It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The ultimate festival of Warhammer video games is here – get ready for Warhammer Skulls 2023!

You’ve heard it right, coming to us straight from Games Workshop, it’s time for the annual celebration of one of the most iconic and influential universes of all time. We are incredibly proud to be a part of it, and to give it a proper justice, we’ve prepared a true feast for all Warhammer enthusiast:

Play Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Master Collection and Warhammer Underworlds – Shadespire Edition right now, claim the Warhammer Skulls 2023 Digital Goodie Pack (with Final Liberation: Warhammer 40,000, awesome Warhammer art, special discount codes), and enjoy plethora of bargains up to -90% on excellent titles! The Warhammer Skulls 2023 on GOG lasts until June 1st, 10 PM UTC.

Let’s take a closer look at all of this Warhammer goodness – WAAAGH!

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Master Collection (-75% for the duration of Warhammer Skulls event) and Warhammer Underworlds – Shadespire Edition (-70% for the duration of Warhammer Skulls event) are now both available on GOG!

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War is an absolutely iconic real-time strategy classic that combines intense tactical gameplay, deep storytelling, and the iconic lore of the Warhammer 40,000 universe.

It takes you into the grim darkness of the 41st millennium, where a brutal and unending war rages between various factions and you are tasked with commanding armies of futuristic soldiers, monstrous creatures, and powerful war machines, to conquer the galaxy.

With its strategic depth, immersive atmosphere and diverse gameplay Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War will keep you engaged for hours on end. Moreover, you will discover (or rediscover) the captivating single-player campaign, where you’ll witness the gripping stories of various factions and their struggle for dominance. Dramatic moments, great characters, and challenging missions will keep you invested in its unfolding narrative.

Warhammer Underworlds – Shadespire Edition is a 2020’s digital adaptation of the explosive, high-stakes, turn-based strategy tabletop game from Games Workshop that pits mighty warbands from the Age of Sigmar universe against one another in an eternal player versus player battle for Glory.

The game's art style and attention to detail create a visually stunning experience, bringing the twisted and sinister settings to life. Engaging in tactical battles and outwitting your opponents in this grim world adds an extra layer of excitement and immersion. Dive into the dark and atmospheric underworlds of the Warhammer universe.

When it comes to the GIVEAWAY, the Warhammer Skulls 2023 Digital Goodie Pack contains lots of amazing Warhammer-based things, and you can grab it until May 28th, 4 PM UTC.

By the Emperor, claim the GIVEAWAY and get: Final Liberation: Warhammer 40,000 – great 1997’s turn-based strategy which allows you to lead the Imperial campaign in Volistad as Lord Commander Militant, beautiful Warhammer Skulls wallpapers, first month discount code for Warhammer+, Black Library’s book extract, Warhammer merchandise discount, and Cubicle 7 discount!

And of course, because Warhammer Skulls celebrates all the amazing video games based in the Warhammer universe, we have a plethora of great bargains, so you can discover them while saving up to 90%! Check out the deals on titles like:

Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector (-40%)
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine (-75%)
Necromunda: Hired Gun (-60%)
Warhammer: Chaosbane (-90%)
Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War (-90%)

Find all of the discounts HERE.

Time for the ultimate journey into the fantastical world of Warhammer. Check out Warhammer Skulls 2023, immerse yourself in a universe brimming with imagination, strategy, and sheer epicness, and expect more awesome things to come – For the Emperor!
Thanks for another goodie pack. :)

erbello: and also thanks for adding a new filtering option on the store :)
I rather would like to have an option to show only the DLCs for games I already own.

HunchBluntley: I think this is the first goodie pack that that they didn't even make a store page for.
They have made one, they just hide it:
Warhammer Skulls 2023 - Free Game + Digitial Goodie Pack
Post edited May 28, 2023 by eiii
QWEEDDYZ: Blood Bowl are not broken on GOG. It is broken itself - on Steam too.
What sort of argument is this? If I go to a store, I expect to buy a product that works. I do not care if another store sells a product that does not work. If it is the case that it was known that this product does not work, because it was faulty and GOG picked it up nevertheless, that shines a quite questionable light on GOG.
Post edited May 28, 2023 by Halbzeit
Good point. Maybe that even good point to blame GOG too. Shouldnt be here. But it is not GOG or DRMfree-version bug as mentioned here.

In any cases Blood Bowl here better than on Steam. DoW Collection better than on Steam. At least not the Steam versions and "partial-drm" are reasons not to buy.
Like Cyberpunk2077 map. In online form shouldnt be here a good point. There is a good point for be here.

Reason is removed LAN. No more no less. Like Blood Bowl bug. Game patch version itself.

If GOG bring previous-better version - that be great reason to buy it here. Now we have only reasons DRM-free equalent of Steam and another one reported here and on PCGW - GOG(?)/Galaxy versions have all races unlocked without other titles installed.
It is not enough to say GOG and Sega really care about us. Sega deffinetly dont care even after their few announces they do (btw they are reason to steam reviews recalculating come first, after with Rome2 updates/DLC and PR person attitude players are pieces of sh!t - and their PR still talk in that manner).
GOG - 50/50. Or even less.

So we should demand it. Demand response from them. Getting that we maybe can get someone at staff who did care about us and games. Without enthusiast person that not going anywhere even a step. Even for major issues. Not having LAN is minor issue because bring older versions is optional service. Unfortunatly.
Good point say it will going be normal. But it is, without GOG releases. We can argument it will happen again for DoW2/CR/Retribution. Because it will happen. LAN already removed and not happened it back by developers as part of (btw few later ones) updates with some else features. Without reasons.

Every games with patches get something downgraded or removed. Gameplay and tech. Or broken

This one with retail builds. Maybe there is a chance to get it back. Retail even drmfree. Except Soulstorm which one drmfree exe need to be find or obfuscated back if original lost (1,2 exe made by Relics not Irons so maybe they have backup source somewhere).
Post edited May 28, 2023 by QWEEDDYZ
Thanks for the freebie GOG. Hope Boltgun arrives on here too.
alfoulkes: Thanks for the game and other free stuff.

Man, some of these gamers today are whiny little brats. You want a game to be DRM free but at the same time, have the benefits of a DRM game. I'm sure GOG is doing its best to stay within these parameters while making a profit and getting the full game but it's more up to the developers.
My only issue is the lack of LAN; maybe GOG couldn't get the original retail version working sufficiently on modern machines, but it certainly would have been nice.

I agree GOG users and reviews can be unfairly harsh at times.
QWEEDDYZ: Good point. Maybe that even good point to blame GOG too. Shouldnt be here. But it is not GOG or DRMfree-version bug as mentioned here.

In any cases Blood Bowl here better than on Steam. DoW Collection better than on Steam. At least not the Steam versions and "partial-drm" are reasons not to
Apart from the Blood Bowl 1 problem. There is another store where you could voice your problems with a game and it will be taken care of. Not that bot which consumes your lifetime basically .

I am on your page looking at the CP 2077 stuff, but that ship has sailed here. Nevertheless Dawn of War is good release though I would rather have the game with ´the LAN option intact.
Post edited May 28, 2023 by Halbzeit
On another store this game appear more likeoy in original THQ builds. They make their release themself and not bought it from outsource General Arcade studio. Looms like Sega didnt even grand access to steam fdepots. They buy or pirate games and make cracks. There is more languages in Steam available mostly for Sega devs subscriptions only.

Another store also crack games back usually as i get it. They prefer make it from disc editions or grant disc edition as alternate (there is such releases there). Such goal mentioned by their staff person.

So even if Sega bring steam files (which one not happenes even here on GOG) only that another store coder make disc edition available too. They have collection of discs or try to find them.

And point is - they bought license to sell game. Fact they did it with alternate older build did not broke that agreement.

I cant say i like that way. Not all dlc and patches been avaialble for Retail. Digital editions sometimes get useful furter updates. Their releases sometimes come with own cracks. But actually same happen for GOG and Steam too. As point for it - broken newest updates not included.
(they made own releases of previouslt unavailable DLCs patches for FlatOut - but now they continue support it only for previous buyers - they agreement with EA+Codemasters lie at some personal entgusiasm of Codemasters). (Poached releases. Just like from the thread someonen make here to wine about this store exclusives.)

Hard Truck 2 is example of such release. They have 1C version as main and old CD with some not latest patch version from ValuSoft with own crack as alternate build.
Also they make games portable usually.
Sometimes no alternatives. Kao Kaolection use Steam build for Kao2 but disc edition for Kao3 with original silent "voices" (in GOG Kao3 Eng altered to have Polish VO).
Hogs of War another example. Broken release cause they use CD 1.0 and forget apply critical patch and copy music from disc. Although puvlisher was same UrbanScan as made correct release for GOG.
Pros and cons. 50/50 again. We forced to buy differ editions ti get our perfect builds. Although they response to any issues qnd try to fix them.

Back to DoW. Year after announce. And we didnt even get cross-platform. What the point use Steam builds? Crossplatform can he another point "better than nothing". But it is nothing (ofc offline still better here).
It is what General Arcade able to get in legal or not way. I dont think Sega care what GOG bring here.

We need someone to compare in Norton/Total Commander Steam/GOG/Galaxy builds and CD with patches. And make downgrade patch files for send them to GOG. Or whole games. I dont think GOG have needed files, not want ask from Sega, and Sega probably lost pre-steam files too (although they sold it on Sega Store before steam keys).
Post edited May 28, 2023 by QWEEDDYZ
HunchBluntley: I think this is the first goodie pack that that they didn't even make a store page for.
eiii: They have made one, they just hide it:
Warhammer Skulls 2023 - Free Game + Digitial Goodie Pack
When I made that post, that page wasn't indexed or publicly accessible, and according to GOGDb at the time, I don't know that it even had as many of the details (language, release date and such) filled in as it does now that it's "listed".
A bit late to the party, but kinda confused by the goodie pack. If I click the link in this thread, I just get redirected to the main page but there is no giveaway there.

Opened a link to the goodie pack someone posted in this thread, added it to cart and checked out. Result is I have the goodie pack in my games but Final Liberation is not included in it, nor is it in my library as a separate entry, nor marked as owned.

Did I screw up somewhere?
Attachments:
huh.png (485 Kb)
Post edited May 28, 2023 by idbeholdME
idbeholdME: A bit late to the party, but kinda confused by the goodie pack. If I click the link in this thread, I just get redirected to the main page but there is no giveaway there.

Opened a link to the goodie pack someone posted in this thread, added it to cart and checked out. Result is I have the goodie pack in my games but Final Liberation is not included in it, nor is it in my library as a separate entry, nor marked as owned.

Did I screw up somewhere?
Yes I never saw it either on the front page so I'm out of luck as well. There's a page for it:

https://www.gog.com/en/game/warhammer_skulls_2023_free_game_digitial_goodie_pack

What happened? It says it's free until the 1st of June to 5pm UTC but I see nothing on the front page. Why does GOG contradict themselves here?
Post edited May 29, 2023 by klappis
klappis: What happened? It says it's free until the 1st of June to 5pm UTC but I see nothing on the front page. Why does GOG contradict themselves here?
Probably an accident; wouldn't be the first time this sort of thing happened. I wouldn't be surprised if it was restored tomorrow.
Post edited May 29, 2023 by eric5h5
Alternate link
http://www.gog.com/giveaway/claim
(refresh once to see it was granted or until page show that)
Upd: Giveaway has ended
Looks like mistake and store pagebstill there with "Coming soon". Maybe return. Maybe not. Just ended a bit earlier?
UPD2: Wrong date on store page. Announce here say 28 May.

Such Goodies Packs not available in GOG Galaxy fot now. Only game (in that case Final Liberation have own entrie as a game there, but website library version to download goodies)

Now this time there is only one boring wallpaper (just orange back with warhammer skulls logo) and almost nothing more.

By they way. When they recreated store page for DoW in april they lost very few screens (available on GOGDB individual pages). At least two more to 46 on store page.
Soulstorm have MULTI5 listed. That one - language unavailability is much frustrate me than LAN removed. Especially since they (7 more language! almost all) included in steam, but not for everyone.
Post edited May 29, 2023 by QWEEDDYZ
alfoulkes: Man, some of these gamers today are whiny little brats. You want a game to be DRM free but at the same time, have the benefits of a DRM game.
No one is a "whiny little brat" for not wanting "DRM-free" to be an excuse to release gimpy inferior version of games, which this Crossplay-lacking DOW release is an example of.

There is no reason why this game couldn't have Crossplay with Steam had they bothered to do the work to make that happen. Lots of other games have GOG to Steam Crossplay, so why doesn't DOW also have Crossplay, exactly?

Because they couldn't be bothered to do the work? Because they wanted to be cheap? As far as I can tell, those are the only possible "reasons," and neither of them are good nor legit reasons.

A multiplayer-based game with heavily gimped (i.e. Galaxy-only) multiplayer; that's not a good release (contrary to what another post says, which ludicrously claims that this GOG release is better than the Steam release even though it isn't at all, since Steam has vastly better multiplayer due to its large multiplayer community); that's a borderline ripoff. It's also worse than the original disc-based release, which had a huge multiplayer population on the GameSpy servers, as compared versus the Ghost Town that is Galaxy-only multiplayer.

But tragically, it seems like this gimpy release is selling very well on GOG, so no doubt that's sending GOG and SEGA and also other publishers the loud & clear message that it's fine to for devs to be lazy and cheap and to give GOG releases the second-class citizen treatment, since the gimped versions of popular games are going to sell well on GOG anyway. :(
Post edited May 29, 2023 by Ancient-Red-Dragon
Does Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon - Da Orks also have a turn limit like Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon has it (according to the reviews)?
Post edited May 29, 2023 by eiii
Thats the way how Game industry work unftly. Im been russian cant buy game. So i cant contact support and demand anything. We forced to make sales and then complain.

Regarding offline - it is better

Regardin online... No doubt it never be the same amount of players as on Steamworks. But not so clear for else services esp 3rd party ones split to differ (entirely separate) GameSpy replacments, DOW Launchers, or GameRanger or RadminVPN or tungle/etc (if some still alive).

Crossplay require Relics make that release. But as i see not even Sega related to what come here. Steam not allow that at their side for non-steam accounts. That one indeed another loss. More point against is they make it for 11 month.
But singleplayer drmfree still singleplayer drmfree. Better delivery system even in Galaxy that still make games possible to work entirely "offline mode" drmfree and be more mod-friendly.

SWBF2 get newest updates after backport from GOG but rollback. People whine "game no more support 1.3 mods". As it was game job to support them. And in steam they get forced updates+rollbacks. Even Workshop mods get broken with forced updates still be installed and automatically installed by more broken delivery system of Workshop ("subscriptions" to mods and stupid way to unsubscribe all for clean install).
So regarding mods and SP we get better version after Steam.

Worse after Retail. Thats both true. Maybe superior term is unapplicable mean every possible versions.

That one another store more looks like try to make superiors. But they maybe cause of that get not so many games (and many removed).

Im sure "that one another store" at least try to bring alternate if that possible. No way they keep silent on request or react "hell no f@g".
But GOG throgh Support or usually some PM also response. And there is a chance them to try when its just released and on good sales now. More tike go less chances. Sometimes that happened. Diablo Hellfire for example.
Retail patch 1.51, 1.2 DC and let say 1.2 SS with securom(did it? official 1.2 drmfree would be more great!) still superior versions. Some else store bring them too likely. In that basis for opinion - GOG version very bad. Shouldnt be here at all
If use Steam/steamworks version situation GOG same 50/50 as steam with exact opposite features. No proper multiplayer at all. But it is Steam that use steamworks instead of Galaxy. It is steam disadvantage too - the only way is close steamworks servers and replace them by Galaxy.

Im not a good example of buyers. I will buy it even if no new for me. I did buy differ russian Retail edition even those that not have unique content. Im indeed one who (will) make good sales for no reason for this game (if i can but it in Russia). Im glad it come here in any way.

I did hope to get LAN and/or Crossplay. But i never believe that have many chances. I hope and many chances for multilanguage support... I know i be glad it come here anyway.
But i never say LAN not needed. THQ version should be used for offline from our customer basis - offline installers shouldnt be related to Galaxy and they are default builds (they not).

We should fight back Galaxy at one point. But that already happened and why here and not for all other games been just automatic compiled from Galaxy? At this point nothing wrong here. Steam to Galaxy with obvious LAN removed. Obvious Galady non-crossplatform multiplayer. Usual GOG situation. Usual Steam. Usual Digital Downloadable storefronts situation. No points to fight it exactly here.

Although we have not so big right to demand THQ builds we still should. GOG should try - they didnt it. They didnt tr to get proper steam build with all depots. At that moment they dont care.
But we cant say it is screwed release, DRM or broken. There is issues. Although DoW Gold build dublicated, missing few files after steam (STL lib in SS).
Post edited May 29, 2023 by QWEEDDYZ