It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
There have been two topics posted to give suggestions to the new community manager, and both turned incredibly vile (one of them even ended up being closed).

In any case, it is clear that the forum needs *some* moderation, even if only light moderation.
low rated
PaterAlf: 99% of his posts are insults, racism, harassment and similar stuff. I don't think you have to feel sorry for him. But it's funny how he tries to play the victim card now that a new community manager showed up.
adaliabooks: Yeah, same with all the others (Tauto, Kleetus etc.), suddenly they are poor put upon members of the community who have never done anything wrong.
Me as well?
low rated
PaterAlf: 99% of his posts are insults, racism, harassment and similar stuff.
vsr: I used to lurk in "Good luck America" thread, where he was active. And i saw nothing of what you mentioned.
It's possible that many of the posts might have been reported as spam enough to be deleted.

(Personally, I don't think it's a good idea to have posts automatically deleted, as such a feature can easily be abused.)
I don't have a problem with you. Never saw you post anything really offending. Didn't follow the JerkMuter thread though, so I don't know what happened there.
USERNAME:adaliabooks#Q&_^Q&Q#GROUP:4#Q&_^Q&Q#LINK:988#Q&_^Q&Q#Yeah, same with all the others (Tauto, Kleetus etc.), suddenly they are poor put upon members of the community who have never done anything wrong.#Q&_^Q&Q#LINK:988#Q&_^Q&Q#
Honestly I don't whether you're downvoting is solely due your script (which I have no issue with though I don't use it) or for other reasons, but I wouldn't have lumped you in with Tauto and his ilk personally...
low rated
PaterAlf: I don't have a problem with you. Never saw you post anything really offending. Didn't follow the JerkMuter thread though, so I don't know what happened there.
My posts get deleted as well. I think you would be hard pressed to find a single post of mine where I am not being polite.

In this case, Regals is correct in pointing out a legitimate issue. Dismissing that issue because of who he is as opposed to what he says is a fallacy. Yes, most of his posts are ... objectionable in some way. Does this mean that it's OK for the spam reports system to be abused? Hardly.

If he is breaking the forum rules, by all means punish him. But using his behavior to excuse equally abusive behavior on someone else's part is not conducive to creating and/or maintaining a lawful, civilized society.
I agree with you in some way. I think that many of his post should be deleted, because they are against the forum rules. But it's not the users who should do it, but GOG. In fact it's not very clever to delete his posts using the spam button, because proof of him breaking the forum rules gets deleted.
low rated
PaterAlf: I agree with you in some way. I think that many of his post should be deleted, because they are against the forum rules. But it's not the users who should do it, but GOG. In fact it's not very clever to delete his posts using the spam button, because proof of him breaking the forum rules gets deleted.
There is an even more serious issue at hand. The mechanism for abuse is well known and wide open. Right now it's used to delete Regals' posts and most people are ok with it, because for the most part they feel that he deserves it.

The real problem is the following. GOG allows unlimited free user registrations. All these accounts are free to post to the forum and interact with the downvote / spam-report systems. There is NOTHING preventing someone from registering 100 accounts, writing a very simple script, which would make them downvote anyone that this person dislikes effectively banning them.

Think about this. Anyone can effectively ban you from the forum if they are angry enough and have a bit of time on their hands. This hasn't been done yet, but there is NOTHING at all preventing it from happening. We are effectively at the mercy of chance. The next angry nerd to register here can just delete you for not liking your avatar.
high rated
Johny.: Yes, we are listening. :) Thanks for the report.
Since you are listening, here's another report - logging out behaves the same way, for a very long time now - redirects to the front page, which makes even less sense to me, and is equally annoying.

And now that you've listened, dare I hope you'll do something about these?

<crosses fingers the answer's not soon™>
I absolutely agree with you on that. It wouldn't even be hard to do something about it for GOG. Use conformation mails to verify an account before it can be used and just allow a single account per mail adress (I think that's already the case). Most of the alt accounts used for downvoting would be gone.
Not technically true as far as I understand.
One, if I understand mrkgnao correctly about issues with MaGog, you can only log into three different accounts in a short space of time before being locked out.
Two, you can only visit the forum pages about 500 times before you get locked out, and that runs out pretty quickly if you're opening every single thread to find someones posts to down vote..
So while you could probably do some damage I don't think it could really be too bad.

Which is why I'm fairly sure a lot of the downvoting isn't actually done by bots at all.

But I do agree that the system needs to be changed, but using Regals as your spokesman is not exactly the best bet on that account.
Can you guys fix the Avatar not changing again problem? I just did it 12 hours ago and nothing showing up :(
low rated
adaliabooks: Not technically true as far as I understand.
One, if I understand mrkgnao correctly about issues with MaGog, you can only log into three different accounts in a short space of time before being locked out.
Not sure what this is all about, but I'm fairly confident it can be overcome.

adaliabooks: Two, you can only visit the forum pages about 500 times before you get locked out, and that runs out pretty quickly if you're opening every single thread to find someones posts to down vote..
So while you could probably do some damage I don't think it could really be too bad.
Which is why I'm fairly sure a lot of the downvoting isn't actually done by bots at all.
Out of curiosity I used Fiddler to take a look at the cookies sent to server. I'm pretty sure that a cookie can be made to last indefinitely, because the numbers, which are incremented with every new issuance of it are easily identifiable. What I don't know if they are being checked server side for being equal to what was last issued. If that's the case then it becomes more difficult but hardly impossible.

adaliabooks: But I do agree that the system needs to be changed, but using Regals as your spokesman is not exactly the best bet on that account.
No, no, no. He is not my spokesman. =) I'm my spokesman. I merely pointed out that what he says is accurate (in this case) despite of who he is. I'm not endorsing him or his behavior. If I did, I'd just behaved that way myself, wouldn't I? =)
high rated
UnrealQuakie: Can you guys fix the Avatar not changing again problem? I just did it 12 hours ago and nothing showing up :(
That's because it takes 24hrs to change. Patience you must have, my young padawan.
high rated
Johny.: Yes, we are listening. :) Thanks for the report.
HypersomniacLive: Since you are listening, here's another report - logging out behaves the same way, for a very long time now - redirects to the front page, which makes even less sense to me, and is equally annoying.

And now that you've listened, dare I hope you'll do something about these?

<crosses fingers the answer's not soon™>
Yes, you can hope. ;)

Just joking. It will get fixed. I hope sooner than later.

Please do not use this thread for personal issues or stating opinions about other users (I understand the initial motivation for it), because it gets harder to LISTEN. ;) Thank you.