It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Chamb: Once again, we want to reassure you that we have read all of your feedback and suggestions. Even if we're not always able to answer every single post or every single wish, we appreciate your help in making GOG.com even better. :)
Are you planning to fix HTTPS problems with the site? I.e. mixture of secure / insecure links and so on. It's a major usability issue which bugs more than any UI regressions.

To give a simple example. Let's say you open https://www.gog.com/forum
Note that links on top (Games, Movies) all point to the insecure version of the site, like http://www.gog.com/games
That's pretty messed up. And there are many of such examples. I try to use "HTTPS everywhere" add-on to work around that, but it helps only partially since in some places there are cyclic issues. To straighten it all up, you should just link within the same category. I.e. if it's secure page link to secure pages and use secure addresses for resources like images and etc.
Post edited September 16, 2014 by shmerl
high rated
Niggles: Is there a reason why you guys haven't commented on the overall grey theme that has infected the site? :P
liquidsnakehpks: This , i cant believe the blues are even ignoring direct quotes asking them to comment on the issues, either at least have the guts to say " yes we like this sad grey theme we are not going to change it or We are looking into the issue" instead of flatout ignoring it
They said they were listening to our feedback, they didn't say they were going to respond or act upon it :P
high rated
xyem: They said they were listening to our feedback, they didn't say they were going to respond or act upon it :P
XD, that's sadly accurate. ;-)
I dunno if you are really listening GOG... same problems being pointed from ages and still things stand (or even get worse...). Well, I hope you get on trail (someday). I´m holding the buying and community appearences for a while.
xyem: They said they were listening to our feedback, they didn't say they were going to respond or act upon it :P
I'm guessing "We are listening to your feedback!" was considered preferable to "GOG Galaxy isn't coming yet!", particularly considering the topic was made by the webdeveloper, and the *entire* post is about the web development, *except* that one statement about that they're still working on GOG Galaxy. (which was starting to raise a ruckus that it wasn't out yet)

Now granted, I guess releasing GG is going to require some changes to the website, but still... (besides, he mentioned the client, not changes to the site for it)

Feels similar to how politicians smuggled pro-gun legislation through congress in an agriculture bill.
Post edited September 16, 2014 by Pheace
I'm still waiting for a ticket to be resolved which I think is a bug cause by some of that "already owned" update you put in that causes a major store issue. You might want to hurry up fixing that one because it literally has an effect on sales. :P
As another poster has already stated, you can't sort the reviews by date, or sort them at all. I usually don't pay much attention to the reviews, but when I did before the site change, I often sorted them by date because I didn't necessarily want to read reviews based on votes. The sorting functionality has been removed.
Post edited September 16, 2014 by JohnnyDollar
Quote from JCD-Bio from another thread in which Judas pointed out to this one:
Chamb: I'm not telling people to gather pitchforks against the new layout, but one place where it's shamelessly obvious they copied a part of the layout of steam where it is inferior to the previous system is the screenshots. So they pulled a "me too" just for the sake of "me too." There's nothing wrong with making your layout accessible, or even familiar, but if you are doing it just for the sake of "me too" that's kind of disappointing and I respectfully disagree with such a mindset GOG.

This will sound like a petty criticism, and I guess it is, but so too could I liken GOG's attempt to play "me too."

I absolutely abhor steam's system. At least this one doesn't have that stupid slider, the arrow will scroll the entire mini screenshot gallery, but yeah, I think most people are going to flip through all the screenshots quickly like I do.

Even if they don't, it's nice to have the option. What am I even talking about? In the old system you clicked one of the fixed screenshots that are featured on the front. Then you have an arrow which will scroll to the next screenshot. Why is this more convenient? The new system requires some new unnecessary steps if you're just looking to go to the next screenshot.

You must reposition the mouse to the next screenshot each time to a unique position, in addition to reloading the "slide" of mini screenshots in order to get a new slide by clicking the arrow. I know, again, it sounds petty, but then why was it changed?

I thought I'd just point this out. This is just one discrepancy, and I'm sure there are others I could point out. A UI expert could probably sit down with some people and look for ways to optimize the interface in this way. I can think of a dozen improvements alone I want to see with the library, and I'll perhaps share them in the future.
I agree on the screenshots. Most of the changes where... there. Nothing that got me excited in either positive or negative way. Took a few seconds to "learn" where the old stuff is now but the only "stand out" for me was that the screenshot section was far better previously.
Post edited September 17, 2014 by anothername
^ Agree about the screenshots. It was much more convenient to browse through them in the old website. Now you need to click more which is annoying.
Pheace: I'm guessing "We are listening to your feedback!" was considered preferable to "GOG Galaxy isn't coming yet!", particularly considering the topic was made by the webdeveloper, and the *entire* post is about the web development, *except* that one statement about that they're still working on GOG Galaxy. (which was starting to raise a ruckus that it wasn't out yet)

Now granted, I guess releasing GG is going to require some changes to the website, but still... (besides, he mentioned the client, not changes to the site for it)
At any rate, I don't see how GG would require everything on the site to be grey ;-p
I like the new transparent logo, but the applications need to actually engage the transparency.

Screenshots are ass, and I want the game box back.

But the #1 issue is no way to filter out owned games. Once the game is off the main page, it might as well be gone until it pops up on promo. A new user, looking at the catalog, has a choice of nearly 800 pretty pictures, them not reaching page 17 isn't much of a problem because each page has a varied and grokkable offer for them. I have to sift through 700+ owned games. We need that checkbox, GOG.
Using grey as a base probably isn't that bad of an idea, but color needs to be blended in with it. Right now it's flat, bland, and too monochrome. Ignoring any lack of functionality, I think it's depressing.
Lone3wolf: I am Grey. I stand between the candle and the star. We are Grey. We stand between the darkness and the light.
This... Sounds familiar...
Attachments:
Post edited September 17, 2014 by real.geizterfahr
I guess this is the better place to write about an issue I'm having since the beginning of the week: am I the only one who has to press the "logout" button several times before *actually* being able to log out? Most of the times I have to click it twice, some others even three or four; the site just redirect me to the main page, but I'm still logged in.
Lone3wolf: I am Grey. I stand between the candle and the star. We are Grey. We stand between the darkness and the light.
real.geizterfahr: This... Sounds familiar...
The GOG team these days. This totally explains their color preferences.

The other adequate explanation is the depressive designer one. I hope it's not true. Otherwise, I hope he/she is still alive and is going to receive some help.
Attachments:
grey.jpg (13 Kb)