It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The ultimate festival of Warhammer video games is here – get ready for Warhammer Skulls 2023!

You’ve heard it right, coming to us straight from Games Workshop, it’s time for the annual celebration of one of the most iconic and influential universes of all time. We are incredibly proud to be a part of it, and to give it a proper justice, we’ve prepared a true feast for all Warhammer enthusiast:

Play Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Master Collection and Warhammer Underworlds – Shadespire Edition right now, claim the Warhammer Skulls 2023 Digital Goodie Pack (with Final Liberation: Warhammer 40,000, awesome Warhammer art, special discount codes), and enjoy plethora of bargains up to -90% on excellent titles! The Warhammer Skulls 2023 on GOG lasts until June 1st, 10 PM UTC.

Let’s take a closer look at all of this Warhammer goodness – WAAAGH!

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Master Collection (-75% for the duration of Warhammer Skulls event) and Warhammer Underworlds – Shadespire Edition (-70% for the duration of Warhammer Skulls event) are now both available on GOG!

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War is an absolutely iconic real-time strategy classic that combines intense tactical gameplay, deep storytelling, and the iconic lore of the Warhammer 40,000 universe.

It takes you into the grim darkness of the 41st millennium, where a brutal and unending war rages between various factions and you are tasked with commanding armies of futuristic soldiers, monstrous creatures, and powerful war machines, to conquer the galaxy.

With its strategic depth, immersive atmosphere and diverse gameplay Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War will keep you engaged for hours on end. Moreover, you will discover (or rediscover) the captivating single-player campaign, where you’ll witness the gripping stories of various factions and their struggle for dominance. Dramatic moments, great characters, and challenging missions will keep you invested in its unfolding narrative.

Warhammer Underworlds – Shadespire Edition is a 2020’s digital adaptation of the explosive, high-stakes, turn-based strategy tabletop game from Games Workshop that pits mighty warbands from the Age of Sigmar universe against one another in an eternal player versus player battle for Glory.

The game's art style and attention to detail create a visually stunning experience, bringing the twisted and sinister settings to life. Engaging in tactical battles and outwitting your opponents in this grim world adds an extra layer of excitement and immersion. Dive into the dark and atmospheric underworlds of the Warhammer universe.

When it comes to the GIVEAWAY, the Warhammer Skulls 2023 Digital Goodie Pack contains lots of amazing Warhammer-based things, and you can grab it until May 28th, 4 PM UTC.

By the Emperor, claim the GIVEAWAY and get: Final Liberation: Warhammer 40,000 – great 1997’s turn-based strategy which allows you to lead the Imperial campaign in Volistad as Lord Commander Militant, beautiful Warhammer Skulls wallpapers, first month discount code for Warhammer+, Black Library’s book extract, Warhammer merchandise discount, and Cubicle 7 discount!

And of course, because Warhammer Skulls celebrates all the amazing video games based in the Warhammer universe, we have a plethora of great bargains, so you can discover them while saving up to 90%! Check out the deals on titles like:

Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector (-40%)
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine (-75%)
Necromunda: Hired Gun (-60%)
Warhammer: Chaosbane (-90%)
Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War (-90%)

Find all of the discounts HERE.

Time for the ultimate journey into the fantastical world of Warhammer. Check out Warhammer Skulls 2023, immerse yourself in a universe brimming with imagination, strategy, and sheer epicness, and expect more awesome things to come – For the Emperor!
eiii: Does Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon - Da Orks also have a turn limit like Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon has it (according to the reviews)?
Yes, there is also turn limit set for each mission.
WinterSnowfall: No LAN multiplayer is sad... truly dark times for the Imperium of Man.
Very sad. I'm a huge fan of this game, but as far as I'm concerned, if there is no LAN MP option that doesn't require a server connection, then I don't consider it to be truly DRM-free. Multiplayer for this one is very important.

I have a copy of the original physical release already, so this release doesn't seem to add anything for me.
<shrug>
Post edited May 29, 2023 by Time4Tea
I see you say that regarding LAN in general in all games. Did you mean this release or not... If you mean in general - yes of course. Fake LAN (private lobby rooms) that we get since 2010 is not drm-free offline component (because no need online connect two home pcs).

GOG Galaxy is not truly DRMfree itself and so game version. It is have DRM LOCAL private rooms. Not true for 100% cause it not say LAN. Regarding online play at all - official services is "drm" by design, idea. There is and no DRM in galaxy version here.

Regarding drm-free GOG (offline) version - there is no DRM there whatever we think about network connections. This builds not supposed to be played offline instead using galaxy client to validate-update it or reinstall galaxy build from scratch. So there is no online components in offline version. It is perfectly DRM-free.

If you not mean GOG bring DRM to LAN here - you absolutely right about not truly-drmfree LAN games (in general). They are. It is not even like Hitman but like older Hitman titles and many else incl offline(and galaxy?) version of Space Marines - anything farest considered DRM just removed entirely with game features for it.
QWEEDDYZ: I see you say that regarding LAN in general in all games. Did you mean this release or not... If you mean in general - yes of course. Fake LAN (private lobby rooms) that we get since 2010 is not drm-free offline component (because no need online connect two home pcs).

GOG Galaxy is not truly DRMfree itself and so game version. It is have DRM LOCAL private rooms. Not true for 100% cause it not say LAN. Regarding online play at all - official services is "drm" by design, idea. There is and no DRM in galaxy version here.

Regarding drm-free GOG (offline) version - there is no DRM there whatever we think about network connections. This builds not supposed to be played offline instead using galaxy client to validate-update it or reinstall galaxy build from scratch. So there is no online components in offline version. It is perfectly DRM-free.

If you not mean GOG bring DRM to LAN here - you absolutely right about not truly-drmfree LAN games (in general). They are. It is not even like Hitman but like older Hitman titles and many else incl offline(and galaxy?) version of Space Marines - anything farest considered DRM just removed entirely with game features for it.
huh?

Hey, i'm just curious about if this will be a success or not. With all the work involved and like a presence of 100 peeps on the forum that have been persistently chasing the notion, it would be nice if there would be some hint about the actual sale numbers.
I mean, next time such a thing happens, we can just tell people to .. i mean point those kind souls to previous results.
Just as with DRM free... Digital Right Managements, no need for copy protection but... is that the only means of protection needed?
Post edited May 29, 2023 by Zimerius
There is issues not related to DRM.
People use "DRM" when they didnt get what they want to get.

Regarding DRM-free GOG version - it is entirely DRM-free as should be. No online at all.. No multiplayer there no DRM there. Like Space Marines. Some games here get even Skirmish removed. Still DRM free. Blame for content unavailability, but not for DRM.
Asking for THQ build is what we should do but not what GOG should bring. Optional. Did they bring it or not. Offline DRM-free build still DRM-free comparing to Retail too.

GOG Galaxy version not-true-free based on not axiom factors, opinions. Steam version back in '15 get LAN removed so lobby rooms is only way. DRM. At only some points of view. Galaxy version is conveted Steam one.
If take original version as main to compare - Galaxy have DRM LAN Lobby that is not LAN (and not called Lan). If base on Steam = it is DRM-free Galaxy multiplayer. Steamworks/Galaxy/etc itself have account authentifications by design.
It is questionable consider it is DRM or not. Only for Steam and GOG Galaxy builds.

Many people here or steam or torrents use desires as arguments. Opinion as argument for opinion. Own decisions as facts for everyone. Not real facts. Just childish No i want it want iy want it! And even "most offline content are DRMed!" (Hitman). That one "most content" and "another DRM release" used as manipulation with facts. Try to get attention from GOG by telling other users lie about real situation.

If person above not mean it in that way - he is right about LAN situation in general in games since 2010. If he try to blame this release and GOG - he try blame DRM version for be DRM.

Some people even whine official matchmaking are "DRM". They just use it to whine and excuse for "i want it!" (they mean "for free" right?).

Literally there is users who say Warcraft 2 on GOG come with Bnet DRM. Even with fact non DRM multiplayer (IPX) and LAN (few else options) are still there. Optional online services aithentications is not DRM cause they are online authentications. No point to blame them for using account system.

Again. There is releases with Skirmish removed. And people instead of use normal arguments call it "DRM" instead of "second class". Same happened for Two Point Hospital from Sega. One person use every possible words. It is bugged need to patched. It is still DRM remain (first two offline builds here remain Galaxy DRM). GOG version not come with few content no more available at all (twitch/amazon and for reward from events ingame for multiplayer plays). Loss of content is not DRM. There is no online way to get them for TPH both GOG and Galaxy. Unity3D cracks-mods is not mean release was DRM.

Dawn of War here are completely offline in offline builds. Skirmish only. Content loss issue, not DRM. Even with fact installing client +updating bring DRMed LAN back. That come not from GOG and their services, but as part of latest patches and game industry based on consoles. Sony, Microsoft main villains, Valve's Steam sefond, Sega as owner third. And GOG with General Arcade even dont really care here about us - still forth. Galaxy is DRMfree service itself, 50/50.

I as a customer and player and old_/hardcore games fan. My opinion GOG shouod fight withbthat DEFAULT industry situation as much as they can. But unlike my opinion fact it they not should do that. We get default option. GOG show us they do interest in games and our opinions if they switch offline buikds to THQ's.
But we ALREADY KNOW they not interested in that. They dont want additional points from us and use galaxy-online builds as default. It is SAME issue as for completely offline (oldest DOS games) releases. Galaxy is default branches.
We still shouod blame them for it. And maybe blame for not trying bring THQ build. For better older versions. But not for incorporating DRM where it supposed to be.
Post edited May 29, 2023 by QWEEDDYZ
DoW for me....again :-) Years ago I co-bought physical copy and addons with my friend, not so long ago - STEAM version and now I couldn't resist to buy it on my favorite platform.... I've also bought Mechanicus - thx GOG - great deals!
I bought the Dawn of War bundle (Already have these games, but wanted the GOG version. Something to note, Darke Crusade originally was DRM free and could be installed to run without the disc on your computer. I still have that version and it still works on Windows 11. However, Soulstorm did not).

After buying it I have Dawn of War, Winter Assault, Darke Crusade, and Soulstorm all under different headings in my game section. Are they all able to run independently or do I need to install one and then another?

If I just install Souistorm, will it only have Sisters of Battle and not all the other factions, or will it be like the independently released version that originally came out which basically had all the factions (though not the older campaigns)?

Is it compatible with the disc version of Darke Crusade (once again, it is already DRM free so it would just add content to it instead of replacing it...etc)?

Thanks in advance
GreywolfLord: After buying it I have Dawn of War, Winter Assault, Darke Crusade, and Soulstorm all under different headings in my game section. Are they all able to run independently or do I need to install one and then another?
They're separate games, not DLC.
If I just install Souistorm, will it only have Sisters of Battle and not all the other factions, or will it be like the independently released version that originally came out which basically had all the factions (though not the older campaigns)?
It has everything except the campaigns.
GreywolfLord: After buying it I have Dawn of War, Winter Assault, Darke Crusade, and Soulstorm all under different headings in my game section. Are they all able to run independently or do I need to install one and then another?
eric5h5: They're separate games, not DLC.

eric5h5: It has everything except the campaigns.
Thank you very much!
Just to note - Final Liberation appeared in my library separately at some point after the goodie pack. No idea when exactly, but at least I got the freebie in the end.

Thanks GOG.
For those who missed the Warhammer Skulls 2023 Freebie with Final Liberation and goodies on the store front page, you can still claim it free until June 1 2023, 5 PM UTC on the linked store page.
Post edited May 30, 2023 by bjgamer
eiii: Does Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon - Da Orks also have a turn limit like Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon has it (according to the reviews)?
Sulibor: Yes, there is also turn limit set for each mission.
Too bad. :( Thanks for the confirmation!
bjgamer: For those who missed the Warhammer Skulls 2023 Freebie with Final Liberation and goodies on the store front page, you can still claim it free until June 1 2023, 5 PM UTC on the linked store page.
Yes, changed back to "Free" from "coming soon".
erbello: and also thanks for adding a new filtering option on the store :)
eiii: I rather would like to have an option to show only the DLCs for games I already own.
Hohoho, Merry Christmas :)
Attachments:
dlc.jpg (14 Kb)
Post edited May 31, 2023 by erbello
eiii: I rather would like to have an option to show only the DLCs for games I already own.
erbello: Hohoho, Merry Christmas :)
That indeed feels like Christmas. :)

Thanks a lot, GOG!

Now from the major catalog issues only the blacklist / no interest option is missing.
Or at least fix marking all the owned game editions correctly. ;)
Post edited June 01, 2023 by eiii