It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

For the love of GOG, will you please stop erasing/resetting the content of 'My posts'?

jalister: It seems to me that the long list of problems that need to be fixed could have been avoided by just leaving the previously working website in place.
Hear hear. At the very least they should have made a checklist of all the essential site features in order to retain the user-friendliness and functionality thereby ensuring a smooth(er) transition. Evidently, bugs will occur in such a situation (especially as beta-testing appears to have become an antiquated concept) and I honestly don't have a problem with that.

What really bothers me though is the whole cumbersome process of users having to notify GOG of the useful and greatly appreciated functions from the old site that aren't included on the new one.

jalister: I'm not a web guy, but it would seem easier to add in a few things here and there instead of just throwing up an entirely new site...
Me neither and I fully agree with you but it just might have something to do with the implementation of GOG Galaxy. In other words, I sincerely hope so because otherwise it doesn't really make any sense.
Post edited September 27, 2014 by Lemon_Curry
Lemon_Curry: Me neither and I fully agree with you but it just might have something to do with the implementation of GOG Galaxy. In other words, I sincerely hope so because otherwise it doesn't really make any sense.
Yeah the reason is galaxy indeed. Check this: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/when_will_gog_galaxy_be_released/post21/?staff=yes
Matruchus: Yeah the reason is galaxy indeed. Check this: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/when_will_gog_galaxy_be_released/post21/?staff=yes
Thanks a lot for the link Matruchus. I for one don't mind waiting for Galaxy as I'd much rather be introduced to a fully fledged working platform than another underwhelming work in progress.
Lemon_Curry: Me neither and I fully agree with you but it just might have something to do with the implementation of GOG Galaxy. In other words, I sincerely hope so because otherwise it doesn't really make any sense.
Matruchus: Yeah the reason is galaxy indeed. Check this: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/when_will_gog_galaxy_be_released/post21/?staff=yes
INDEED!
Lemon_Curry: Thanks a lot for the link Matruchus. I for one don't mind waiting for Galaxy as I'd much rather be introduced to a fully fledged working platform than another underwhelming work in progress.
Yeah they should take as much time as they needed so that we won't need to beta test everything like we had to with the website changes.
Matruchus: Yeah they should take as much time as they needed so that we won't need to beta test everything like we had to with the website changes.
Yet, they should have an actual beta period once they are far enough along before just releasing it.
liquidsnakehpks: funny how , requests to change the ugly color of the site and logo has been ignored that being the concern and worry of most users since this change , i hope you don't think that users are going to get used to this ugly color if the demand to change for it is ignored...at least give us some other choices
Piranjade: ...
I like it.
*hides*
Says the most colorful birdy I've ever seen! ;P

My grey piratey Volgarr likes it, hehe. :)

PS/EDIT: Is it only me/my PC or has the site become speedier now at last???
Post edited September 27, 2014 by gamefood
I will give some positive feedback along with constructive criticism. Let's say you want to look at the whole catalog and use the filter. It's better now that you can go to the bottom of the page and click to the next page instead of the old way, where you had to wait on X amount to appear and slowly scroll down.

Now you need to refine it. You need to make it so that all or X amount of the pages are listed at the bottom and accessible. Right now you only have forwards and backwards. That's not good enough. You need it so that a visitor can quickly access a range of individual pages, as well as going to the very last page. All with one click.
Post edited September 27, 2014 by JohnnyDollar
JohnnyDollar: I will give some positive feedback along with constructive criticism. Let's say you want to look at the whole catalog and use the filter. It's better now that you can go to the bottom of the page and click to the next page instead of the old way, where you had to wait on X amount to appear and slowly scroll down.

Now you need to refine it. You need to make it so that all or X amount of the pages are listed at the bottom and accessible. Right now you only have forwards and backwards. That's not good enough. You need it so that a visitor can quickly access a range of individual pages, as well as going to the very last page. All with one click.
while we're talking about the filter:
can we please have multiple selections, ie:

i want to be able to look for, say, indie rpg's and see a short list instead of wading t hrough ALL the rpg's.
I just want to say thanks for restoring the feature of seeing ALL of our gifts, and who redeemed them and what not.

Who was responsable for removing this feature in the first place? They should be kicked in the shin for creating more work for whomever fixed it.
gbaz69: I just want to say thanks for restoring the feature of seeing ALL of our gifts, and who redeemed them and what not.

Who was responsable for removing this feature in the first place? They should be kicked in the shin for creating more work for whomever fixed it.
What if it was the same folk? Should they be self-whipped?
lostwolfe: while we're talking about the filter:
can we please have multiple selections, ie:

i want to be able to look for, say, indie rpg's and see a short list instead of wading t hrough ALL the rpg's.
You can currently achieve the aforementioned example (in a weird way). Select "Indie" from Genre and then type "Role-Playing" in the search box.
Post edited September 29, 2014 by Grargar
high rated
I decided to wait some time to give new feedback after the last changes, I think changes need some time to be tasted, but after several weeks, I think is the right time to go with a more "settle down" feedback:

First I want to point: I know you guys you been doing a hard work, both to improve the website, and to improve our experience and advantages, I dont want to critize the website in a destructive way, I just want to express my feelings:
I am buying games here since 2009, and I have a lot, so I could say this is one of my favourite places ever to buy games, even more than Steam, Origin, UPlay and more than Xbox Live, or even PSN. Or at least "it was".

Please understand this is in my "subjective" impression about what it changed recently, I dont want to tell I am right, I just want to point why my feelings about the website are changing:

Regional Prizes: GOG was my isolated favourite place to pay in dollars, even if you make us now save some money to buy later other games, something I really apreciate, it doesnt taste as good as before.

Not so many "good old games" anymore: Yeah, you still bring us some good old games, but I guess maybe for "rights" problems or whatever, lastly we are not getting the BIG good old games we use to had here, no more really amazing new/old games, and to make this situation worse, we lost some good game catalogue several times, understandble at the beginning, but actually too much, from TOCA, Obscure, to the last Fallout Series and Gothic Series, etc.

Indie Games are cool, but not my main interest here: I love them, and it was a great add to the website. But with the losing of the main focus of the website, the good old games, I feel now what mades special this website, is a bit lost. I also buy indie games on consoles, in fact i prefer modern games in the consoles, not in my PC, so I guess you understand what this means.

Confusing "trendy" design: I promise I tried to get use to the new design, but I simply can´t, I consider the previous one was so much better than this one, both in beuty and in usuability. The actual one is dull, and frankly, is MESSY.

Work half done: I think you tried to improve the website, this was your intention for sure, but beyond the "failure" of the new design, you completely abandon other features, like improve the forums, or our collection features, etc.

"Modern" Times and a Brand LOST: This was about GOG, I totally agreed with have some indie games here, but it seems like someone new entered your company with tons of "hipster" ideas, the new look, the more and more indie games and less good old games, the mega uber indie movies thing... I dont wonder why the LOGO is now grey, seriously you are losing the "Brand"

This is my two cents, please dont take it as a destructive critics, but after so many years you guys making my day over and over, the place is such a dissapointment after dissapointment with the last changes. I just want to be as honest as you guys allways been with us. I think honesty is a good thing.

Thanks for reading me.
gbaz69: I just want to say thanks for restoring the feature of seeing ALL of our gifts, and who redeemed them and what not.

Grargar: What if it was the same folk? Should they be self-whipped?
Now that is what I call job security! You won't lose your job cause you are all ways working :D
YaTEdiGo: "Modern" Times and a Brand LOST: This was about GOG, I totally agreed with have some indie games here, but it seems like someone new entered your company with tons of "hipster" ideas, the new look, the more and more indie games and less good old games, the mega uber indie movies thing... I dont wonder why the LOGO is now grey, seriously you are losing the "Brand"
I still think GOG was bought by another company, and that company thinks they know what is best for GOG. Unfortunately they are wrong. I agree that GOG does not feel like GOG anymore.
Grargar: What if it was the same folk? Should they be self-whipped?
gbaz69: Now that is what I call job security! You won't lose your job cause you are all ways working :D
Self-flagellation: the answer to all your prayers.