It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

HypersomniacLive: If their problems are on PC, then I doubt it's Adblock causing them - I have Adblock Plus installed and everything displays as GOG intended.
I too have Adblock plus installed, but I could also see the "Wishlist it" button at all times, since I only used the basic filters. Filtering out multiple parts of a page and then complaining that the page is broken does imply that the filtering may be the problem, though that's not always the case.
JMich: I too have Adblock plus installed, but I could also see the "Wishlist it" button at all times, since I only used the basic filters. Filtering out multiple parts of a page and then complaining that the page is broken does imply that the filtering may be the problem, though that's not always the case.
Well, I have more filters active, and Adblock Plus still doesn't cause any of the issues lostwolfe is having, even when switching to 800x600 (I get the results you posted in your post here).

Out of curiosity, when you say you could see the wishlist button, do you mean you could see it while the social buttons were blocked or did all of them display?
HypersomniacLive: Out of curiosity, when you say you could see the wishlist button, do you mean you could see it while the social buttons were blocked or did all of them display?
All of them were displayed, because I wasn't blocking the social parts. Thus the "filtering out multiple parts of a page" I mentioned above ;)
HypersomniacLive: If their problems are on PC, then I doubt it's Adblock causing them - I have Adblock Plus installed and everything displays as GOG intended.
JMich: I too have Adblock plus installed, but I could also see the "Wishlist it" button at all times, since I only used the basic filters. Filtering out multiple parts of a page and then complaining that the page is broken does imply that the filtering may be the problem, though that's not always the case.
at the point where i couldn't see the wishlist button, i hadn't tampered with gog at all. i do run adblock plus with noscript and ghostery, though, so some combination of those three might have done something odd.

plus, originally [when i actually looked into the source for about thirty seconds or so] it turned out that the wishlist button was part of the "share" css. they'd clearly and obviously intended for it to be part of that. naturally, some combination of adblock plus/noscript/ghostery saw that and filtered it away, so i /had/ to go in and construct a custom rule to get the wishlist button back.

as a general rule of thumb, i try to tamper as little as possible, /unless/ the site is doing something incredibly stupid that i don't really want to deal with at all. [joystiq.com, i'm looking at you and your background ad.]

i'm glad the wishlist button kept working for you, it just didn't for me. i'm not attempting to be difficult or weird. i'm just reporting issues as i see them :) [naturally, since it's a browser issue, everyone's going to see something different.]
Front page has just too much info:)
lostwolfe: i'm glad the wishlist button kept working for you, it just didn't for me. i'm not attempting to be difficult or weird. i'm just reporting issues as i see them :) [naturally, since it's a browser issue, everyone's going to see something different.]
No worries, and the reason it worked for me was because I wasn't filtering the share classes at all. So I had the wishlist button, along with share/tweet/+1 buttons.

Usual troubleshooting begins with removing/disabling any addons and checking if the page is still broken, thus the part about AdBlock. If the page is shown correctly without the addons, then it's the addons' fault, if it still doesn't, we try to isolate the page problem, then enable the addons, then see if it works as intended.

No worries either way though :)

P.S. Forgot to ask, what browser?
AdBlock, Ghostery, NoScript... geezus. Why don't you just take control over your browsing and use RequestPolicy, instead of letting some third-party tell you what you can do. Adblock (likely) tracks you (according to those in the know on slashdot) , slows your whole browser down for every single http request (as it's lists are so huge) and uses way too much memory.

As it is, GOG only makes 4 offsite requests, 1 request each to:
facebook.net, google-analytics.com, google.com, and twitter.com
plus 2 to fonts.googleapis.com

Though I'm not sure why they would need to fetch "Arial" or "Lucida Grande" from google.

Whether those requests are allowed or denied, it has no effect on GOG's functionality. Yet all those other "addons" (AdBlock, NoScript, Ghostery) break shit all the damned time.
Post edited September 25, 2014 by CrashNBrn
JMich: Usual troubleshooting begins with removing/disabling any addons and checking if the page is still broken, thus the part about AdBlock. If the page is shown correctly without the addons, then it's the addons' fault, if it still doesn't, we try to isolate the page problem, then enable the addons, then see if it works as intended.
you make a fine point, and i accept that, however, it was just a poor choice on gog's behalf. if they'd separated out the wishlist from the share buttons, this would never have been a problem. it - to me - was a semantic issue [which is really what you want to be wary of when doing anything web related. that's kind of why we moved away from table-based design. semantically, it was a terrible idea. you were marking up things as tables that weren't really information.] that got turned into a support issue because gog had an odd design.

if i'd considered the wishlist part of the share buttons, i would have turned off all the ad-blocking/social addons first, but...to my mind, wishlisting isn't sharing. that's how i see it in terms of common sense, anyhow.

JMich: P.S. Forgot to ask, what browser?
pale moon, which is a firefox variant. it's built for windows, specifically, so it's a /little/ faster. i have some version of all the other browsers installed just to check things out when i need to. [exactly because something on one browser might be rendered correctly and then not rendered at all on another. like the video site i'm sort of futzing with in my down time.]
CrashNBrn: AdBlock, Ghostery, NoScript... geezus. Why don't you just take control over your browsing and use RequestPolicy, instead of letting some third-party tell you what you can do. Adblock (likely) tracks you (according to those in the know on slashdot) , slows your whole browser down for every single http request (as it's lists are so huge) and uses way too much memory.
thanks for the heads-up. will look into this.
Post edited September 25, 2014 by lostwolfe
That RequestPolicy hasn't been updated since 2013 at least. There's a new active fork on Github. Adblock+ doesn't track you. It has those "acceptable ads" which can be disabled, but it doesn't track you. The reason why Adblock+ is eating lots of ram is because those filters the users subscribe to (only EasyList has 40000+ filters). On my machine Adblock is using less memory than NoScript and that's because I blacklist everything with NoScript and use AdBlock for those small annoying things.
OlivawR: That RequestPolicy hasn't been updated since 2013 at least. There's a new active fork on Github. Adblock+ doesn't track you. It has those "acceptable ads" which can be disabled, but it doesn't track you. The reason why Adblock+ is eating lots of ram is because those filters the users subscribe to (only EasyList has 40000+ filters). On my machine Adblock is using less memory than NoScript and that's because I blacklist everything with NoScript and use AdBlock for those small annoying things.
Link?
OlivawR: That RequestPolicy hasn't been updated since 2013 at least. There's a new active fork on Github. Adblock+ doesn't track you. It has those "acceptable ads" which can be disabled, but it doesn't track you. The reason why Adblock+ is eating lots of ram is because those filters the users subscribe to (only EasyList has 40000+ filters). On my machine Adblock is using less memory than NoScript and that's because I blacklist everything with NoScript and use AdBlock for those small annoying things.
RequestPolicy is updated regularly, its referred to as RequestPolicy continued.
If you go to the homepage you will see as such. As well as links to the GitHub page, and a version thats fully compatible with FF Nightly.

And the old version was working just fine, btw. You make your own permissions. I default to blocking everything and allowing what needs to be allowed to get the sites to function. It's a little bit of a pain every now and then, but once your rules are set you are good to go.

Some of the benefits of RequestPolicy 1.0 is easier to maintain rules that permit you to use less specific domains like: *.cloudflare.net, which in 0.5x wasn't possible, so you had to keep allowing all those stupid RANDOMSTRING-CDN.cloudflare.net or randomString-aws.amazon.com etc.

See also: Request Policy on github.

The homepage unfortunately points in some cases/places to google-groups et al, which they haven't deprecated yet, but don't use for anything much anymore. I accidentally wound up there - when looking for an updated RP that would work with Nightly.

I'm sure most people will continue to use the behemoth juggernaut of Adblock/Ghostery/NoScript et al...
But you owe it to yourself to at least, if you care about your privacy, time, and stability of your browser to at least look at other options. Letting other people make your decisions for you and control your experience on the wild wild web... may not be the wisest thing.

PS Try searching "$887 Million Adblock Plus".
Post edited September 26, 2014 by CrashNBrn
CrashNBrn: PS Try searching "$887 Million Adblock Plus".
and this is why i don't even allow the "harmless" ads that they suggest you allow. sorry, but the web just looks like a mess with ads on. even "acceptable" ones.

ps: my quick search lead to the same conclusion: "it's been discontinued with a fork." which seemed a bit awkward. the dude running that setup really needs to get things a little more together, because otherwise people won't necessarily use it.

also, this thread is now thoroughly derailed. ;)

someone needs to swing by and talk about things on gog.com that they don't like again. ;)
lostwolfe: someone needs to swing by and talk about things on gog.com that they don't like again. ;)
Like thread derailment? Oh, who am I kidding, everyone loves that ;)
CrashNBrn: RequestPolicy is updated regularly, its referred to as RequestPolicy continued.
If you go to the homepage you will see as such. As well as links to the GitHub page, and a version thats fully compatible with FF Nightly.

And the old version was working just fine, btw. You make your own permissions. I default to blocking everything and allowing what needs to be allowed to get the sites to function. It's a little bit of a pain every now and then, but once your rules are set you are good to go.

Some of the benefits of RequestPolicy 1.0 is easier to maintain rules that permit you to use less specific domains like: *.cloudflare.net, which in 0.5x wasn't possible, so you had to keep allowing all those stupid RANDOMSTRING-CDN.cloudflare.net or randomString-aws.amazon.com etc.

See also: Request Policy on github.

The homepage unfortunately points in some cases/places to google-groups et al, which they haven't deprecated yet, but don't use for anything much anymore. I accidentally wound up there - when looking for an updated RP that would work with Nightly.

I'm sure most people will continue to use the behemoth juggernaut of Adblock/Ghostery/NoScript et al...
But you owe it to yourself to at least, if you care about your privacy, time, and stability of your browser to at least look at other options. Letting other people make your decisions for you and control your experience on the wild wild web... may not be the wisest thing.

PS Try searching "$887 Million Adblock Plus".
RequestPolicy Continued is developed by other guy, not by Justin, the original developer.

https://sslsites.de/requestpolicy.256k.de/
https://requestpolicycontinued.github.io/requestpolicy/
https://requestpolicycontinued.github.io/requestpolicy/#faq-noscript
Sorry for any confusion. RequestPolicyContinued 1.0b7 is what I have installed (on Nightly). Apparently there's two websites that look similar... maybe one of them should be more grey.