threads is having some bad influence on the website, since it is getting a bad example :D
high rated
moonshineshadow: Of course I meant the gog website :p But maybe all this crazy stuff going on here in different threads is having some bad influence on the website, since it is getting a bad example :D
So, we have no one to blame but ourselves? ;-P
moonshineshadow: Of course I meant the gog website :p But maybe all this crazy stuff going on here in different threads is having some bad influence on the website, since it is getting a bad example :D
HypersomniacLive: So, we have no one to blame but ourselves? ;-P
I think there might be some people here we could blame :D But of course I am not one of them, I was really nice and handing out cookies, so it is not my fault ;-p
Post edited November 18, 2014 by moonshineshadow
HypersomniacLive: The currency choice seems to no longer be cookie based - every time I close and reopen the front page the currency has reverted to EURO, even though I switch it to USD every single time. Makes me think it's IP based now.
No, we did not change anything in that regard. I mean when we released the French version of the website we UPGRADED the language / currency settings to be tide to your user profile. So when you set up your preferences on the desktop computer you'll have them reflected, after your login to the same account, on all of your other devices.

Did you perhaps changed the regional setting via directly editing the cookie? Because that might cause the problem you're describing. I suggest that you clear your cookies and try agin.

HypersomniacLive: Not good, GOG, not good at all.
Agreed. That would be far from perfect solution, that's why we did not implement it. ;)
Thanks for the new favicon! Now get this hideous, black think out of the forums too ;)
Post edited November 18, 2014 by real.geizterfahr
high rated
Chamb: No, we did not change anything in that regard. I mean when we released the French version of the website we UPGRADED the language / currency settings to be tide to your user profile. So when you set up your preferences on the desktop computer you'll have them reflected, after your login to the same account, on all of your other devices.

Did you perhaps changed the regional setting via directly editing the cookie? Because that might cause the problem you're describing. I suggest that you clear your cookies and try agin.

Agreed. That would be far from perfect solution, that's why we did not implement it. ;)
Emm... not sure I follow what the upgrade did and how it does it. What do you mean by "user profile"? Is there a setting in my account that can be edited that I've overlooked?

My cookies are clearing automatically at every shut down. Which should mean that at every first login of the day the currency is back to EURO, but should stick to USD once I change it and for as long as the cookie is valid, right? Yet, it doesn't. It reverts back to EURO every single time I close the front page while remaining logged in.
HypersomniacLive: Emm... not sure I follow what the upgrade did and how it does it. What do you mean by "user profile"? Is there a setting in my account that can be edited that I've overlooked?
There is no setting in the account. To me is sounds like they did something like the stamp collecting. The currency is saved somewhere on the gog server based on what you had selected before and apperently it should save the currency you select after clearing your cookies. At least that is how I understood that message :D
moonshineshadow: There is no setting in the account. To me is sounds like they did something like the stamp collecting. The currency is saved somewhere on the gog server based on what you had selected before and apperently it should save the currency you select after clearing your cookies. At least that is how I understood that message :D
I'd like Chamb to clarify, as it's not clear to me what he meant or what/ andhow they did it.
HypersomniacLive: Emm... not sure I follow what the upgrade did and how it does it. What do you mean by "user profile"? Is there a setting in my account that can be edited that I've overlooked?
There's no special setting on the My Account page.

When you set your language & currency preferences with the switchers at the bottom of the page, we save your settings on your machine (in the cookie) and on our server (tide to your GOG.com Account).

When you login in the different browser / on different machine and we detect that there is no cookie with the language & currency preferences we first check if we have the info on the server. If yes, we read it and save it in the cookie. If not, we set it up based on your IP and save it in the cookie.

HypersomniacLive: My cookies are clearing automatically at every shut down. Which should mean that at every first login of the day the currency is back to EURO, but should stick to USD once I change it and for as long as the cookie is valid, right? Yet, it doesn't. It reverts back to EURO every single time I close the front page while remaining logged in.
That's really weird. As you can see this should not happen.

My suggestion is:
-- login to GOG.com,
-- delete the gog_lc cookie (while being logged in!),
-- refresh the page.

If after this the the problem will still be present... then I'm out of ideas. Do you have any hardcore security related add-ons installed?

real.geizterfahr: Thanks for the new favicon! Now get this hideous, black think out of the forums too ;)
Done! ;)
Post edited November 18, 2014 by Chamb
Chamb: There's no special setting on the My Account page.
But the language and currency options will eventually be moved there, yes? At least, once you've got all the kinks ironed out and problems like Hypersomniac's stop happening. It is...counter-intuitive, at best, to have those two options at the very bottom of the store pages, as opposed to having them on one's user settings page.

(On an unrelated note, I also hope that, whenever the forums receive an overhaul, the forum settings are integrated into the main user account settings page. It would be nice to have all those options on one [multi-tabbed] page.)
HunchBluntley: But the language and currency options will eventually be moved there, yes? (...)
Yes.
high rated
Chamb: [...]

My suggestion is:
-- login to GOG.com,
-- delete the gog_lc cookie (while being logged in!),
-- refresh the page.

]...]
OK, I followed your suggestion, and here are the results:
(1) Refresh showed currency correctly as set in USD.
(2) Logged out, closed browser (i.e. cookies got nuked), restarted and logged in. Opened front page - currency correctly displayed in USD.
(3) Closed and reopened front page a couple of times - worked as should.
(4) Next time and onwards, the currency issue is back again.

Pleas, note two important points:

(I) The currency selector is set to USD, yet all prices display in EUR. Reselecting USD does the trick, but only if I keep the page open. Upon closing and reopening it, prices again display in EUR, though the currency selector is set to USD.
(II) It is an issue affecting only the front page, as the individual game pages display the currency correctly in USD, no matter which game page I open or from where.

This is on the latest Firefox.

Chamb: [...]

Do you have any hardcore security related add-ons installed?

[...]
Could you please explain what you mean with the term "hardcore" in this context? Perhaps give a couple of examples?
HypersomniacLive: [...]
(I) The currency selector is set to USD, yet all prices display in EUR. Reselecting USD does the trick, but only if I keep the page open. Upon closing and reopening it, prices again display in EUR, though the currency selector is set to USD.
(II) It is an issue affecting only the front page, as the individual game pages display the currency correctly in USD, no matter which game page I open or from where.

This is on the latest Firefox.
Ok thanks for the info, will escalate it with the team tomorrow morning.

HypersomniacLive: Could you please explain what you mean with the term "hardcore" in this context? Perhaps give a couple of examples?
Do you have any add-ons installed at all? :)
I'd just like to pop in and report that I've been having a ridiculous number of problems getting the site to load on my phone. It's an iPhone 4s running iOS 8, which I know is a bit much for a phone that old, but it is what it is.

Safari crashes and reloads the main GOG page an average of 2-3 times per visit and randomly does the same on all other pages. This morning, it reloaded the front page six times before I gave up and went to my laptop. I've attached a screenshot of the Safari crash/reload/issue message. Chrome (for iOS) doesn't reload - it just outright crashes and force closes, and has a good chance of repeating this every time I try to load the GOG site.

For both browsers, the front page causes the most problems by far, so I suspect all the scripts running right now for the Fall Sale are a major part of the problem, but this has happened all over the site, so that's not the only reason.

I have, very occasionally, had similar problems with other random websites on the phone, but nothing like this.
Attachments:
img_0800.png (42 Kb)